Zodiac
Years ago

36ers owner Grant Kelley wants to be on Crows board

Griffin, who runs his own law firm and also has been a prominent AFL player agent, was spurred to comment after the Crows board's lukewarm response to the prospect of ASX50 CEO Grant Kelley replacing outgoing Rob Chapman as chair.

InDaily on Friday revealed prominent Crows luminaries - including inaugural CEO Bill Sanders – have spoken to Kelley, the CEO of Melbourne-based Vicinity Centres and owner of the Adelaide 36ers, about joining the board.

Kelley said he was open to such a move, confirming: "If they wanted me on the board, I’d be happy to consider it... the Crows have been a huge part of my life and my family’s lives for many years."

https://indaily.com.au/sport/football/2020/06/22/ex-reds-boss-smashes-weak-crows-board/

Topic #47319 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Culture meets culture

Reply #809122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In all honesty what could Kelley actually offer in terms of expertise. I mean he has not exactly had the midas touch in the corporate nor sporting world yet has he?

Maybe the Crows/Kelley actually see structural synergies between the Crows and the 6ers thus the dialogue with him?

Reply #809124 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The Crows board is for the bluest of blue bloods, hence:

Deputy chair Jim Hazel told InDaily last week: "I think we know our way around the sporting landscape pretty well in SA, but Grant [Kelley's] not someone I know well".

He noted the club had “a number of internal candidates” but would be “considering external candidates as well”, saying: “He’s welcome to come and talk to us.”

Sounds a bit like Kelley's getting ahead of himself.

Reply #809129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep the team as last season and see how he goes? If they spend money to buy a competitive team then of course he will be coty.

Same as gleeson, put him in illawarra with the budget they have he wouldn't have 5 ring's.

Reply #809134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suppose you could argue the 36ers are in great shape right now compared with the crows!

Reply #809136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's better than who's there and that's saying something, make him chairman

Reply #809137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not like he could offer more than Kate Ellis or Mark Riccuto

The Board is to Old Adelaide centric so perhaps a new fresh outside voice on the board would be a good thing as its clear we are falling apart since the Tigers GF debacle!

Reply #809165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

expertise in chasing away home grown talent

Reply #809166 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

ROFL !!! Crows think they are in trouble now, jeez Kelley and Co have turned 6ers into a shitshow, pass the popcorn and peanuts please

Reply #809199 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe the Crows/Kelley actually see structural synergies between the Crows and the 6ers thus the dialogue with him?
How many times have we heard that over the years!?

Reply #809221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be a good time to start now though while both sides are down . It would be a good move for all imo.

Reply #809223 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

ROFL !!! Crows think they are in trouble now, jeez Kelley and Co have turned 6ers into a shitshow, pass the popcorn and peanuts please

There has been downs but also Ups.

Some credit for those?

Reply #809231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What ups? Destroyed the team by alienating our best player then ran the coach out of town. No major sponsor for two years. Questionable attendance numbers when there are free tickets being tossed around like rice at a wedding.

Reply #809236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Free tickets? This isn't Sydney mate. I took my wife and kids and it cost over $120 for tickets lol

Reply #809263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you should get to know people who get free tickets then

Reply #809266 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

As expected no dice for Grant Kelley the Crows new Chairman is former SA Liberal Premier John Olsen.

https://indaily.com.au/news/2020/10/13/crows-put-city-move-back-on-agenda-as-olsen-moves-in/

Kelley didn't even land a spot on the Board.

Reply #818834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cool thread bump Zo

Reply #818836 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:25 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754