Isaac
Years ago

NBL Free Agency pushed back to July 15

NBL Commissioner Jeremy Loeliger said given the later than normal start to the 2020-21 Hungry Jack's NBL Season, the NBL and the ABPA have agreed for the free agency period to now begin on Wednesday July 15.

Loeliger said: "This will allow players more time to prepare for free agency as they consider their futures. It will also allow extra time for Clubs, including The Hawks who have transitioned to new owners over the past week and are currently finalising coaching and staffing arrangements.

“With the current uncertainty around other basketball leagues, we are confident the NBL will remain a highly attractive option for players from both Australia and New Zealand as well as around the world. The NBL is one of the best leagues in the world outside of the NBA and Australia and New Zealand will be among the safest places in the world to play."

Topic #47329 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

I'm assuming this wouldn't affect the ability for 36ers to sign Humphries, Salt etc.

But it would give the Hawks more time to convince Naar, Grida, Froling to stay

Reply #809523 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Makes sense to push it back. Still only less than 3 weeks away.

Reply #809525 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

Nah wasn't returning before the Goorj signing. Not really sure where he lands outside of the Hawks though. Most clubs have their backup PGs in place.

Reply #809529 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I don't know...
The Cats are already back training, with most of their team, including Kay. I don't know what the situation is in other states, but I imagine most teams would be able to train?
So delays only hurt those teams with empty rosters.
And what are they actually delaying? Free-Agency ALLOWS players not re-signing to shop their services around, it doesn't force them to sign anything.

Reply #809535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where was Naar going if he wasn't returning ? Most sides play very up tempo, not certain that suits his game.

Reply #809542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

with free agency moved to the 15 july was there going to be an announcements of more possible signings then Isaac humphries

Reply #809678 | Report this post

Nate  
Years ago

After listening to JVG on radio the Local players have signed at Adelaide. Including Humphries and assuming Salt (Liam Santamaria) usually on the money.
Combo guard import which they will wait till August/September and by the sounds a high level player.
Leaves a local starting SF hopefully.

Reply #809684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am guessing the nba finals will be over when the nbl starts, how cool would it be if nba free agent players come here for worm up to a new nba season e g
Delly sem
thon maker kings
Anthony united
Ennis wildcats
Torrey taipans

or free agents who would love to be back in the nba

Reply #809692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ is that meant to be carmelo Anthony.?

Reply #809693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes

Reply #809694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantasy meh.

Reply #809698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Krislovic, Noi, and Djeric all locked in. All bench players but good start.

Reply #810670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noi a starter.

Reply #810674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noi starts and you ain't playing finals no matter what hoops think. Kelly played him off the bench due to lack of defensive side of his game.

Reply #810688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack white to United I'm hearing

Reply #810695 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754