Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Clipsal Powerhouse to DHD

Does anyone know when the Powerhouse became the Dome? The exact date isn't needed - just an approximate (eg October 2003)?

Topic #4735 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

I think October 03 sounds about right.

Reply #54626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

September 2003

Reply #54628 | Report this post

sponge  
Years ago

why?

Reply #54713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe its just me, but I still call it the powerhouse out of habit. Is anyone else faced with this horrific problem?

Reply #54714 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I find my self going to say Clipsal Powerhouse but realise mid-sentence so it often ends up being refered to as the Clipsal Dome.

Reply #54715 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

The Dome will always be the Powerhouse.

AAMI Stadium will always be Footy Park.

Fellas will always be Lightning.

Some things change in name only.

Reply #54726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Indeed !!!

Reply #54766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'The Powerhouse, now officially known as the Distinctive Homes Dome, is situated in Adelaide and plays host to Basketball and other special events such as concerts and functions. The Adelaide 36ers who play in the National Basketball League play their home games at the 8,000 seat stadium. It has one main level of seating and corporate boxes overlooking the court.
The venue was previously known as the Clipsal Powerhouse until that naming rights agreement came to an end at the end of 2002. '

Reply #75712 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:44 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754