anon
Years ago

Hawks sign Jackomas as assistant

JJ Signed on with Goorjian, Who else will get a gig at the hawks

Will the old waterboy that used to follow goorjian around get a gig, can't remember his name but he followed goorjian and thought he was legendary but he was a tosser.

id suggest goorjian will bring in another assistant, id love to see it go to glen Saville or someone like that

Topic #47354 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

They couldn't afford Simpson but they trying to get him

Reply #810089 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

Won't be Sav. He’s just embarked on a new career.

Reply #810093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goorj's brother?

Reply #810099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great choice. Very astute and knows the game extremely well. Congrats Jacob

Reply #810103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was going to happen as soon as the job at Knox was advertised and he has worked with Goorjan before in Sydney and China.

Reply #810110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can we say
Andersen
naar
aj
blanchfield

not returning to the hawks next yr

Reply #810115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully.

Reply #810129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not certain to many clubs would be smashing doors down to sign any of those four, no disrespect to ando but he is 40.

Reply #810131 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Blanchfield would still be a handy pick up in a reserve role.

Reply #810135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still think the Hawks will find it tough this season even with Goorjian as coach . Starting from nothing & trying to sign players after the announcement of the new owners so late is going to make it hard for them. The younger brigade of Dech, Glover, Naar, Froling & Grida will all be sort after from other clubs & realistically 2 or 3 of them will move on you would think if the rumours are correct
For the older brigade from last years team, Blanchfield is probably moving on, AJ , Coenraad probably stay & Anderson probably retires. There doesn't seem to be to many more high profile players to choose from if rumours are correct , I think it will be another long year for Hawks fans

Reply #810146 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

Anderson ain't retiring.

Reply #810152 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think I read Andersen has been working out with Goorjian in Melbourne during the off-season if so that would suggest he's probably going to be back at the Hawks.

Goorjian has also said publicly Naar, Dech & Glover are players he wants to come back.

Reply #810155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anderson been working out in Melbourne with gorge

Reply #810156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm tipping Brandt to be the marquee player.

Reply #810157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just because Goorjian publicly comes out & says he wants Naar, Dech & Glover to stay doesn't mean they will. Dech has been linked to 3 or 4 teams,so the chances of him staying is small I reckon

Reply #810159 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I never said they will just that Goorjian wouldn't be publicly naming them for the fun of it.

Reply #810160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi I'm the Hawks and welcome to Jackomas.

Reply #810161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do people love Dech?

Reply #810185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ incoming troll

Reply #810188 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I'm not the author of the relevant post, but I'm thinking some people are far too high on Dech?

He had a couple of 'ok' games whilst playing big minutes for a garbage team.

Looking at stats alone, averaged over half a game. 9.4ppg, 3.7rpg, 1.5apg, 0.8spg. 40/34/66 shooting. Given the team's situation, that doesn't do a whole lot for me.

I liked his energy, particularly on defence. Thought he'd be suited to 10-15 minutes off the bench as a guy who'll play hard the entire time.

Have I whiffed on that assessment? Maybe I'm being too hard. Does anyone here think he legitimately has the goods to play a larger role with any team in the league?

Reply #810235 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That sort of player is still a useful piece for a team.

Hi I'm the Hawks and welcome to Jackomas.
LOL.

Reply #810239 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

I loved Dech. But... He doesn't have the passing or creative game to be a PG & wasn't overly consistent as a shooter or scorer, so not really a 2 either.

If he complements a gun, scoring import guard then he's a solid starter.

Though if I'm the Hawks management I'm locking up Glover as priority 1 & darkhorse starting 2 guard, then Timmy C as priority 2. Vet presence, was probably our most consistent player last season & will not break the bank budget either.

Reply #810373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This was Dech's first real season as a player. To average close to 10ppg at 39% in your first year isn't anything to complain about.

Reply #810375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MOst players can do that in garbage time. The stats prove it. Give him more minutes and that won't be the case.

Reply #810384 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Given what a shambles the Hawks were and injuries , Dech's stats might be a bit misleading.

Would be a handy 15min guy on most teams though.

Reply #810385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

23 mins per game is hardly garbage time

Reply #810387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For example Cadee averaged 11.1 ppg in 23 mins per game.

Reply #810388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep another seriously over rated player.

Reply #810404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Media pets. It always helps.

Reply #810405 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754