Zodiac
Years ago

Official Updated NBL Free Agency List

Melbourne United captain Chris Goulding heads the list of free agents for the 2020-21 Hungry Jack's NBL season.

The Hungry Jack's NBL has released the list of free agents ahead of the start of the official free agency period next Wednesday July 15.

Goulding, who won the 2018 NBL Grand Final MVP, headlines the free agency list that also includes Anthony Drmic (Adelaide 36ers), Harry Froling (Adelaide 36ers), Cam Gliddon (Brisbane Bullets) and Todd Blanchfield (The Hawks).

A number of players have already been re-signed by their clubs and clubs can sign free agents from next Wednesday when free agency begins.

https://nbl.com.au/news/2019-20-player-contract-status

Topic #47373 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

rumours

HF Bullets
Drmic Bullets
Cam Gliddon Phoenix
Todd Blanchfield no news

Reply #810676 | Report this post

Sourbroker  
Years ago

Goulding leads the list.

Reply #810681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do people really think Goulding is leaving Melbourne? I can't see it happening.

Reply #810683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well if Goulding is in Melbourne, he's not going anywhere right now!

Reply #810704 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

Chris and I have had talks and he is going to Perth for one season before joining Tasmania.

Reply #810709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trev 'the troll'

Reply #810710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mangok maithang has a deal in Slovenian KK cedevita olimpija olgun uluc

Reply #810713 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

So Mathiang is gone. Can't miss someone we never had.
At this rate we might need to see what Luke Nevill is up to

Reply #810714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a done deal yet.

Bigs
Brandt, Salt, Reath, Bairstow still available.

Possibly but unlikely Landale, bolden

Free agent maybe
Kickert

Reply #810715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Motum too.

Reply #810716 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Add Motum but subtract Kickert.

Reply #810717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickert still a decent backup for some teams.

Reply #810718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney needs a big name

Reply #810719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

goulding will re-sign for one season and then join Tas team next year alongside gibbo

Reply #810730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra got lot work to do.

Reply #810732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks hopefully can get something like

Illawara Hawks-Goorjan
(I)/6'1 E.Naar
6’5 S.Dech/6’4 A.Glover
6’7 D.Adel/6’7 T.Blanchfield
6’10 J.Bolden/6’11 S.Froling
(I)/6’11 A.Ogilvy

Maybe motum(euro) over bolden(who doesn’t look likely to keep nba gig)
Glover rumoured to Sydney

Reply #810735 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

I think Blanchfield might end up in Adelaide.

Reply #810738 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Blanchfeild to cairns to replace DJ Newbill

Reply #810739 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

That would be an enormous downgrade.

Reply #810745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blanchfield is a lower budget player now, though JVG took him to the kings, so likely to over pay him in Adelaide.

Reply #810748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumour out Illawarra is that no players have been contacted yet re the up coming season, part reason that Glover could be at Kings. Free agency could be delayed again or the new hawks will be nbl1 team with a gun coach.

Reply #810764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ Newbill is a legit gun of the league but flies under the radar in Cairns.

Reply #810767 | Report this post

J Bags  
Years ago

Saw Foreman Jr the other day. Looks like he's ripped and ready for a re-boot.
Any truth to the rumor he's making a comeback for the Hawks?

Reply #810773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newbill flew under the radar at the breakers, solid player at both ends and doesn't look for accolades. Cairns very smart in picking him up two seasons ago, hope he can stay there.

Reply #810774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #810764

Not even close to factual. Move along.

Reply #810776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With free agency a week away you would think the hawks would have announced a signing or two. If a local home grown talent like Glover is kings bound because he hasn't been offered a contract maybe you have better move a long a bit quicker.

Reply #810784 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

^ 100%

I'm super disappointed as a Hawks fan right now. I don't want to hear excuses from the new ownership group. I want answers!

The Lavalle-Ball crew had it all sorted, players, trainings, coaching staff, etc. etc. yet LK went the other way & apart from delivering us Goorjian, seems like the only thing else we're getting is a big fat duck egg full of excuses right now : (

Reply #810793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which players and coaches did the Ball group have? surely you are happier with professional basketball people running the club, not more flash in the pan investors.

Reply #810796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AIr Delay , Lavalle & the Ball camp would've been in the same predicament as the current owners, they had to sign a coach & staff, then talk to the players & offer them contracts
Who is to say that the players would still sign before free agency starts

Reply #810798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lavalle was going with the existing coach and had new assistant coaches ready. The players were training at the snake pit under Flinn. All has stopped and players agents are looking elsewhere. The whole thing is set to fail, and people who don't no much about hawks the snake pit is the centre of everything basketball, senior and junior teams.
Before everyone starts bagging Flinn, how did Kelly go first season or even the great Gleeson do at Melbourne.

Reply #810801 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Lavalle was going with the existing coach and had new assistant coaches ready. The players were training at the snake pit under Flinn. All has stopped and players agents are looking elsewhere. The whole thing is set to fail

I put it to you that Lavalle would have set the Hawks up for failure if he went with the same sh!t as last year.

If I may your honour, I submit states evidence #1.

https://nbl.com.au/stats/ladder

Please refer the the difference between the last row and second last row.

Reply #810805 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I can't believe people are whinging about the new owners already.

Flinn's last NBL season = Wooden spoon

Goorjian's last NBL season = Championship

If you don't know anything about Goorjian he's got standards he's not going to sign some scrubs just because they're local hell the team are just called the Hawks now if that wasn't enough of a give away about where their future lies.

Reply #810808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There will only be scrubs left, Glover is no scrub either and a very popular local, if they don't want the team in Wollongong should have moved it already.

Reply #810810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There will only be scrubs left, Glover is no scrub either and a very popular local

That's not how it works.

If Glover, or anyone else goes elsewhere, it will be because they got a better offer. End of story.
At the risk of pointing out the bleeding obvious, if they are intent on signing elsewhere due to aforementioned better offer, then they're not going to re-sign with the Hawks just because you say so.

If you argument is that Lamello would have offered them more money than Goorjan, well then I don't think any further reply is necessary.

Reply #810811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The new owwners that probably own 25% of a club in crisis. Do you think they have any say in what LK wants?

Reply #810812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't read well, hawks have offered nothing to any of there players. By the way the kings offer was bottom line.

Reply #810813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is motum going to Perth, hawks, sem, Melbourne, cairns or Sydney

In the post...
Adelaide is full, brisbane is full, breakers are full.

Reply #810815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't read well, hawks have offered nothing to any of there players. By the way the kings offer was bottom line.

You are wrong , the Hawks have offered

Reply #810816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They haven't.

Reply #810817 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Who to believe...

Reply #810818 | Report this post

Knowledge Delayed  
Years ago

Air Delay, stick to the Hawks Facebook group where at least there your idiotic comments are only seen by Hawks fans.

Put aside your idolisation and friendship of Lavelle and the fact that what you may have heard from others for what it was. all talk.

It's embarrassing to be a Hawks fan reading some of the negativity around the new ownership. Can’t wait to see you all flocking to the bandwagon when Free Agency starts and the club can officially sign and announce players.

Maybe the reason you’re not hearing anything is that there’s nobody you know with real inside info.

Reply #810820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They haven't

You know nothing,they certainly have

Reply #810821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They certainly haven't.

This is fun!

Reply #810822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When the Hawks went into VA,all current contracts were all void. When the NBL took over the ownership they offered contracts to the players it affected (Dech, Froling & Glover). The new ownership which took over from NBL have been quoted that the contract offers are still on the table for these players during free agency

Reply #810823 | Report this post

Hawks Fan  
Years ago

I think I speak for most Hawks Fans when I say how bitterly disappointed I am with the appointment of Brian Goorjan. Seriously, these new owners are clueless. We had a great thing going and they rooned it.

The whole point of being a Hawks fan, is being able to constantly bitch and moan, without actually going to games or supporting the team in any way.
FFS, if they stop being an embarrassment, then we lose our excuse for not going to games.

If this shit is allowed to continue, they're going to start winning games, and people will have to start buying fucking tickets. Where does it end?
Before ya know it, they'll be in the damn play-offs and we'll have to fork out for more tickets.

Reply #810824 | Report this post

Knowledge Delayed  
Years ago

You could get a job writing for the Mercury.

Reply #810825 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Motum and Brandt to the Wildcats

Reply #810827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are you smoking Andrew.

Reply #810828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It seems as though Knowledge Delayed is a very pleasant, forum-friendly human being that confusingly claims to be a Hawks fan.

Outside of a starting 5 of 2 imports & a couple of top shelf locals, who are the best budget local free agents still out there?

Assuming Coenraad is playing on, he'd be an asset for any team.

MHO

Reply #810830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apart from the local free agent hawks
I thought Kenny was solid off the bench for cairns.
I think Hickey deserves more time at sem too from a dp.
Interested to se where j.white goes, both Melbourne teams need him.

Reply #810831 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

Wow. What have I done to upset 'Knowledge Delayed' ?

No hiding from me, yes, I'm tight with the Lavalle's (it's spelt with an a not an e FTR) & am lucky to talk to a few people around the traps, but you're hating on our Mercury too?

Flinn wasn't coming back as head coach, there was going to be a HOF coaching director, then Flinny getting his second crack.

No other coach coulda done any better last season with all the cards Flinn got dealt.

Free agency wise, I'm all for Goorj, I was a Kings fan as a kid, but if the new Hawks are trying to win some local love, letting Angus leave for the PurpleFilth & not picking up Timmy (who was one of our best players last year) is a bad move.

AJ would be a very good back up centre at any club.

Blanchfield a good back up 3 at any club.

I love Emmett, though can't see him starting anywhere in the league.

Dech, great, hope we keep him, but he's a tweener, not really a 1 or a 2, but a really good defender & effort kind of guy.

Froling's got a high ceiling & had a disrupted year. Not a starter yet, but could be an NBL starter in a year or so.

If we end up with Brandt, Adel, + 2 quality imports, I'm stoked, but we're crazy if we don't snap up Gus ASAP.

Reply #810838 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

I'm hoping for Brandt and Motum to the Cats, both would fit nicely.

Reply #810840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blanchfield and Ogilvy won't work hard enough for Goorj - he won't want them.

Reply #810841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lifelong hawks fan here, and I love the Hawks/Kings rivalry just as much as anyone.

But for the love of god please stop with the "PurpleFilth" garbage.

Not intelligent, not funny, very embarrassing.

Reply #810843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And bring on free agency - hopefully they announce some HUGE signings to put this debate to bed and we can get back to actually getting excited about it rather than trash talking the new look Hawks.

Reply #810844 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Yep bring on free agency I don't think the Hawks will compile a roster as bad as last season.

Reply #810846 | Report this post

maxymoo  
Years ago

Trash talk them at the end of FA not before.

Goorjans networks will be very attractive.

Reply #810851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Krebs to the Bullets.

Reply #810855 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Rhys Vague just signed in Japan, biggest free agent is off the board.

Reply #810858 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Has anyone told D2.0 about Vague.
Wouldn't need him as a training player that's what DPs are for.

Reply #810860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

B-2 in Japan, wonder what sort money they pay.

Reply #810862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They combined 2 leagues in Japan. A lot of teams. Top players earn half a mill in D1

Reply #810863 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Perth can, does, and has used TPs.
In addition to serving as Training opponents, they are often used as injury replacements.
Often they are just local guys from the SBL, but in recent years they've had DKD, Walker and then Dech as TPs.

Vague was still training with the Cats and would have continued if the Japanese or similar opportunity didn't come up.

Reply #810870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good luck to him, hopefully he sets himself up with a good paying contract.

Reply #810874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A league starting up in a foreign country this year? Don't tell Dr Kobe.

Reply #810876 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

If the only way you can find fault in something I said is to just make up something you wish I'd said so you could prove me wrong, maybe you should consider that I actually do know what I'm talking about?

Reply #810880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Strange I thought you said no overseas competitions until mid next year. Can't be stuffed finding the exct quote. I guess you can't even remember what B/S you made up.

Reply #810885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe: I never said that, you just made it up.

Stalker: No, I can't find where you said it, so I just made it up.

Reply #810888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't be stuffed finding it. You have posted 5000+ crap times. I never said I can't find it. You can't even read and comprehend it appears.

Reply #810889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK. You said "
koberulz
Earlier this year

Other than Singapore who have tightened restrictions most countries will probably start to ease them in next six weeks.
Maybe, but there's a long way between 'easing restrictions' and 'business as usual', [Bold]which won't be happening until the middle of next year at the earliest.[/bold]
Citation needed. Happy now?

Reply #810891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does that prove KR said that no leagues will start up in foreign countries? Business as usual factors A LOT of things into it - not just easing of restrictions, and certainly not the commencement of a local basketball league.

Reply #810892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty clear to me.
koberulz
Earlier this year

'business as usual', which won't be happening until the middle of next year at the earliest'.
Citation needed.

Reply #810893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh ok, repeating the same thing out of context is your sole argument....

And saying "citation needed" means what exactly?

Reply #810894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I were Koberulz I would just ignore the anon.
Can't view posting history anyway.

Reply #810895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe always asks for a cititation once idiotic posts are made. Like this one. It's his opinion based on nothing. Please cite where this "fact" is published. before gobbing off. It's not out of context at all. It was stated as a 'fact' based on nothing that's the whole point. Like so many other 'facts' he posts.

Reply #810896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can search posting history, but you'd have to be pretty obsessed with someone to do that to the extent this stalker does.

Reply #810897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Kobe always asks for a cititation once idiotic posts are made"

Yeah so why are you saying it after your own post?

" It's not out of context at all. It was stated as a 'fact' based on nothing that's the whole point."

No, the whole point is you're a sad fucker who spends too much time over what KR has or hasn't said. You have an unhealthy obsession with him.

Reply #810900 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

My favourite part of this argument is anon accusing me of lacking reading comprehension because he mistook another anon's post for one of mine.

Reply #810902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I prefer him saying "citation needed" at the end of his own comment because he thinks that it's something you say after an idiotic post.

Reply #810903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No, the whole point is you're a sad fucker who spends too much time over what KR has or hasn't said. You have an unhealthy obsession with him." Wow. Such a pointless post that is suppossed to have validity. Sad. I hope the medication solves your issues. Seriously I do. Nah. Give your trolling of me up. That's about as pitiful and pathetic as you are.

BTW you really can't comprehend DR Kobe. I wasn't replying to you

Reply #810904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a curious response

Reply #810905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No, the whole point is you're a sad fucker who spends too much time over what KR has or hasn't said. You have an unhealthy obsession with him." Pot, kettle, black.

Reply #810906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every thread gets high jacked with personal insults, yes koberulz does talk crap at times but also has good things to say. It's the same with most on here, say your piece and move on, stop attacking posters, it’s there opinion and if you don’t like it don’t read it.

Reply #810908 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Unfortunatley there are those here that simply can't STFU.

Reply #810909 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

What a curious response

Beat me to it - the sad little man has gone from stalking me to kr.

Reply #810911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do we know if we do or don't like their opinions if we can't read them?

This goes beyond opinions though. It's one sad twats who stalks koberulz and tries to show him up but always fails.

Reply #810912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthworld's part of the problems we all know. Between the 2 of them the hoops would be a lot better off with neither here.

Reply #810915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its the idiot that keeps bagging them for no reason that is the problem.

Reply #810917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes perthworld

Reply #810920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh boy the trifecta of D2.0, Perthworld and Koberulz.
The anon trolling those three is just as sad as them if not worse.

Can't believe I'm going to say this but Koberulz is ok. The other two are obviously gronks.

Reply #810922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The three off them are fine, read what you want and ignore the rest.

Reply #810927 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Can't wait until school holidays are over so we get rid of these anonymous personal attacks.

Reply #810930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You'd be surprised at the age of the guy doing the anonymous bullying!

Reply #810931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok I will bite how old is this person?

Reply #810932 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Oh boy the trifecta of D2.0, Perthworld and Koberulz

It's a sad reflection on our education system, when anonytrolls don't see the irony in attacking people just because they choose to use an identifying username.

Reply #810933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind Blanchfield at Perth tbh the guy is only 28/29 and might thrive in new environment.
Provided he isn't asking for big money.
Perth will need that for their bigs.

Reply #810935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many new environments does that spud need to shine?

Reply #810938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthwordd asking questions as an anonymous. Not unusual.

Reply #810939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you're meaning Blanchfield think about some of the crap teams/coaches he has played for.
Perth will probably go an import small forward anyway.

Reply #810940 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

You'd be surprised at the age of the guy doing the anonymous bullying!

In this case school holidays aren't the problem - he would qualify for the age pension by now!

Reply #810943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mangok mathiang has gone back to europe to play in Slovenia

Reply #810947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JUST TURN UP AND WATCH THE BEST TEAM GOING AROUND IN A LONG TIME

Citation needed.

Reply #810949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

European basketball sites have Angus glover signed with the kings mason peatling signed 2 yr deal DP first yr with United

Reply #811068 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

Blanchfield can't create his own shot unlike Clint Steindl. He won't be joining the Wildcats next season.

Reply #811073 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Confirmed that Kay will be replaced by an import.
So Perth are looking for local small forward and centre.

Reply #811075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glover gone, the new hawks not travelling to well early.

Reply #811079 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Confirmed that Kay will be replaced by an import.

If by "confirmed" you mean that The Worst has finally started reporting the bleeding obvious, instead of click-bait about Landale & Motum...

So Perth are looking for local small forward and centre.

Interesting that they claim Trev is still talking to Brandt. It would be awesome to get him back. With Jook as backup, that would cover the 5 spot nicely.

Ideally we'd hope Cotton gets naturalised and we can chase an import SF.
Otherwise yes, we're looking for a local 3 or 2/3.

Reply #811085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is kuminga a ns?

Reply #811111 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Is Brandt really that good, yeah his good games are really impressive but so often he isn't worth his minutes. Ideally a full season of Plumlee has far more intrigue than known quantities such as Brandt and Terrico.

I hope that we can find the best locals and maybe even a next star too would add further intrigue as would seeing what the young fellas do with their time on court.

Reply #811112 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

If Perth go for a local 3 man what names jump out other than Blanchfield?
Deng Adel likely to go Illawarra?

They could find another youngster and start Steindl.

People often talk about Cotton's citizenship but until that is actually confirmed Perth are looking for just one import.

Reply #811126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Matt Kenyon

Reply #811134 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Is Brandt really that good, yeah his good games are really impressive but so often he isn't worth his minutes. Ideally a full season of Plumlee has far more intrigue than known quantities such as Brandt and Terrico.

Having to replace Kay with an import, and being an import spot down, mens we're basically down TWO spots. We need a local centre. As such Brandt becomes a valuable commodity. There's continued speculation Reath wants to exit his Serbian contract, but otherwise we're looking at trying to recycle a Veteran , or pluck a young guy from obscurity.

If Perth go for a local 3 man what names jump out other than Blanchfield?
Deng Adel likely to go Illawarra?
They could find another youngster and start Steindl.

Depends on the direction Trev wants to go.
In the past he's been happy to play stretch-4s in the SF role, especially off the bench. But in recent seasons has pushed more towards a wing player with very good outside shooting.
The issue with a young guy is that they already have Lo Buluk, are looking to develop Travers, and probably another youngster as their next backup PG (Britt?)
I think there are other options, but things will become a lot clearer over the next week as free-agents are signed up.

Reply #811136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6'1 M.Norton/6’1 D.Martin
6’1 B.Cotton/6’5 W.Buluk
6’5 T.White//6’7 C.Steindl
6’10 B.Motum/6’8 J.Wagstaff
6’11 D.Reath or 6’10 A.Brandt/6’9 M.Majok
DP
6’7 L.Travers SF

Plumlee if cotton naturalises.

Reply #811139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D2.0 wring again
Brandt left Perth first time because Trev wanted him off the bench backing up an import 5. Brandt won't play for him again unless he gets marquee money. Which Perth already gave to cotton

Reply #811150 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

D2.0 wring again
Brandt left Perth first time because Trev wanted him off the bench backing up an import 5. Brandt won't play for him again unless he gets marquee money. Which Perth already gave to cotton

Anonytroll(s) just making shit up again.
Perth could never have had Brandt off the bench behind an import. They need their backup centre to be cheap and fit within the bench-cap, and that was never going to happen with Brandt.
Brandt was out of contract, and for the money he was being offered elsewhere, Trev thought he could do better with an import.
With Kay coming off a great season, and that extra import slot available, it was an option Trev wanted to explore.

But as I said, I found it "interesting" that they claimed Trev was still talking to him.
And as I also said, being a local makes Brandt a valuable commodity. He's made it clear he won't return to the NBL unless the money is right, but if he did there would be several teams interested. It would be good to have him back at the Cats, but there is no indication that's going to happen.

Reply #811153 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Brandt won't play for him again unless he gets marquee money. Which Perth already gave to cotton
This makes no sense.

Reply #811158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wrong again D2.0
It's not a bench cap , it’s for 5 players.
Read a book

Reply #811159 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

You can have more than one marquee.

Reply #811161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's Dazz Meh.

Reply #811180 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Wrong again D2.0
It's not a bench cap , it's for 5 players.

In future when you post, right under where it says "Reply to this topic", there is an empty white box.
If you could please remember to type in "Cretin", that would really help the rest of us keep track.

Reply #811352 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Dazz, shut the fuck up.

Reply #811356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brandt left Perth first time because Trev wanted him off the bench backing up an import 5

Absolute rubbish.

Reply #811372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

John Roberson signed in Spain. SEM need a point guard.

Reply #811434 | Report this post

Wilbur  
Years ago

Perth wildcats have been very quiet compared to other teams.

Reply #811754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEM also need a new GM

Reply #811755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

[Perth wildcats have been very quiet compared to other teams.]

Wonder why they couldn't land any college guys or big fish?
I'm sure D2.0 will give us his "expert" opinion.

Reply #811756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are more than five players available for then to sign.

They already have two young up and comers in Wani and Travers (and Travers is tipped to be better than them all) so they just need a couple of pieces to complete their roster.

Reply #811759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth need a next star.

Reply #811760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"SEM also need a new GM" Where's Tommy gone?

Reply #811762 | Report this post

Wilbur  
Years ago

Taylor Britt will be an NBL legend. Travers, Wani, Cotton, Wagstaff, Martin.

That's 6 signed. Need 4 more. 2 will be imports. 2 will be Aussies. Either Goulding or Blanchfield.

Reply #811774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks sign Deng deng, have they signed deng Adel as well ?

Reply #811781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i wouldnt be surprise Deng Adel was false along and it was deng deng

Reply #811783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's left and who gets a spot. Cairns very quiet, most other sides taken shape.

Reply #813520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if Oliver doesn't return can u see Nate and aj sharing the centre position

Reply #813523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have seen on some websites that rob loe was playing in japan so maybe pledger could go home to the breakers

Reply #813524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai confirmed for two more seasons at Cairns. Good signing on last seasons form.

Reply #813970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns should get a local Centre and keep Newbill.

Realistically they can't afford Oliver if he’s getting Euroleague offers and there are more local Centres available than wings.

Even Pledger splitting minutes at the 5 with Jawai would be fine

Reply #813993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smith-Milner would be a good back up 4-5 at Cairns.

Reply #813994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ogilvy to cairns perhaps.

Reply #813996 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Smith Milner would be a good backup to a backup .

Reply #813997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats a local centre?

Reply #813998 | Report this post

GordonG47  
Years ago

Jarrod Kenny brings his mullet back to Cairns.

Reply #814259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Missed out on this season... hopefully we see them soon.

Mathiang
Motum
Fotu
Reath
Salt
Kay

Still possible... for nbl

Bolden
Landale
Maker
Mcdowell-White
Brandt

Reply #814260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a point?

Reply #814262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would have been much deeper rosters and overall better quality league.

Several teams scrapping for nbl1 level players to fill local. Spots.

Reply #814263 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

With reduced salaries bench positions aren't that appealing to some players.

As for a majority of those listed by #260 You can't miss what you didn't have.

Reply #814265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i saw that Jesse hunt 6 7 and Andrew Ferguson 7ft r both in the country, are they good enough to get jobs in the nbl

Reply #814296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #814297 | Report this post

Wilbur  
Years ago

Perth Wildcats after going to sign William McDowell-White

Reply #814343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin white signed blurrr

Reply #814349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not many local spots left, most teams done.

Which teams still need local and imports ?

Reply #815253 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

As per nbl.com.au/teams/

Adel have 10 all locals
Bris Have 10 all locals
Cair have 8 all locals
Hawk have 8 + 1 import
Mu have 10 + 1 import (????? a NS in there, maybe)
NZ have 9 + 1 import
Pert have 8 + Cotton(import?)
SEM have 8 all locals
King have 7 all locals

Reply #815255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather signed at Eilat in Israel top division, he must have known this before being released by United.

Reply #816015 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:48 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754