m dizzle
Years ago

Darko Milicic - is he ready?

Does anyone think Darko is ready to step into the pistons rotation on a regular basis? It's difficult to justify him as the 2nd overall pick but i do think he has alot of potential. He's been performing well in preseason...today he got 10 points, 5 boards, and 6 blocks in 21 mins.

Your thoughts?

Topic #4739 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Oh no, not another Darko fanatic. You need to register your protest vote to the Pistons' coaches at:

http://www.freedarko.blogspot.com/

Reply #54667 | Report this post

Froggy  
Years ago

He'll be a 15 - 20 min a game player this season he is ready now. He is justified at no 2, as he is only 21 or 22 still. A high draft pick doesnt mean you have to perform straight away or you are crap, especially at the age he was drafted. When you are drafted high out of college you are expected to play big minutes from the bench or even start in a crap team but not when drafted at 18. He'll end up a great player.

Reply #54668 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Darko fanatic? just because i'm not a darko hater doesnt mean im a fanatic. I personally think he did not deserve minutes his previous 2 seasons in the league with the team he's playing in. However i do think he's ready to step it up a notch into a solid role player in the future.

Reply #54686 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

the kid hasnt been given a chance to show what he can do ... pretty harsh to put him down when he hasnt been given a chance ...

Reply #54689 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Darko will only get 8-10 mins a game if he's lucky. He'll get some minutes early in the season, but with the addition of Dale Davis, he's just been knocked down the pecking order another notch.

When the kid get's minutes he seems to produce. No rookie or young player is going to crack a rotation of Big Ben, Sheed, Dice and Prince for decent minutes.

It all comes down to opportunity. Joe D could of taken Flash, Carmelo or Bosh with that pick and another team could of grabbed Darko and given him 25-30 mins a game. Anyone wanna bet the player taken by the Pistons with that second pick would of gotten more mins than Darko got and been as sucessful on that team compared to their current team.

Reply #54730 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

In Motown last night, Darko went 0-5 from the floor in Detroit's win over Minnesota, but he managed to go 10-12 from the line, grab five boards and swat six shots.

Aaah, the preseason.

Reply #54761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just saw the MASSIVE throwdown Darko did today against the Mavs on Sportscenter. He is ready imo

Reply #55077 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Ummmm, he might be able to play. Nice dunk! Check it out here .....

http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=151R0SBoXSR052MIKPL11S83KA

Reply #55139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if detroit picked up wade, bosh or melo they'd be way over the salary cap limit, thats probabaly why they chose milicic, i believt that now he should be able to rotate with prince, rasheed etc

Reply #56496 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

How do you figure that? 1st round draft picks have a set salary depending on the position they got picked!

Reply #56511 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Dumb comment anon. Over the salary cap with players on rookie contract... um no.

They may have had trouble shortly (as in this season,looks like Melo will demand max, LeBron is a lock for max, Wade will get max, and Bosh could get max), but at the time of drafting salary cap issues don't really come into thinking.

If the Pistons had draft one of these players and they performed as well with the Pistons (which I don't think they would of given the opportunities)and demanded the money they want from their current team then they may of had trouble retaining Price or the player. That's about all.

I'm seeing the majority of the season Darko will still picking splinters from his b-hind. They will increase but nothing more than a min or two. Maxiell is also on board and if he outplays Darko in practice could take those minimal Darko minutes away from him

Reply #56530 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:10 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754