Grovermister
Years ago

Simmons to PF

Saw an article the 6ers trying simmons at PF... what do people think of this?

Will it work or fail?

Topic #47394 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smart move, can't have a point guard that can’t score from outside.

Reply #811499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depends on how Milton goes.

Horford moving to backup c is pretty crazy

Reply #811500 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Am guessing this means Horford will continue to come off the bench? Potentially moving Simmons to PG only when Horford is on the floor with Embidd?

Reply #811501 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

From the little I have seen, one of his values is his versatility, but I've always thought of him more as a versatile big.

Gees, still gripes my ass we couldn't get him to play the WC.

Reply #811547 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

It should be interesting to see. To me most of the things he does at an elite/NBA level involve him having the ball in his hands, so taking him off the ball and presumably using him as a roll man and someone to snag rebounds and start the break... I can see his numbers falling off a cliff. If he stubbornly refuses to shoot the 3 ball and keep his defenders from just sagging way off and ruining their court spacing though, don't see what other option they have either.

Reply #811552 | Report this post

Tjamu  
Years ago

Makes sense, its his position and always has been. he was never a PG, Brown just wanted to revolutionise, which you have to also respect.

Hes a Blake Griffin with speed.

This is not an issue or an insult to him at all, just means their offense can now flow and be harder to guard with another shooter on the floor.

Reply #811555 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

Smoke and Mirrors here.

Holford, Embiid and Simmons wasn't working in the same line up.

Holford will come off the bench and the three will form a 3 bigs rotation like the Pistons three guard rotation with Thomas, Dumars and Johnson.

Simmons instead of guarding a 1 or 2 will now start guarding a big.

Offensively, Simmons might change a bit and maybe a little more pick and rolls, hand offs and post ups.

Meltons shooting will spread the defense and Simmons can play more like the Greek freak.

Reply #811669 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

"Blake Griffin with speed"

oh boy..

Reply #811675 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:38 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754