BeeGee
Years ago

Bullets Sign Tanner Krebs

The Brisbane Bullets have secured the signature of one of Australia's most promising young players with Tanner Krebs joining the club on a two-year deal.

Krebs, originally from Tasmania, has spent the past four seasons playing college basketball with the Saint Mary’s Gaels and has represented Australia at numerous levels in his junior career.

The 24-year-old started in all 33 games he played for Saint Mary’s in the 2019/20 season, averaging 30.1 minutes per game and scoring 9.1 points per game, the third highest on the team. He leaves the Gaels tied for second on the school’s all-time games played list (135) and fifth on the school’s all-time three-pointers made list (198).

Krebs also played for Australia at the 2015 FIBA U19 World Championships, 2014 FIBA U19 Oceania Championships and the 2013 FIBA Oceania Pacific U18 Championships.

Bullets Head Coach Andrej Lemanis said: "I have always been a fan of Tanner’s game ever since I worked with him at the Basketball Australia Centre of Excellence.

“It’s been a pleasure following his growth at Saint Mary’s and I’m pleased that he has chosen to start his professional career with us.

“The way Tanner plays the game and his work ethic fit nicely with who we are as a team. Tanner has a tremendous desire to get better and I know he will give his all for the team - whether that be in practice, in games, in the locker room or making a positive difference in the community.

“He is an exciting addition for the Club. I look forward to him joining us soon and beginning the next stage in his basketball career together."

Krebs said: “The reason I chose Brisbane was because I like the organisation and I like the people in charge.

“I have a really good relationship with Drej, I have known him since I was at the AIS. We have built a relationship over the years, so I felt comfortable going into the team with him coaching.

“I felt like Brisbane gave me the best opportunity to play and have an impact immediately.

Topic #47403 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Championship

Reply #811696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane won't make finals unless get star import, to many players of the same ilk.

Reply #811698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets-Lemanis

6'3 N.Sobey/6’1 J.Cadee/6’0 T.Wigness(NS)?
6’6 A.Drmic/6’6 T.Krebs
6’5 L.Patterson(I)/SF
6’10 W.Magnay/6’11 H.Froling
6’11 M.Hodgson/7’0 T.Harrison

DP
6’6 K.Dennis SG
6’7 C.Goldfinch SF
6’9 C.Dalton PF

If Wigness signs not as a NS, then the roster is complete.

Reply #811699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best scenario

6'3 N.Sobey/6'1 J.Cadee/6’0 T.Wigness(NS)
(I)/6’6 T.Krebs
6’5 L.Patterson(I)/6’6 A.Drmic
6’10 W.Magnay/6’11 H.Froling
6’11 M.Hodgson/7’0 T.Harrison

Import 1 or 2. Sobey playing 1 or 2.

Reply #811701 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Sounds like a villain in a spaghetti western.

Reply #811710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets aren't a serious threat if they’re relying on Sobey at point.

Reply #811712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saying it's a stepping stone to the nba, is he that good.

Reply #811713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With that ex-36er quartet the Bullets guaranteed most technicals in the league this year

Reply #811715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McVeigh and Froling also said it's a steroid the nba.

Reply #811716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McVeigh , Froling , Drmic , Hodgson and Sobey would could possibly go wrong. Lemanis will be in for a busy year.

Reply #811717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McVeigh???

Reply #811718 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

A nice rookie crop with Vasilijevic, White, Krebs with Peatling and Galloway as DP.

Reply #811720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

St Marys again. Krebs can play. Hopefully on a Tassie side next season.

Reply #811724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those interested, it's a team option for the second year.

Reply #811727 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Wow, its a very impressive crop of young Aussies coming home to the NBL for next season!
Does that reflect uncertainty around the lower Euro & Asian leagues? Guys who might otherwise play Polish 2nd div, opting for the security of the NBL?

Reply #811729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

White went to Duke, that's impressive, the rest lesser type div one colleges, yes occasionally you can get a star out of these colleges, not regularly though. Time will tell, I would not be judging to early even if they think there nba material.

Reply #811737 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

For those old timers playing at home, would that be the son of one Dan Krebs?

Reply #811810 | Report this post

ushiro  
Years ago

According to Wikipedia - yes

Reply #811817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Gus. Dan's in Qld now last i heard. Tanner is still keen to get back to Tassie and play. 2 years on his current contract means it will give the new side to seetle in and perhaps once year later come back. Hope everything is well in WA. We know each other

Reply #811826 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:09 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754