BeeGee
Years ago

Keanu Pinder Signs With 36ers

The Adelaide 36ers have announced the signing of Australian power forward Keanu Pinder on a one-year deal.

Pinder has been plying his trade in Poland for the past two seasons following a Collegiate career at the highly regarded University of Arizona.

Last season in Poland, Pinder averaged 7.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game. He'll join a stacked Sixers front court that including Daniel Johnson, Obi Kyei and new signing Isaac Humphries.

Pinder said he was excited to work under new head coach Conner Henry in NBL21.

"I feel like I am going to be able to shine under Coach Conner. I know that Adelaide will be a great fit for me with the coaching staff and my new teammates. I can't wait to come and grind with this team!" Keanu said.

Henry pointed to Pinder's motor and athletic ability as key attributes for the 25 year-old.

“Keanu’s athleticism and energy are two things that our roster has been lacking, and it’s going to be exciting to see him grow as a player. He has only scratched the surface, and we think he is going to be a great addition to our big men of Daniel Johnson and Isaac Humphries. Welcome to the club, Keanu!” Coach Henry concluded.

36ers Chairman Grant Kelley said, “Keanu Pinder was a highly sought-after player in free agency, and we are thrilled he chose to join the 36ers. Together with Daniel Johnson and Isaac Humphries he will bring great athleticism and competitiveness to our team, and strengthen our offensive capability, which we promised our fans would be a priority for the upcoming season.”

Keanu is the son of former NBL player Kendal 'Tiny' Pinder who played 220 games in his career with the Sydney Supersonics, Perth Wildcats and Illawarra Hawks.

The Adelaide 36ers roster for NBL21 now includes Pinder, Isaac Humphries, Josh Giddey, Daniel Dillon, Brendan Teys, Obi Kyei, Daniel Johnson, Alex Mudronja and Jack McVeigh.

Topic #47407 | Report this topic