Manly Man
Years ago

Waratah restarts today

Finally some competitions start ...
Any thoughts?

Topic #47412 | Report this topic

Duke Fan  
Years ago

I just hope BNSW have edited the COVID safe guidelines they put out that were saying there would be a limit of "2 participants per spectator" or there might not be enough room on the bench

Reply #812047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there anywhere you can find team lists or game previews? Does anyone know if these games will be live streamed?

Reply #812049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bnsw, you will get live stats. I would not hold my breath for anything else.

Reply #812051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hills is live streaming their games.

Truthfully Hills should take over BNSW.

Reply #812056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're kidding to the above comment. Lmao

Reply #812092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't do worse than the current mob. Especially when they are run by a Kerry Chikarovski wannabe

Reply #812095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Hills and Commets didn't enter teams.

Reply #812106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Comets,COE and Penrith did not enter teams.

Thats why there is quite a bit of player and coach movement especially for some chasing money(Inner West Bulls) players and coach who is more than likely trying to get a foot inthe door with the Kings.

Reply #812121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are the favourites for this comp?

Reply #812131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North's, Sutherland and Central Coast.

Reply #812148 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

I would have said Norths too until they went down to Newcastle last night. But they're a strong group that will be up there. Central Coast are definitely favourites as their roster is certainly the most settled with Reuter backing up and the local guys (Robilliard mafia) who have all played together since they were like 5 years old haha

Sutherland may surprise if Hutchison keeps delivering like last night. His time as a Kings DP seems to have given him a lot of confidence and with 7' shotblocker Liam Thomas anchoring the D they'll be hard to play. I thought Inner West with Moller and Kickert would get them easily but it didn't happen

Manly with the White brothers joined by Faithfull will also be in the mix

Newcastle have some good local talent and a coaching legend in charge and will always be tough to beat

Bankstown, Hills and Maitland will spring a surprise every now and again but I can't see them threatening the top teams. Gunners I know nothing about

Reply #812150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Inner West doesn't have any guards, strange choice of kings players if you can’t get them the ball. Manly should be good. A four of north’s, manly, CC and probably Sutherland.
Thomas is not 7’, what he has is super long arm span though.

Reply #812154 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Close enough to 7' in shoes as to not make that much difference. In the NBA they'd list him as 7'2 haha. I've known him since he was 11

Reply #812161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norths appear to be cocky with Tom Garlepp telling people no teams will come within 15 points of them.

What happen last night Tom-Newcastle win.

Reply #812168 | Report this post

Coachgirl  
Years ago

Re Norths v Newcastle.. either a fitness issue, with last qtr going to the Hunters 32-8... or it took them a while to get used to each other. Each game will be interesting, teams all a bit unsettled, with so many changes from the start of the year. Just hope the league is able to continue.

Reply #812208 | Report this post

anon13  
Years ago

A lot of team changes, if the players that joined in now that would normally play elsewhere stay in NSW for the waratah league, NBL1East will be a decent comp.

They really need to improve the streaming and quality of the streaming and broadcasting. I tried to watch a few games they were too zoomed out or too low quality and didn't have a score bar on the bottom to keep track properly.

A lot of NBL guys and D1 college guys suiting up this season, what is interesting is did these guys get clearances as I always thought there was some kind of limit on certain level of players (NBL)?

Also what about Inner West basically being a re-badged Sydney Comets

Reply #812244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Commets had a few guards that were reliable, west struggled getting at that kings dp bloke. Live stream of that game was very good, I switched around a bit and yes some others need to imptove.

Reply #812245 | Report this post

anon 13  
Years ago

Interesting to see a team that looked strong on paper like the Bulls lose to Sutherland, saw bits of the game they let the Kings DP too many easy drives and looks

Hunters look dangerous with Maker and Foy in the mix and finish well,

Norths are decent but like said above looking like fitness issues - especially with short season they might get burned for it,

Hills look to be struggling heavily on defence 50 plus points loss to CoE then they come back to lose by nearly 20 to Central Coast

Manly struggled with pressure defence from Maitland who will probably steal a few games because of it but most likely will not finish in the top 4

Bankstown added a few pieces but still struggling heavily kinda like Hills 2 20 point losses

Will be an interesting comp hopefully it stays this way or gets stronger when the rebranding to NBL1 East occurs

Reply #812269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought Cherry was impressive defensively too for the Hunters. Gutsy turn around to win from 23 down

Reply #812314 | Report this post

Coachgirl  
Years ago

Its great to see some teams being able to play and all of the clubs seem to be implementing some sort of live stream, which makes up for some of the disappointment about fans/juniors etc not being able to attend.

It will be interesting to see how BNSW deal with the Bankstown and Sutherland teams in weeks to come, if the outbreak in South West Sydney isnt contained. I hope there is some flexibility and that some games are allowed to continue, but given that BNSW regularly disregard any concerns from outside the Metro comp, i am not convinced. Their "offering" of only one weekend of junior basketball for the Country teams and 10 weeks for the Metro teams is disgraceful. I suspect if community sport is limited anywhere in Sydney, they will call it all off.

Reply #813197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coverage out of manly is woeful, Waratah in nbl1. Lmao

Reply #813215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was watching game and the coverage was poor but good standard game, watching the stats as well, they were making it up re who was scoring, evoff the free throw line they got the two kings guys wrong. Good to watch a competitive game again though.

Reply #813220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickett has pulled out with ankle injury, not returning. Kings DP from last season playing very well for Sutherland, can't believe he hasn’t got a chance on an nbl roster. Top scorers and rebounders.

Hutchison 23.75 and 8.0 kings dp
Moller. 20.5 and 14.75 kings player
Hunter 19.5 and 13.25 kings player.

It’s actually been quite a reasonable competition and most clubs streaming it.

Reply #814754 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:30 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754