Andrew
Years ago

Wildcats sign Todd Blanchfield

The Perth Wildcats are excited to announce the signing of Australian wing Todd Blanchfield to a two-year contract.

At 200cm and 95kg, Blanchfield is a versatile, dynamic scorer with the ability to get hot from beyond-the-arc.

The 28-year-old said he's thrilled to be joining the reigning NBL Champions.

"It’s obviously a really good group of guys and the organisation is top notch, as good as you’re going to get in the NBL, so it’s pretty cool to be a part of that," said Blanchfield.

“Everyone wants to achieve a championship in their career, and that’s what I’m chasing, and Perth have done that quite a lot in the last few years!

“On the court, I like to shoot the ball, I’ve obviously become known as a three-point shooter, but I also like to put some heat on the rim. Defensively, I like to be vocal and loud so my teammates know I’ve got their back.

“I’m only 28, so everyday I’m looking to get better and improve in some way, and ultimately push for that championship. I just want to come in and do what I need to do to help this team push for that.”

While playing for the Illawarra Hawks over the last two NBL seasons, Blanchfield has averaged 13.6 points per game at 44.9% from the field, plus 4.1 rebounds, 1.6 assists and 0.9 steals.

On New Year’s Day this year, he piled on a career-high 35 points on the back of seven triples against the Adelaide 36ers.

Wildcats coach Trevor Gleeson said adding quality local talent is crucial this season.

“Todd is versatile, he’s long and athletic, he can score inside and out and he’s a good rebounder. He has a lot of strings to his bow and we really think he’s going to flourish in our system, particularly with playing alongside Bryce Cotton,” he said.

“I don’t believe he’s reached his full potential yet, and now that’s our job as a coaching staff for the next two years to make sure he gets there. There’s a big upside with Todd, he’s already a very good player in the NBL, but we can turn him into an exceptional player.

“We think we’ve got the right guy to fill that wing position.”

Todd Blanchfield is from Mackay, Queensland, and he began his NBL journey for the Townsville Crocodiles in 2009 as a 17-year-old, where he remained for six seasons.

In 2015 he was signed by Melbourne United for two seasons before he made a one-year stop at the Sydney Kings on his way to the Hawks.

Despite his age, he incredibly has 283 games of NBL experience under his belt.

On the international stage, Blanchfield was a part of the Australian Boomers Gold Medal-winning side at the 2017 FIBA Asia Cup.

He was also featured on the national team for the recent FIBA Asia Cup Qualifiers.

Todd Blanchfield joins Bryce Cotton, Mitch Norton, Jesse Wagstaff, Clint Steindl, Majok Majok, Wani Swaka Lo Buluk and Luke Travers (DP) on the Perth Wildcats 2020/21 playing roster.

Topic #47423 | Report this topic

Webcam Luke  
Years ago

Great signing.

Reply #812331 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

A decent signing hopefully TB can raise his game.

Who would start TB or Steindl?

Reply #812332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

me

Reply #812333 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

If he's going to step up his game, it will be with Perth.
Decent signing, tons of experience yet still only 28.
He has been a passenger for the most part since leaving the Crocs but still capable of burning trams from outside if not respected and more than capable of finishing at the rim.

Reply #812335 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Teams > Trams

Reply #812337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One player to go. Solid experienced side put together Perth.

Reply #812338 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

I'd still say Clint ....however it is probably line ball.

The most important thing is to make sure Bryce is surrounded by shooting and then you can pick your poison.

Reply #812339 | Report this post

Webcam Luke  
Years ago

Blanchfield will start. Clint with about 18-20 MPG off the bench. Similar to how he was used with Terrico.

Reply #812343 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Would also start Blanchfield. Steindl is a great offensive weapon in the second unit.

Reply #812345 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Wow, Perth signed a local 2/3, who'd a thunk it.

I'd guessing this means they have no inside gos on Cotton's naturalisation. They can take it s and when it comes, and if it happens within the season then they have an import slot up their sleeve for injuries.

Keep in mind that Damo is till uncertain, we don't know yet the nature of the (import) PF, and still need that local Centre.

I was a little surprised by Blanchfield, except that Trev says he still has plenty of upside which is what Trev was looking for.

Good to have experience, considering Wani is still young, and there will always be games where somebody gets injured or into foul trouble. There will be a few minutes when we have both Blanch & Steindl on court, with Cotton either resting, injured, or running Point.

As for who starts, I guess we wait and see who has the early form come pre-season. But I also think Steindl is at his best when he comes off the bench as an impact scorer.

Hoping he thrives at the Cats

Reply #812350 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Welcome Vinnie, it's not inconceivable that he could play 10 seasons for the cats considering his shooting prowess stays the same. I think he is a brilliant get for Perth.

As for who starts, valid points above for sure but why not start Steindl and see how good he is with that responsibility and besides we haven't really seen how hungry Todd has been in fighting for court time outside of maybe Boomers so if it brings out the best in Todd then perfect and if Clint ultimately goes back to the bench due to being a better spark off the bench then no harm done and you rewarded the man that has been pretty bloody massive in stages of the last couple of playoffs.

I do really like how Townsville this team is as it does bring a sense of familiarity amongst some of the squad and obviously they get along otherwise that would have been brought up by Steindl, Norton and Kay at some stage this year.

As for what we are missing, I can't help but feel that with Blanchfield's extra perimeter game that Plumlee would be a major asset to this squad of players, would anybody else like to see him return?

Reply #812355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blanchfield is 29 going off wiki. Birthday nine days ago.

Reply #812357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw someone posting previously that statistically Blanchfields detailed stats showed him better than Terrico last year. Its all about how your coached and the team around you.

You wander for example had Cam Gliddon come to Perth would he have had those two dreadful years in Brisbane.

If Todd stays healthy this could be his chance to really go the next level.

Reply #812358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Meh signing.
Perth missed out on all the big fish they were hoping for. No Adel, no Goulding, no Dech, no college kids. Had to do deep down the list

Reply #812363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No Adel, no Goulding, no Dech"

Which of those guys is a power forward?

Reply #812366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

None of those guys, what's your point though, Blanchfield certainly not a power forward.

Reply #812370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha you saying Blanchfield is a PF? Stupid

Reply #812371 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Dech is overrated.

Reply #812373 | Report this post

Webcam Luke  
Years ago

We have got a baller in Todd.

This buys us time on Cotton's citizenship. If Cotton receives citizenship, Perth will have a chance to add two imports. One of the imports will need to be a scorer, the other would be a luxury. Imagine if Perth sign two scoring imports to compliment Cotton, Blanchfield and Steindl... watch out league.

Not only this, but it gives Perth a very reliable 3 man and a complimentary 2nd/3rd scorer. 28 year old Blanchfield may be pick of free agency. Just because other players are signed before him, it doesn't mean that we are getting scraps. Plenty of clubs would have been happy with his signature.

Reply #812377 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

There is no proof that the Cats were chasing any of those guys and to call any of them "Big Fish" is a stretch.

Goulding was the only proven quality player and it would of been a long shot to get him away from Melbourne

Reply #812379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last season i was impressed with Blanchfields uncanny ability to get the one handed floater in the key to go in. Was super reliable. In the cats he wont be the number one defensive target for oppositions and could suprise many.

Reply #812380 | Report this post

Webcam Luke  
Years ago

'I saw someone posting previously that statistically Blanchfields detailed stats showed him better than Terrico last year. Its all about how your coached and the team around you.'

I am assuming this is the article you're referencing?

https://www.thecoolcatscorner.com/post/todd-blanchfield-for-terrico-white-a-look-at-the-numbers

Reply #812381 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Perth were allegedly after Dech (overrated),
Goulding ( a long shot)
Vasilijevic ( unproven as a pro)
Mathiang ( gone to Slovenia)

Doesn't matter really needed a small forward and got a good one in Blanchfield.

Reply #812385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No I wasn't calling Blanchfield a PF. I’m saying they’ve said from the moment Kay opted out that they’d be spending big on his replacement. Now of those three guys you listed, two would command a decent salary but aren’t PF’s, and the Cats already have the guard positions locked up, so there is no way they were ever seriously planning on chasing Adel, Goulding or Dech.

Stupid.

Reply #812387 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

I'm not ecstatic about this signing, but Trev knows what he is doing and will integrate him into the system. He's going to be a systems guy, never the star he promised to be back in Townsville.

Reply #812391 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

On the plus side, the Cats will not be relying on Blanchfield to score consistently. At United I thought maybe he was just being underutilized, but watching him in Sydney and the Hawks... Good for a couple of big games a year, sandwiched between a whole bunch of bad/frustrating ones.

Reply #812408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's an astute signing, plays well as third, fourth cab, being behind Cotton, an import, Steindl and not the main man will suit him nicely.

Reply #812416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#358 - "You wander for example had Cam Gliddon come to Perth would he have had those two dreadful years in Brisbane."
You realise his first year at Bullets was a career high year in scoring right?

Reply #812423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a number 3 option, great signing. Let's not forget Terrico sacrificed so cotton coukd be cotton

Reply #812424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gliddon asked to be releasd from his contract - yeah that all worked out well.

Reply #812428 | Report this post

Buckshot  
Years ago

Back in Townsville, I always thought Blanchfield was a much better scoring option than Steindl- too many missed threes. Will be interesting to see who's the starter and how both are used

Reply #812450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrico didn't sacrifice. He just deferred to everyone else because he lost interest every second game.

Reply #812454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Atleast we don't have to listen to Terrico’s interviews anymore. Couldn’t understand a thing the bloke said!!

Reply #812474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth Wildcats-Gleeson

6'1 M.Norton/6’1 D.Martin
6’1 B.Cotton/6’5 W.Buluk
6’7 T.Blanchfield/6’7 C.Steindl
(I)/6’8 J.Wagstaff
6’11 D.Reath/6’9 M.Majok

DP
6’7 L.Travers SF

Or Motum plus import centre...

Reply #812486 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Sorry, sometimes the penny is a bit slow to drop...
Rook me a while to realise that Trev would have recruited Blanch to the Crocs. Presumably he feels he can get the best out of Todd.

And no, its not an earth-shattering signing, but as others have said, what were the options.
We needed a PG, a wing, PF, and Centre. With one import slot available, hopefully Damo returning, maybe Cotton naturalising, and maybe Reath getting out of his contract, whilst praying Kay wouldn't go to Europe.
At some point, you have to start making decisions. As fans we can all hope and wish that everything magically falls into place, but the club has to make difficult rational decisions. You can't build a season on what-ifs. It's possible that once the Kay domino fell, the wrong way, the Cats decided they had to move, and this was the easiest box to tick.

Reply #812488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Todd Blanchfield would be up there as one of the most underrated in the league. He's a versatile player who can do more than just shoot. He can get to the rim and defends well. When he's on, he can turn the game on his head. Much more rounded player than Steindl, who is just a shooter, no more.

Reply #812497 | Report this post

Gay Rordon  
Years ago

lotta moving from city to city the past 2-3 years Toddy. If you'd only move half as much on D and hustling to get around picks you wouldn't be half bad!

This man tryna collect all team jerseys Ben Knight/ Matt Shanahan style.

Reply #812567 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Solid bit of business. Blanchfield has a lot to offer and seems like he could be a good culture fit to help keep the nucleus of the Wildcats going.

Reply #812575 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The guy that wanted out of his Kings contract because he wasn't willing to accept a role off the bench?

Reply #812593 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Look I'm never going to look down on a guy that wants out of a Kings contract.

Reply #812594 | Report this post

Gay Rordon  
Years ago

AngusH, exactly!

Running back to the "coach who first gave me a go", in other words, will tolerate my style of play.

The guy is a serviceable journeyman but underrated is a bit much. If anything, he's way overrated, and mostly by his own personal opinion.

Reply #812595 | Report this post

Wilbur  
Years ago

Todd sees the light and knows his career will finish in 4 years time. He want a championship. That's why he joined Perth.

Reply #812598 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Todd Blanchfield would be up there as one of the most underrated in the league. He's a versatile player who can do more than just shoot. He can get to the rim and defends well. When he's on, he can turn the game on his head. Much more rounded player than Steindl, who is just a shooter, no more.

When I think of Todd I mostly think unfulfilled potential.
I don't think many people would dispute his talent, but he has yet to consistently deliver on it.
Happy to have him in Perth, but keeping a lid on my expectations.

Reply #812599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he wanted out of his Kings contract because they were a horrible team with an even worse coach.

Reply #812604 | Report this post

Gay Rordon  
Years ago

That makes no sense. They overhauled the roster and replaced Gaze with Weaver.

As per all the reports, even Bogut having a little dig at him, Blanchfield clearly expressed he wanted "more opportunity" than what was on offer for the Kings who had very clearly upgraded and were gunning for "title or bust" for NBL20.

Blanchfield opted for big fish/small pond in the Gong instead. It's a very apt metaphor for just how he is as a player/persona.

Same thing with the constant bitching the 1st Kings season about "playing out of position" when Gaze had him spell the 4 spot a few minutes here and there.

Geez can you imagine..being 201 cms and being asked to go in and grab some boards and take some contact inside for 6-8 minutes per game...I know! I'll opt out..

Reply #812605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"That makes no sense. They overhauled the roster and replaced Gaze with Weaver."

He left the season before Gaze was replaced. Good story though.

Reply #812606 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I'm warming to it.
Especially now understanding that Damo was going.
1) We need to somehow cover the PG slot. Whether that's Norton and a kid, or a veteran or an import or sliding Cotton to the point, there's a hole there around the 1/2.
2) We needed a SF or 2/3
3) A Starting PF
4) A Centre.

We lost Kay, and with Damo retiring, we start running out of options, not enough import slots to go round, so obviously we have to either promote or chase local talent.

I'd say roughly you've got four pools:
1) Kids turning pro (we already have Wani, Travers, and may well bring back Britt.)
2) Guys returning from College. We appear to have a nice crop joining the league this year, and best of luck to them, but not sure sny fitted the bill. I think Vasiljevic would have been an interesting young prospect, but that would have locked us in to starting Steindl at the 3.
3) Expast coming off contract in either Europe or US. I can't think of any that were realistically on our radar for this role.
4) The local Free-Agent pool. Yes there's been a lot of buzz around, but not a lot of quality. Drmic probably the best available talent in this category, but who knows whats doing on there and it seems he was always headed to Brisbane. If Trev & co can get him firing, Blanch could be a good pickup. And hopefully he hasn't broken the bank, so we have some serious cash available for a guh import.

Reply #812622 | Report this post

Mobbin  
Years ago

Hopefully get the one good covid19 season out of him, then when 3 imports are allowed again he becomes a bonus bench vet

Reply #812637 | Report this post

Gay Rordon  
Years ago

812606 errr mate...he wanted out that off season knowing Gaze was leaving and some big names (Bogut, Ware, similar etc) were coming.

He could smell dem bench minutes or that he would actually have to fight Newley and whoever else for minutes...which prompted him to be asked to be released.

Reply #812644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Errr....Ware came a season after he left too. You're not very good at making points.

Reply #812654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe could get Kenny back to Perth.

Reply #812655 | Report this post

Gay Rordon  
Years ago

-He was signed for 17/18 and 18/19

-Bogut signed 22 April 2018

-Blanchfield sought a release a couple of weeks' later (8 May 2018) 5 months before season starts

-Bogut threw digs at people that wanted to leave because they weren't prepared to accept a lesser role and/or have to "earn" guaranteed minutes

-Newley was signed for 18/19. In 17/18, he took ol' Todd's preferred 3 spot the season prior, causing Gaze to play Todd at 4 at times. Lots of bitching and excuses.

-Dude left a team that eventually went to the semis, to rack up stats for a 12-16 Hawks team.

Real character, "locker room" guy.

Get it now?

Reply #812687 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Lol.

Reply #812688 | Report this post

Gay Rordon  
Years ago

and now...he's "choosing" to re-locate 3,900 kms citing "championship" aspirations when really he's basically saying, "Trev likes me. I'mma play for Trev. I know I should theoretically be in the rotation and get minutes, since I'm a Trev guy from way back".

This is even with perhaps the greatest coach in the L's history "taking over" at the helm of the club you were "kinda" contracted to (I get he's technically not).

So Option Goorj means busting your butt and perhaps fulfilling whatever "unfulfilled potential" people think you have (not me, I don't rate him).

Option Trev means, "play, get buckets, keep getting 1-2 year contracts and get paid".

Locker room guy. Several articles floating around as well where he cites Wollongong being "laid back" etc as being "less pressure/stress" than Sydney.

Dude's a baller. As long as it's his ball, his court, his rules, his preferred coach. Good get.

Reply #812690 | Report this post

Gay Rordon  
Years ago

I'll bet right now, Gleeson is contracted for 21/22 right? If for any reason, he walks, I guarantee you, Blanchfield won't honour the second year of that contract - unless it's another coach where he's all but assured he will have a role in the rotation.

I'm tellin ya, collecting jerseys Matt Shanahan style.

Reply #812691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a ramble.
You have some Blanchfield issues I think but you come across as a sour idiot.

Reply #812692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Get it now?"

Yes I get it. You're doubling down on your original reasons for him leaving, which was he magically predicted Gaze would leave and Casper Ware would be signed a year later, so he'd get shafted, but now you're shifting the goalposts to add more to the story. Who gives a fuck what Bogut subtweets about someone?

Or the simpler explanation is that Gaze was shit coach and Sydney was a basketcase during his time there, so he opted out. He went on to play for another coach, one who isn't exactly known for being a pushover, and won the club MVP at his new club. So yeah, he was totally after a free ride.

Reply #812693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're also criticising a a guy who wants to leave a shit situation to get more opportunities and to be played in his natural position. Thats a very odd thing to get stuck into someone for.

Reply #812694 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I thought his move to Sydney was curious, as it was always going to be a bench role. But Given Gaze was coaching, who knows. I vaguely recall that Sydney originally looked to be "Marquee City", and that Gaze in his infinite wisdom apparently planned to start Lisch at point. Maybe Blanch thought he'd play big minutes on the wing alongside Newley??
One can only assume too that he was one of the few people who hadn't figured out that Gaze couldn't coach a fart from his arse.

Then IIRC they experimented with an import SG, before bringing in Randle and switching Lisch back to SG. And yes at times they went small-ball, forcing Blanch to play the 4.

"Releases" are a matter of perspective and reporting. Ultimately the decision is mutual. Presumably he was offered a better opportunity at the Hawks. Who would you rather be coached by? Gaze or Bevo?

Reply #812695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The season isn't until late 2021 so not sure this signing will matter

Reply #812696 | Report this post

Gay Rordon  
Years ago

hahahaha "Team MVP of the 2018/19 (12-16 finish) and 2019/2 (5-22 finish) Illawarra Hawks". LOL.

Thanks for the 31% win percentage Almighty Cap. Respect the Reggie Miller tribute LOL.

In my best Homicide voice, "facts":

-whoever was coaching for 18/19, the dude SIGNED on, then SIGNED OUT, 5 months before season's start, and 16 days AFTER Bogut was announced. If marquees like Bogut, Randle, semi ish marquees like Newley, and not quite marquee but still a class above Blanchfield like Kickert can tolerate a year with Gazey, what gives Blanchfield the right to opt out because "wrong coach for me". LOL.

-he racked up stats for the Hawks, who missed the playoffs both time and where his penchant for wanting the rock and/or shots, sufficient playing time at his preferred position was never going to be threatened.

There also weren't any players of any real "authority" that would hold him accountable - pretty much what he was avoiding at the Kings for 18/19.

Reply #812697 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

And now he's at the reigning champs, playing for the best coach, in the best arena in front of the largest crowd...I think he's made the right calls so far considering the Kings didn't win FA after he opted out.

Reply #812698 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Still rambling about Blanchfield and Sydney.
Oh dear.

Reply #812699 | Report this post

Gay Rordon  
Years ago

D2.0

I'm not arguing whether Gaze can/can't coach.

The 17/18 roster was poorly assembled and poorly coached.

Original imports were Leslie (combo guard/wing) and Ellis (undersized forward), then moved to Randle and briefly, Jeremy Tyler, with some bit roles for everyone's favourite side-chick import, Kendle.

This doesn't really support anything about Blanchfield.

18/19 was a new season. He put pen to paper, it wasn't provisional to "who is coaching, who signs on after etc".

Newley didn't bail. Cadee was forthcoming asking for his release saying "I doubt I'll get any game time behind Lisch/Randle, and I want to play, plus I want to cuddle Andrej because I like dem Boomers gigs".

Ethics and integrity and all that good stuff defines character.

As I said, locker room guy.

Reply #812700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Cadee was forthcoming asking for his release saying "I doubt I'll get any game time"

So was Blanchfield. Why are you criticising him for that?

"ahahaha "Team MVP of the 2018/19 (12-16 finish) and 2019/2 (5-22 finish) Illawarra Hawks". LOL."

You really can't follow the conversation from one post to the next. The only reason I mentioned his personal success in Illawarra is because you seemed to suggest he had the opportunity to play for one of the best coaches but ran the other way. I was saying he had exactly that with Bevo and evidently excelled.

And now after two years of having shitty teammates, he wants to join a decent club and a good coach again. Why are you holding that against him?

Reply #812701 | Report this post

Gay Rordon  
Years ago

Because "champ" mentality means imposing your will. Don't want to play behind an age-ing Newley? Outplay him or accept the lesser role.

And he wasn't forthcoming. All that was said was that he was released (16 days after Bogut signed) following his request for it. Presumably he sought a release even closer to Bogut's signing.

Cadee literally tweeted saying thank you to Sydney fans and that he can't see himself finding a role in a loaded back court etc.

Reply #812707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Kaider stressed that Blanchfield's decision to leave the Kings was not financially motivated.

"It was all about Todd looking at where he could play his best basketball and where he could really develop as a player but also take on the responsibility of being a key member of a team. That was the most critical thing here," he said.

"Truth be known, he is actually going to take a pay cut. So it was never about money at any point. It was all about the opportunity and Todd's long-term goals about taking his game to the next level."

I'll ask again. Why are you criticising him for this? Are you going to do the same for Sunday Dech leaving the Cats for more opportunity, then leaving the Hawks/Goorj for a better deal and opportunity in Adelaide?

Reply #812710 | Report this post

Gay Rordon  
Years ago

LOL you can't read through puff pieces?

"where Todd can play his best basketball" = "Gaze don't give me enough touches, makes me play interior, expects boards, defend bigs, rotate and help when idiot guards get burned. No, thank you. Todd get buckets."

"where Todd can develop" = "Gaze can't coach" (hey, no arguments there, but as I said, Bogut, Randle, Kickert, Newley, plenty of better players than Todd were OK with him).

"responsibility, key member" = "Newley's 7 years my Senior. I should start over him by default. Why I gotta butt heads with his athletic a$$ in pre-season. I am Iron Man! I mean Toddy B."

"blah blah blah, pay cut" = plea for sympathy

Reply #812713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

.....ok then....

Reply #812714 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

So you're saying he's selfish, lazy, and doesn't like playing D...

Yet he's just signed for the hardest working organisation (on and off court) in the league, for a coach, team, and fans that value defence, and for a demanding coach who will bench his arse if he doesn't play to expectations.

And whilst I said that having recruited him previously, Trev possibly seems potential, "Mr Sentimentality" Gleeson is not.

Reply #812733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, if he does have attitude problems, I'm sure he will be told pretty quickly in Perth. The team always comes first.

Reply #812735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats believe Cotton could be naturalised in as little as 4-6 weeks. Club remains in contact with Miles Plumlee, however Plumlee has now departed WA for Sydney. Wildcats concerned that Kings may seek Plumlee out as a replacement for Bogut.

Reply #813585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More money for new import plus Reath.

Reply #813587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reath still contracted to Serbia

Reply #813588 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

So a good chance Perth can get an import 4 and a 5.

Reply #813596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes contracted but can be buyout.

Reply #813602 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

I have had the pleasure of welcoming Todd to the Wildcats today. He is fit, healthy and covid19 free.

Reply #816954 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:48 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754