Yeah
Years ago

36ers to sign Shelvin Mack.

If the rumour is true it will be announced at the beginning of August. I kinda trust who I've heard this off as they said Humphries had signed way before it was known in basketball circles, yet they also said Blanchfield had signed with the Sixers..

Mack played 12 seasons in the NBA and recently came off a stint with Hapoel Jerusalem of the Israeli Premier League.

Wow. Sixers looking very nice.

Topic #47424 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow that's huge. NBA veteran would be an automatic MVP candidate.

Reply #812367 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/OrlandoMagic/status/988413038024904704/photo/1

Orlando's finest

Reply #812369 | Report this post

Webcam Luke  
Years ago

8 seasons in the NBA? He is 30 and wasnt drafted until he was 21/22 years old.

But this would be a very interesting signing for the sixers.

Reply #812375 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Cue argument about whether he's a PG or a combo,
and claims that he will start on the bench behind Giddey.

Reply #812376 | Report this post

Yeah  
Years ago

I like the Idea he can play the 1 and 2. At times I hope Giddey should be given the reigns, let him use his Ben Simmons level passing skills. Mack score first I reckon at the 2. Dech can play the 2/3, McVeigh could even play as a stretch 4 at times with Humphries at Center.

The roster looks strong in terms of dynamism. They can go wjth a few different lineups and have players that can play multiple positions.

Do think Dillon needs to be let go and they need a cheapy import SF...

Reply #812390 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

Shelvin Mack and Sunday Dech will be one physically strong, bully-ball backcourt for Adelaide. He's not Jerome Randle scorer though.

Reply #812394 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

I believe Liam Flynn was an assistant at that club so perhaps this rumour is correct. Would be a good fit for the team if true

Reply #812398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great signing and very good player

Reply #812399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another veteran after a retirement fund

Reply #812403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Do think Dillon needs to be let go and they need a cheapy import SF..."

36ers would have to pay out the last year of his contract. That would make the "cheapy import" poor value for money. i.e., it'd be like keeping Ramone Moore and paying him double what he got last year.

Reply #812528 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Retirement fund?? he's only 30.

He's left the NBA to get more minutes and play consistent basketball.
On paper he's done more than Cotton,Ware,Trimble,Randle and Machado.
Played under some fantastic coaches and if true probably had the recommendation from coach Flynn.

On the other roster spot, you'd think a mutual decision with Obi Kyei to another team will be reached.

Reply #812533 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I don't really understand why they'd want Kyei to leave?

That would have them at 3 bigs.... Is there a better "Backup PF" out there?

The weakness they have is at PG/SG/SF, that's where they should focus on two imports.

Admittedly, Daniel Dillon is an inconvenience in the whole situation unless Mudronja can be a DP again

Reply #812537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wasnt there a story about Kyei training at the 3

Reply #812538 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

KET because to upgrade a spot on the roster, someone who's willing to leave for more minutes and that another club wants is the reason its Obi.

Dillon is either happy on the pine or another club doesn't want him.

I believe the plan is to see what is needed later and grab that person. eg another import or NBA Aussie maybe.

Reply #812540 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I feel one import isn't enough quality to cover PG-SF given the other guards/small forwards on the team. Putting that into a spot as backup PF doesn’t seem like the best way to approach it

Reply #812547 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

KET who said it was??

It could be an import 1 through 5.
The club seems to be waiting on how the team goes first before decided on a clear path for the last player.

Currently a 3 man big rotation is fine if Obi does move on.

Reply #812554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A recommendation from Coach Flynn (haha) is no glowing endorsement. A lot of SA cigar smokers in here.

Reply #812557 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yeah if they're really serious, they probably need an import wing. I wonder if they think highly of McVeigh and Dech and are willing to throw them in the deep end though? If one or both stands up under pressure, then they know they’ve got a building block(s) for the future. Conversely, if one struggles, they can bring in a mid season import to get more production at that position.

Reply #812579 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Any more legs to this rumour or is it deader than bat soup?

Reply #813320 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:10 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754