BeeGee
Years ago

Sixers Land Sunday Dech

The Adelaide 36ers have announced the signing of versatile guard Sunday Dech on a three-year contract.

The 26-year-old, 195cm joins the Sixers after the 2019-20 NBL season with the Illawarra Hawks which saw him average 9.19 points, 3.74 rebounds and 1.48 assists per game and earn nominations for both the NBL's Most Improved Player and Best Defensive Player.

Chairman Grant Kelley said, "We have been on the receiving end of Sunday's brilliance at the Entertainment Centre a couple of times last season and we are glad we were able to persuade him to join our club."

Sunday Dech is looking forward to coming to Adelaide, "Coach Henry's vision for the team excited me. I can't wait to continue my development as a player and to compete at the highest level possible. Also, playing with my childhood friend Keanu Pinder is really special and something I look forward to," Sunday said.

Dech is South-Sudanese, moving to Perth at six years of age. He is a two-time champion with Perth Wildcats in 2014 and 2019 and was awarded the Coaches Award at the Wildcats MVP Ball in 2019. Rounding out his development experience were stints in the US college system at Metro State and Barry University.

Head Coach Conner Henry explained, "With Sunday joining our very young backcourt, we feel like we have added another piece to the puzzle for the long-term future of the 36ers. Sunday brings both a defensive mindset and athleticism that we need at our club."

"His leadership skills and character are impressive and we are excited to add Sunday to our team. He is going to work hard every day and help us get to where we want to be - building ourselves into a championship contending program!" Coach Henry concluded.

General Manager of Basketball Jeff Van Groningen added, "Sunday is a player who has been on the rise the past few seasons. His work ethic and drive to make both his team and himself better are attributes we highly value and we welcome Sunday to the 36ers."

Sunday Dech joins the Sixers roster that includes Isaac Humphries, Keanu Pinder, Josh Giddey, Jack McVeigh, Daniel Dillon, Brendan Teys, Obi Kyei and Daniel Johnson.

Topic #47431 | Report this topic