koberulz
Years ago

New Kings Logos?

According to a since-deleted tweet by @matjessep, the Kings have withdrawn their current logo and applied for these three:

Topic #47441 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol, 3 is ugly, 1 plain, 2 stillplain

Reply #812883 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

LOL WTF, why are they trying to replace a perfectly good logo.

Reply #812886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mmmm, not sure on this. The lion doesn't work as a visual. The top one has a nice retro vibe. Love to hear peoples thoughts on this rebrand idea I did a few years back - https://www.behance.net/gallery/28464483/CONCEPT-Sydney-Kings-Logo

Reply #812888 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The current one is perfectly good....

I guess they're trying to "modernise" for the "youth"

Reply #812889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I quite like three, though any would do.

Reply #812915 | Report this post

GoogleFibaHQ  
Years ago

Waste of money they dont have

Reply #812920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Third one has been trademarked.

Reply #812942 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Personally I've never liked the name, or the colours.
But at the end of the day, they're not selling to me. Whatever works in Sydney, to get them off their arses and following the NBL, is ultimately good for the league.

Reply #812946 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Third one looks fine to me. Current logo is recognisable but a bit awkward.

Reply #812948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2nd one is best. #rd one is dominated by the Lion. 1st one appears to me at least to be out of proportion.

Reply #812952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a 36er fan, I dojt feel the right to comment, as ours is atrocious.

Reply #812957 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

3rd one the lion dominates way too much, and looks too clipart

2nd one the Kings font is too heavy and blocky. Bit like the Hawks logo, which i also think is terrible. Also looks dated for a brand new logo.

1st one is ok. Simple and retro design, but could do with a bit more refinement.

I kinda like how the Kings havent really tampered with their logo much over their history. I hope they aren't changing it.

Reply #812973 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I wonder if there was some issue with the previous logo? They seem to have been dicking around with the TM for a few years, and have now withdrawn the application.

I also wonder if anything can be read into the prominence of the Lion? Given that supposedly a Lion was to feature prominently on one of the proposed logos for the Tassie team.

Reply #812995 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Someone on twitter mentioned licensing fees re: the opera house. I like both #1 and #2 and #3 would be fine on flags and shirts.

Reply #813002 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I think three is really cool but as merchandise like a t-shirt but the current logo is great enough.

Alternatively a violet crumble in the background could also be prominent.

Reply #813043 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754