Isaac
Years ago

Aron Baynes talks about positive coronavirus test

Topic #47442 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucky he has the cash to sit around while he gets better, out in the real world people got to get back our and grind and can't take months off work.

Reply #812931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he could have a chat with Mitch Creek.

Reply #812938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First response, cry me a river. Second response, very good lol!!!

Reply #812956 | Report this post

Bbfan  
Years ago

@812931 Lucky?? You mean lucky he's been working his ass off for the last 20 years to get him to the position he’s in! Maybe some 'real world’ people should take note!

Reply #812958 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yeah, because no ordinary real world people work hard.

Reply #812961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Real world people take note and be nba players

Reply #812982 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think y'all take the word "lottery" in the NBA draft too literally. It's not chance that makes a veteran professional sportsman.

Reply #812989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think COVID-19 just underlines the inequities in the world that we all know exist. Baynes has millions in the bank from an 11 year career bouncing a ball, while nurses risking their lives treating COVID-19 patients probably have a few thousands in the bank, at best.

Decide for yourself who deserves kudos and your admiration - the NBA player or the 'ordinary' person. Just don't rationalise it in terms of the money they get paid or how hard you think they work(ed) to get it. Our society doesn't price things based on merit or effort, just on what the purchaser is willing and able to pay.

I'm glad Baynes didn't suffer the more damaging COVID-19 symptoms, which would have ended his career (from severe lung damage) or killed him. I'm glad his family are okay. Hope he continues to prosper and gets to play for Australia in Tokyo.

As far as COVID-19 experiences go, though, kudos and my admiration go to the healthcare workers. All day, every day.

Reply #813027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Supply and demand.
Simple economics

Should nurses, ambos, police be paid more. Yep.
But doesnt take away from the fact Aron deserves to be paid what his employer is willing.

Why didnt you put the time in to be an NBA player, knowing the earnings available?
Because its BLOODY hard.
Its not always as simple as height and body and blah blah blah the salty plebs always cry about. If it was you would never see people like Steph Curry playing the game.
Baynes could barely walk in a straight line a decade ago.
Kudos to him.

Reply #813072 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

I remember having a bad flu a few years ago... couldn't get out of bed for a week. Can knock you for weeks

Reply #813076 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:47 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754