Anonymous
Years ago

No Basketball for Vic in 2020

With the current state of affairs there will be no basketball in Victoria for 2020. 459 cases on Sunday with deaths going up, the season will not start this year.
Also I think that tournaments like the Southern Pen and Moe will not occur.
At this stage even the Eltham tournament would have to be 50/50 for 2021.

Topic #47451 | Report this topic

MS  
Years ago

I tend to agree that the chances of any indoor activities happening in the next 2-3 months are very slim. Given tryouts usually start in 7 weeks time, i don't see how teams can be formed and prepared for any grading games this year.

Reply #813209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Associations will have no excuse to get started as soon as green light is given. Plenty of time to organise themselves. We know the logistical challenges, and have a further few months to get ready.

Reply #813212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No excuses? Do you really think that?

Reply #813221 | Report this post

Joe  
Years ago

Do you think school nationals gone as well?

Reply #813226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The opp is on the money, very disappointing but it'll be a miracle to get anything going in Victoria.

Reply #813228 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:09 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754