Basketball Academy Training

Looking for feedback on the best way to develop my child further

Living in the North, I have friends who have suggested the ACBA Academy run by Willie Janette or Kevin Brooks who was an Nba player however both seem too far away.

Can anyone suggest similar options closer to Smithfield?

Topic #47460 | Report this topic

Joseph Campbell  
Years ago

We have multiple options at STARplex...

Shoot me a message at [email protected]

Reply #813530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not really that much in the northern suburbs.

Lab46 run a skills session on Sunday 2-4 at mars fairly good value
Most clubs have coaches available for individual session just be careful with group sizes
Rasheed Tucker runs a fair bit on different days At Wayville group size is sometimes an issue
Kevin Brooks run his academy out Of golden grove and mars groups of 10 for 1.5 hours
Joey Wright has new academy running Thursday 4-6 Saturday 2-4 trials over the next two weekends but at TSA

Reply #813569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder how kids in the old days got good without the physical advantages like Maher, Heal etc. Oh yeah, that right, good old fashioned hard work instead of paying shitloads to coaches using tennis balls and hula hoops. Get a coach to teach you how to shoot and dribble, then practice like hell. Doing an hour or 2 with a name coach isn't going to achieve anything unless you put in the hours, time over talent.

Reply #813711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol, no problems Uncle Drew.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnKOc6FISU

Reply #813720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone go to Joey's transition sports grading camp today?

Reply #813926 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:29 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754