Kaylee
Years ago

NBL Trophies Available?

Not sure is this is the place to ask this but I've searched everywhere and can't really find a concrete answer but I was wondering if the minor premiers receive an actual trophy for finishing first or not?

Also, probably a silly question, but even though it's a preseason tournament, would you guys count the Loggins-Bruton Cup for the winners of the NBL Blitz as an official trophy?

Are there any other team trophies I'm missing?

Topic #47469 | Report this topic

Giacontigers  
Years ago

NBL does have a trophy for their preseason blitz which is Loggins-Bruton Cup. NBL blitz format last year in Tasmania was an absolute disgrace. Brisbane had such easy fixture then any other NBL team but luckily no one cares since it's preseason tournament. NBL don’t make a big fuss out of it like European leagues do.

I think minor premiers get no trophy at the end of the season which is a shame. Check out European basketball leagues, they do more trophies, Cups during their seasons which is cool. I watch a bit of the British Basketball League, probably not the best league to watch but they have 4 trophies per season which is awesome because it gives smaller clubs more of a chance to win some silverware. I heard London Lions are competing in the Fiba Basketball Champions League. So now Britain teams could end up winning five trophies in one season which is crazy compared to the NBL which only have one championship which is a shame. The NBL never thought of doing other bigger competitions since they started in 1979. I know Perth Wildcats one a NBL Cup in the 1990’s but I think the NBL only do that competition for one season.

I prefer European basketball leagues, there’s more opportunity for teams to play other clubs. Australia is too far from anywhere. Only teams they could play would be CBA teams in China. New Zealand would be an and options but their league is weak for our NBL teams to play against.

Reply #813815 | Report this post

GordonG47  
Years ago

The Taipans received a banner from the NBL for finishing the 2014-15 season on top as "minor premiers", lost to the Breakers in the Grand Final.

Reply #813836 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

Did Adelaide also get a banner recently when they finished on top without a title

Reply #813861 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Weigh took the best three point shooter trophy.
But, they caught up with him and got it back.
So, the trophy for the best three point shooter is available, now.

Reply #814013 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:30 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754