Tas devil
Years ago

Simon Brookhouse announced as Tasmania's NBL team CEO

Just announced Simon brookhouse as CEO former longtime chief of the seabl and currently at golf Australia a bit left field no nbl experience but is well known in Tasmania

Topic #47514 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good appointment. Clearly has some relationships with key people in NBL circles and still has valuable contacts in Tas.

Reply #815025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it looks like a smart appointment. Let's get the name and coaches sorted out.

Tasmania could be a good place for the bubble, certainly Launceston, Devonport and Ulverstone, while the DEC gets up to standard.

Reply #815029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tasmania is not letting anyone in so forget the bubble crap. Brrokhlouse is well known in basketball circlesat all levels and a former President of the Hobart Chargers, Knox Raiders and SEABL Charman for 12 years. Hardly a surprise and he got the job over some very good candidates. Smart business man who has achieved at everything he has taken on.
https://nbl.com.au/news/simon-brookhouse-returns-to-tasmania-to-head-new-nbl-team

Reply #815031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Except at Knox! Nice self promotion SB

Reply #815038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not Brookhouse posting. Just someone who knows him and knows his reputation.Good guy on and off the court.

Reply #815039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah seems like a strong appointment I don't remember him at the chargers was he in Tasmania for other reasons as well as that job ?seems to be well respected down here

Reply #815053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SB isn't a self promoter at all so I’m not sure why the Knox comment? Positive move for the NBL. Has done some fine work in the Sporting fields and business. Also managed to be a President of a local junior cricket club in south east Melbourne for around 20 years. Why passionate about sport.

Reply #815055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He moved to Hobart with the National Bank and also umpired before becoming the President of the Chargers.

Reply #815075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good basketball appointment and we'll known in
Tasmanian and Victoria so he’ll be able to utilise those existing relationships to good affect on both sides of bass straight.

Reply #815077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was President of Moorabbin Park CC which was both juniors & seniors

Reply #815088 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Rated highly in Tas from feedback so far, huuuuge role.

Looking forward to it develop

Reply #815298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes the sooner he gets here the better. Then full accountability for the NBL.

Reply #815325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone heard any info regarding the coaching position? In brookhouses interview on win news he made a comment about it could be someone currently under contract elsewhere I found that interesting it sounds like there looking at a well known coach

Reply #815326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henare

Reply #815358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henare isn't leaving japan. They announced the league going ahead and he’s making more money there then he would In the NBL. He recruited Rhys Vague not 3 weeks ago

Reply #815365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

League finishes in January I think. Take the money and run and build a franchise.

Reply #815366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Japan finishes in January? No way

Reply #815367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

B-League finishes in April.

Reply #815368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henare is settled in Japan with his family, it would take a great offer to bring him back.

Reply #815371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not certain a new head coach would be happy with his assistants picked for him. Nash would be a good assistant, Stewart is a head coach, not suited to assistant coach, has good contacts and good at recruiting and subs well. Radford doesn't offer what’s required.

Said it before that there first years will be a battle no matter who’s coaching, SEM last season is a good example, let the head coach pick his team if he’s not from Tasmania or get Stewart, Nash and Brerton on board as all locals and see how they go.

Reply #815376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People keep saying Stewart recruits. It's not that hard at the seabl level. Remember they stunk it up in the NZ NBL

Reply #815377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They did very well in the nznbl, fifth in there first year while spending up to 38 hours getting there. Nznbl in 2019 was. A very strong league with imports and Australian players plus lots breakers players.

I just don't see Stewart as an assistant coach, he’s good enough.

Reply #815380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol huskies were terrible to watch in NZ

Reply #815382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The huskies finished with a 50/50 record not to bad considering how lopsided there squad was also I don't think Stewart did to much of the recruiting most of it was done buy the moron owners as you can tell there whole starting 5 except for Moller were all terrible defensive players

Reply #815398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the chumps comments on the Huskies debacle. I hope everyone got paid this season in AKL. Stewie went up a level and their result was good with the owners not delevering on what they promised. Last time I checked many people hadn't been paid their entitlements including Stewie. If you have any better HC experience please let is know. If not STFU.

Reply #815400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Lol huskies were terrible to watch in NZ" So did you see them play in Hoart? I guess not.

Reply #815401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet another person who knows nothing about the current situation. I know for a fact no Assistant Coaches have been selected. Why post this shit?

Reply #815402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"People keep saying Stewart recruits. It's not that hard at the seabl level. Remember they stunk it up in the NZ NBL" No they didn't idiot.

Reply #815403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they did stupid

Reply #815404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They did well in nznbl.

Reply #815406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They didn't make finals

Reply #815423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every lower level coach thinks they can coach NBL. It's not til they do , then they realize they can’t.

Reply #815424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep. There are so many on Hoops that think they can coach at NBL level.

Reply #815428 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Just resigned after nearly three seasons. Wants a new challenge. From the outside looking in it looks like he's done an excellent job.

Reply #913433 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last year

Back to knox maybe with the expansion.

Reply #913438 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Any locals looking good for the job ?

Reply #913441 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:03 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754