sixtiesrockstar
Years ago

Game scorer age limit restrictions

Does anyone have any info regarding the age limit required for a person to sit and score junior district basketball games. I have been informed by officials it is 15 years and over however am unable to find any info in rules and guidelines with definitive information.

Topic #47542 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

First world problems

Reply #815866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good question but I think BSA has MUCH bigger issues in the scheme of things.

It's a mess.

Reply #815867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14 in Vic with a level 1 course for Big V.

Reply #815873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Believe it's 15, as long as there is adult supervision if they have someone younger who wants to be involved they should be encouraged. We have refs younger than 15 running around.

Reply #815874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BSA District By-laws have no age limit.

Reply #815878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball SA these days don't care about scorers ,age doesn’t matter , I saw a kid doing the score I got he was about 10 .
Their bottom line is revenue $$$
Standard of basketball has gone down badly refs hard hard to find these days .
Glad my day was good ,great core refs,but these days are made up of primary school kids doing games .

Reply #815893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately your assertion that referees are made up of primary school kids is so factually wrong it's actually not funny.

Reply #815895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Age should not matter if they can do the job. Some adults struggle with the scoring and possession arrow.

Reply #815896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why post here? Why not simply call your Association? Pretty simple.

Reply #815898 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

At club games, I have seen u14 kids running the scoreboard and scoresheet (or ipad, depending on the club) with aplomb. I have seen many adults struggle with the same.

Never seen a primary school kid ref anything bar an u10 scrimmage, and even then it was under the watchful eye of an experienced ref.

Reply #815903 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Why not post here? Then information becomes available from a range of sources.

Reply #815976 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:55 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754