Anonymous
Years ago

Casper Ware signs one year deal with Kings

From ESPN:

"Casper Ware has signed a one-year deal to return to the Sydney Kings, sources told ESPN.

The 5'10 point guard, 30, was the highest paid import during the 2019-20 season, sources said.

Ware was the Kings' leading scorer over the 2019-20 NBL season, averaging 17.9 points, along with 3.7 assists per game."

Are Kings fans happy to have him back? Interesting the article says he was the highest paid import in the league.

Topic #47557 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Interesting the article says he was the highest paid import in the league.

Not really, that was quite well known last season.

Reply #815930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm happy to see him back as he’s a quality player and certainly comes across as a good human.

Reply #815931 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The link:

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/47197-casper-ware-highest-paid-import-in-the-league-2819-/

Reply #815932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So other than Kay everyone who opted out stayed. Love that old school Hoops hysteria

Reply #815934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tSo Ware got paid more than Cotton? That's gotta be BS. Citing a thread with no facts in it doesn't count.

Reply #815938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney Kings-Weaver

5'10 C.Ware(I)/6’3 A.Bruce
6’3 D.Vasljevic/6’4 A.Glover
6’6 D.Louzada(NS)/6’7 B.Newley
6’8 X.Cooks/6’8 C.Moller/6’10 D.Kickert?
(I)/6’10 J.Hunter

If Tate comes back, surely cooks plays C

Reply #815939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Citing a thread with no facts in it doesn't count"

It is from olgun uluc's article at ESPN

Reply #815940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does oneself come across as a good human?

Reply #815942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@939 - wrong Bruce :D

Reply #815949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, S.Bruce

Reply #815950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickett played 5 all last year. It's an interesting squad, don’t see DV can come straight out college and start, certainly not on the defensive end.

Reply #815952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glover ain't playing 5th guard, dv must be starting.

Reply #815953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glover has already played against men, we will see how dv goes before to many predictions. Glover could start or maybe Didi in the two. DV might have to bide his time, lots guys coming out college previously with big reputation that struggle first up.

Reply #815954 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

So Ware got paid more than Cotton? That's gotta be BS.
Why? Cos you hate Perf?

Reply #815955 | Report this post

lukn4atitle  
Years ago

I was aWARE of the fact he was the highest paid and it should come as no surprise.Most would have COTTONed on it by now !

Reply #815956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Why? Cos you hate Perf?" Most people hate perf Dazz because of people like you and your sanctimonious attitude. Last I heard was Cotton was on $600k and was the highest paid player. I am sure Ware is on shedloads too but not more that Cotton.

Reply #815958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will all of sudden be an announcement about Bogurt possibly returning.

Reply #815959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last season Melbourne United said they made their highest ever offer to Ware but couldn't match Sydney's offer, so it makes sense that it is the highest in the league (besides Bogut).

Reply #815962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne United always tell the truth, does the that sound right.

Reply #815965 | Report this post

pls  
Years ago

Ware FG% Last 3 seasons:

Reply #815973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Most people hate perf Dazz because of people like you and your sanctimonious attitude"

You hate an entire team because you don't like Dazz? That doesn't sound normal. You sure its not because we win all the time and you cant handle it?

Reply #815980 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Would this make Ware the highest paid Import in the League for next season?
It certainly won't be Cotton!

Reply #815988 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Much as I dislike seeing Sydney get stronger, it's good that Ware is staying with the league.
He was extremely good with MU, two seasons ago I thought he was the MVP, and I imagine that in his 2nd season with Kings he will be that much more settled and in tune with the coach and other players.

If he sticks around could he be a chance at getting naturalised?

Reply #815989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will always find a way to win at all costs. Oh we don't like people like you either and your type.

Reply #815990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like you dont like anyone. Must be lonely...

Reply #815992 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Why? Cos you hate Perf?

All the Perf hate and the subsequent nonsense chatter about Perth was caused by you.

You took something so neutral and turned it into Perth vs everyone, again.

I took that sentence to indicate the author surprise that Ware was paid more considering the difference in output between the 2 players.

Reply #815995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton will come back and negotiate his own price. He will still be the highest player in the League. He will certainly get more than than if he stayed. Perth finds another way to win at all cost$.

Reply #816012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you have a problem with Cotton being the highest paid player in the league? He's easily the best player, and someone has to be the highest paid.

Reply #816013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Certainly not. I just wish people would get their facts right. Good luck to him. The NBL make their own rules and Perth work the system. The NBL allow it. So be it.

Reply #816022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL makes their own rules? Wow, what a revelation!

Reply #816025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Confirmed

Reply #816242 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:24 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754