Reply #816611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Underwhelming signing. Average last season and on the decline

Reply #816613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, not underwhelming.

Surprised the dude lasted this long in FA. Excellent shooter to have coming off the bench, still reliable for a solid 20-25 minutes a game.

Reply #816614 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

It's his defense that surprised me the most last season. Put in about 150% of the effort on that end that we've seen from him throughout his NBL career. Happy to have him back in a bench role.

Reply #816615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Averaged 16 mins last season and now a year older

Reply #816616 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

You would expect a guy that's 36 or 37 to be on the decline but that doesn't take away from him being a serviceable backup.

Reply #816617 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Doesn't defend the pick and roll, stays in the lane.

Does not play D

Reply #816619 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

That's how Kings defend the pick and roll, for better or worse. Kickert's effort on the glass (or at least boxing out) and individual defense in the post were what I was referring to as being much improved.

Reply #816621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney Kings-Weaver

5'10 C.Ware(I)/6’3 S.Bruce
6’3 D.Vasljevic/6’4 A.Glover
6’6 D.Louzada(NS)/6’7 B.Newley
6’8 X.Cooks/6’8 C.Moller/6’10 D.Kickert
(I)/6’10 J.Hunter

Are we going to see tate or import c

Reply #816622 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think we grab Tate if we can and play Cooks as an undersized 5. If we don't get Tate (which is likely IMO), it will be either an import 5 or Bogut.

Reply #816623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They said hunter will play a lot more this season, whatever that means.

Reply #816624 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

This re-signing of Kickert more than anything likely signals Bogut is coming back given they're good friends and then you factor in Casper Ware opting back in and it's starting to look like the Kings are getting the old band back together for one last run at it.

Reply #816626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They didn't like back to back games last season I can't see that their ageing list is going to enjoy an abbreviated Hub season of games played with shorter breaks like the AFL.

Reply #816628 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Angus.....if that's how you play D, it ain't working and will continue to not work

Reply #816629 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Angus.....if that's how you play D, it ain't working and will continue to not work

Reply #816630 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

This re-signing of Kickert more than anything likely signals Bogut is coming back
Are you sure?
How many slots do they have left? According to the list above, they only have one, presumably reserved for an import.

Reply #816632 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"Angus.....if that's how you play D, it ain't working and will continue to not work"

I'll be sure to pass that on to Will Weaver, if he asks me. (FWIW I largely agree - at least not against every opposing player on every screen)

Reply #816636 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Dazz,

They didn't have a spot for Xavier Cooks last season either and what happened?

Reply #816637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can only have 10. + one NS

Reply #816638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think the hawks team looks better then the kings

Reply #816639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Roster spots are getting pretty full around the league. If Bogut decides to come back will they downgrade Kicks to be a nominated replacement player or something?

Reply #816641 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I doubt it they'll likely remove Hunter from the roster like they did with Kuany Kuany.

Reply #816642 | Report this post

Cornholio  
Years ago

The Kuany Cooks clause.

Reply #816643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do people keep putting Kickett in the 4 spot or there lists, he plays back up 5 at the kings.

Reply #816645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's still got something to offer, probably will be in the Lucas Walker roll as last season.

One spot left for kings, import or local. If the Olympics look like goiahead I believe Bogut will be back, if not he’ll retire.

Reply #816648 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

LOL at the Kings using the Mr 50-40-90 moniker. As if the guy needs further encouragement to massage his shooting stats.

Reply #816653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^How does one massage their shooting stats? Not bragging if you can do it and it's a great accomplishment to be in that club.

Reply #816654 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

By being extremely selective when you do or don't shoot something Kickert and Tom Abercrombie have always done.

Reply #816659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most efficient player in the league last season according to Jordan McCallum on Twitter. Also, can throw a forearm.

Reply #816661 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Rebounding solved

Reply #816664 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Angus - apologies just re read my post it came across as go at you, was not intended that way more an observation / frustration with the Kings D.

Have been supporting them under (until Tas get a team) Weaver.....do not like Bogut but like the Kings.

Reply #816669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All rosters look trash except adelaide. Give them the ship now.

Reply #816729 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:43 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754