Anonymous
Years ago

New Victorian Team to be announce on Wednesday

At 11.30am EST at Voda Phone Arena.

About time Melbourne got another team.

I think it's time for Adelaide to get another team, it would create some good friction like when the Power enetered into the AFL.

Topic #4764 | Report this topic

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

I think Adelaide has had two teams in the NBL for only five years, from it's inception in 1979 to around 1984.

I support the concept, but there's just not enough interest in basketball, from a fan and corporate level, at the moment.

Reply #54888 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

go to malaysia and find those guys who were building that new stadium down south and starting a second team

then go to wingfield and direct me to the multi function polis

Reply #55112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

adelaide i think had three teams in the beginning

glenelg/nct - west adelaide - forestville

nct i think only went for a season

but if memory serves me we did have three nbl games on a weekend frid sat nights sun arvo

then forestville and some others formed the adelaide eagles and west amalgated with them at the end of the 84 season to form the current 36ers

Reply #55125 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:53 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754