Anonymous
Years ago

Shane Heal charged with common assault

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/stgeorge-shire-standard/shane-heal-australian-basketball-legend-charged-with-common-assault/news-story/3d674a40b5d45b80cb8de2cf6b070ea0

Topic #47644 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Not on a device that can get through paywalls, but abstract says it was a yelling match with a pedestrian and he threw a water bottle at him.

Reply #817543 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I guess the guy must've asked him if he wanted some Chinese takeaway.

Reply #817544 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

OLYMPIC BASKETBALL LEGEND ASSAULTED MAN IN FOOTPATH SPAT
An acclaimed former professional basketballer who played for Australia at four Olympic Games has faced court after he chucked a water bottle out his car window at a man during a spat over who had right of way on a footpath. SUBSCRIBE NOW FOR THE FULL STORY.

Shane acting like a juvenile tool? Surely not!

Reply #817545 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Shocked to be sitting here.

Reply #817547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should the nbl cut this giuy loose?

Reply #817548 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

maybe the guy was thirsty and the hammer was just passing him a refreshing drink out of consideration for the guy's safety, but OHS requirements due to Covid meant that the 1.5 m social distancing rule preventing him from passing the drink bottle so it has to be tossed

Reply #817550 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Sounds plausible. The dude is an A grade tosser.

Reply #817551 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Maybe or perhaps he was inquiring about how much shares in Heal Group are going for these days? Perhaps even asking for the odds on the next WNBL game involving his daughter?

Reply #817553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Hammer had just shat in the bottle and it was just a locker room practical joke amongst good mates ?

Or perhaps it was just Brett Brown back in town asking if Hammer could lend an unemployed old mate some money as an investment , and Shane just threw him an autographed bottle to sell on Ebay ?

I'm sure there's a good and reasonable explanation for this .

.. yes I'm trolling ,

Reply #817554 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Maybe the pedestrian enraged Heal by politely asking him to stop pumping up players like Froling and using terms such as 'trifecta' and 'bunny' in commentary.

Reply #817558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing to see here.

"Heal faced Magistrate Michael Crompton at Sutherland Local Court on Thursday, where he pleaded guilty to the single charge.
He was sentenced to a six-month conditional release order without conviction.
"He's 50, he has no criminal history and he’s got a history of quite substantial work in the community," Mr Crompton said.

Reply #817560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Around the time he was "coaching" the Kings he came into the coffeeshop where my wife was working, ordered a coffee, and when asked to pay asked her if she knew who he was. Grade A twat.

Reply #817561 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Ignoring that it's Heal, how does somebody get charged and taken to court for throwing a water bottle?
Surely there must be more to the story?
Did he hit the victim full in the face with a full bottle?
There must be something more to elevate it to the level of assault?

Reply #817562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No criminal history, hmmm.

Reply #817565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Honestly, who the hell takes someone to court for getting hit by a plastic water bottle???
Hammer is a knob at the best of times, but cmon. Society is lost.
No wonder our courts are jammed for years.

Reply #817567 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Everyone has their feelings on Shane.....for the most part without ever having met the guy. I've had a bit to with him on many occasions when he was playing and after he retired and he was always easy to get along with and generous with his time and knowledge. Just my experience

Reply #817575 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Absolute joke! We have thugs getting away with cr@p everyday and this goes to court.
Our country is stuffed!

Reply #817577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No "criminal" record lol
Great guy just don't get into “business” with him

Reply #817580 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Shane Heal threw the water bottle and went BANG!

Reply #817581 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Musy have been provoked as normally a great guy! He had white line fever on the court & has had his struggles off it but ripper bloke in my experiences.

Reply #817588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Duke fan you're obviously a bloke, very few women, or anyone who’s had a money based relationship with him for that matter, would share your sentiments

Reply #817589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has always been a dick.

Reply #817590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't no if he’s a good bloke or shit bloke, what I do know is a shit commentator, please no more behind the microphone.

Reply #817591 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

To their credit NBL did relegate him to sideline reporting from the second half of the season.

Reply #817593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

terrible individual. Completely fake, the only people who praise him are fans kept at a distance.

Reply #817595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So you know the guy? I bet not.

Reply #817596 | Report this post

Billy Bob  
Years ago

Reply #817598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Billy Bob with the best reply..

Reply #817600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I too, yearn for a world where robust challenges to injustice can be shut down for fear of physical injury. Where an elderly lady can't challenge a meat head gym junky for parking in the senior's bay, because said gym junky can throw a Testosterzone bottle at them. It's such a shame that the law, and by extension society at large, draws the line at physical intimidation and common assault. Society could be so much more to my advantage. I could shut down those lawyers saying I can't grope a girl at the pub.

Reply #817601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moron who you sue if someone pushed him further clogging up courts for REAL issues

Reply #817602 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Well those are definitely all words.

Reply #817604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hammer = horrendous human being

Reply #817607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty true to form with this turkey.

Seems like a rather trivial matter but he is a magnet for trouble.

Reply #817609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I Haven't met him so can't comment on him as a person.
Bagging people on the forum is how we roll though.
So to support all the fantastic posters above I will use the word douche.

Reply #817610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must have mistaken the man for Tonny Jensen.

Reply #817611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shane Heal reminds me of Isaac
Similar qualities

Reply #817612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I Haven't met him so can't comment on him as a person.
Bagging people on the forum is how we roll though.
So to support all the fantastic posters above I will use the word douche."

Spot on. Once again the trolls pounce on a non story. He pleaded guilty. That's it.

Reply #817617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's an absolute scumbag. As both Brett Brown and Matt Nielsen would attest to, not to mention countless others.

Reply #817618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just hope when the NBL finally starts that this is the catalyst for him getting the boot

Reply #817619 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

How is it a non story if he pleaded guilty? He did it.

Its far from the worst crime in the world, but one of Australia's most decorated national team players being guilty of assault of any kind is a story.

I doubt he'll lose any TV deal. Wayne Carey still has one and he was convicted of far worse.

Reply #817627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But Carey was sent to Siberia for several years for his sins. I hope the NBL do the same to this Muppet

Reply #817628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it wasn't Heal no one would care. Yet now all the people that don't know him want to cut him down again. Yes we know about Matt Nielsen and BB and others. I am sure if BB was in Australia the outcome would have been different but it's not. He now has a criminal record, that still accounts for a LOT when you get a Police check done.

Reply #817629 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

He has a criminal record because he was guilty of a crime

Reply #817630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carey is a reasonable commentator as well, Heal leaves a lot to be desired.

Reply #817634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Cram I said that, was there a point? Who cares whether he is a good commentator or not, what does that have to do anything? I am 100% sure most of the anonymous Heal detarctors would be far worse commentators than Heal. So Do we all go around saying "Heal leaves a lot to be desired." Of course we don't it's time we should.

Reply #817638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal leaves a lot to be desired.

Reply #817641 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

and then some!

Reply #817642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet some more cretins commenting on someone they don't know. He's guilty. He was dumb, so be it. It's an old news story.

Reply #817643 | Report this post

wishy washy  
Years ago

The guy abused him then followed his car stuck his head in the passenger window. He got a plastic bottle tossed at him. Hardly a violent assault but none the less guilty. I know a lot of people who would have probably belted the bloke. media don't always give full story and haters will condemn.

Reply #817647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal struck the guy first. That's generally how these things work when getting charged with assault.

Reply #817648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"and then some!" You are replying to yourself!

Reply #817650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wishy Washy is that you Shane ?? ;p

Reply #817655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know Shane trolls these forums

Reply #817656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

leave the guy alone. he is basketball royalty. thats not even my opinion he will tell you himself.

Reply #817659 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

His daughter must cringe , he's a real embarrassment, a d pushy with her basketball......sad really .
Time he grew up

Reply #817830 | Report this post

Still Agro  
Years ago

(Mod: Legally problematic.)

Reply #877273 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

My heart goes out to the victim.

Thank you for sharing.

Reply #877280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#MeToo

Reply #877282 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:05 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754