Isaac
Years ago

NBA Finals: Lakers vs Heat

2-1 Lakers way so far. Heat down Dragic and Bam for the third game, but Butler put up 40/11/13 to see Miami to a win. There's a red-cape-at-bull moment late in the game where Butler scores and stares at LeBron, saying "You're in trouble."

LeBron is either going to murder him in game four, or perhaps Butler can back it up and hold the series together long enough for one of his other key starters to return.

Topic #47669 | Report this topic

Cram  
Years ago

That performance by Butler was insanely good.

They certainly cant expect Jimmy to keep doing that, and I wouldn't expect both LeBron and AD to struggle as much as they did today. LeBron's basic stats looked fine (25-10-8) but he had 8 turnovers and took a lot of bad shots in the 4th quarter. Just looked disinterested.

Hopefully the Heat can steal another game though and keep it interesting

Reply #818436 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Love how the Heat, and Butler in particular, are playing.

Nonetheless, the Lakers will come out, dominate G4 and take the series in 5-6 games.

Hoping I'm wrong, but their defense and rebounding presence is devastating, and the Heat don't have an answer for Davis - other than getting him in foul trouble!

Reply #818437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Miami zone in the first two games looked woeful, but today LA just didn't seem interested in passing inside, Davis early fouls didn’t help but it was very disjointed. Miami were good and Butler outstanding.

Reply #818439 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hopefully Adebayo and Dragic can play in Game 4.

Reply #818440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good clickbait Isaac

Jimmy said it back to Lebron after Lebron said it to him in the first half.

But cool story!

Reply #818441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You took the clickbait fella.

Reply #818442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Na
https://youtu.be/v1RV07wRLHE

Reply #818443 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just saw this evening that it was a reply. So maybe the murdering chance won't be so high. Would be keen to see Butler do it to them again, but not sure Davis would be a non-factor twice straight.

Reply #818445 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0spXnX0l638

Today reminded me of this

"I ain't gonna lie, Lebron, youse a baller

But Jimmy Butler is your father"

"Happy Mother Day Lebron, hope you're having fun

Happy Father's Day Lebron, cos you're Jimmy's son"

Reply #818446 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Lakers were disinterested today

Lebron lacks the killer instinct. It's a blight on his record that he had 8 turnovers and didn't put this series away in 4, against the worst finals team of my lifetime who are missing 2 starters.

Yes, Heat have had a great playoffs, but would they even be there in a normal season? Would they have taken a 2-0 lead if they were on the road in Milwaukee? Would they have won those close games against the Celtics if they were in Boston?

No one knows. But I do know they shouldn't be good enough to beat this Lakers team in the Finals.

Butler is a gun, but most of their scores today were either

- Butler one on one to the hoop, or peeling off a pick for a jumper

- Butler giving a hand off to Robinson or Herro for a 3

Butler put in a historic performance, one of the greatest NBA finals performances ever, and I love Butler. But at the same time, I do think the Lakers didn't bring enough intensity or smarts.

Reply #818447 | Report this post

I love that whenever the Lakers aren't playing 8-on-5 they're simply a turrible basketball team.

History is not kind to them.

Always 8-on-5. When it's not the Lakers choke.

Go Jimmy G Buckets

Reply #818450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBron is such a little bitch when he loses. Your GOAT

Reply #818452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All he did was walk off the court. Its not that big of a deal.

Reply #818457 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"All he did was walk off the court. Its not that big of a deal."

Exactly. While Miami stood there and dribbled out the clock. This is the NBA remember.....it's not the done thing to play to the final buzzer.

Reply #818470 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

LeSook James

Reply #818471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do these Lebron haters bite on every clickbait article that comes out? I guess that how they got to the point they are by just eating up all the NBA tabloids. 'Lebron walks out before final buzzer' - cue rage.

Imagine if social media was around when MJ was around.

Reply #818472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBron has a history of walking off and leaving his team out courtside. The footage of him discarding his arm sleeve near the locker room shows there is no one behind him. He loses and he spits it. Game 1 v Warriors when he broke his hand. Game 4 after being swept he was back in the rooms whilst everyone else shook hands. He loses and he can't handle it. It’s not we with LeBron it’s all about the me. I fully expect Lakers to complain to the league again about free throws. It’s the poor me approach

Reply #818474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hate, hate, he's pissed off, naughty boy LeBron left the court early. F..k me trump spreading corona virus leave quarantine early but LeBron left court early. Some people should just enjoy how good he is and leave the hate behind.

Reply #818475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nawww did your feelings get hurt

Reply #818476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man there are more bitches in here than the NBL stuff. Never look at the NBA until now and I won't again!

Reply #818481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3-1 James and Butler with most points, rebounds assists for both there teams. Great series Miami doing great L.A. got James, was always going to be hard to over come.

Reply #818510 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lakers 102-96. LeBron 28/12/8. Butler 22/10/9. Heat got 15 and 7 out of Bam, but Dragic didn't play.

Reply #818512 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

AD didn't do a lot offensively but did a great job defending Butler on a lot of possessions. While Butler still almost had a triple double, it was simply a very good game instead of the all timer he had the other night. LeBrons first half was a lot like his whole game 3, but he came good in the second half and closed the game out when it was there to be won.

I still think AD edges LeBron for the MVP but a "close out" performance by LBJ could change that.

Reply #818513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBron been a pass or two from a triple double in every game, Davis has been great but I'd think LeBron would be in front in mvp. I’m glad it’s not my decision, even Butler has been great.

Reply #818515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should be a line ball call but will probably go to LeBron and those that think he is better than Jordan will crap on.

Reply #818519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

danny green is so trash

Reply #818647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great game this morning, some close calls certainly favoured Miami and LA bench didn't do enough. Be interesting to see if Davis get over his leg injury. He certainly struggled in second half.

Reply #818648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Close calls went Miami's way!! Shit what game were you watching

Reply #818649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have had a gut full of the flopping in the league. slightest contact and they go down like they are shot.

Reply #818651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

James review call went to the defender, it should have been and one, they got it wrong, the defender was still moving, there were other close calls. I watched the game as a total neutral, I don't have any skin in the game, LA were unlucky but it was a magnificent game.

Reply #818652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another magnificent performance from Butler. I used to think he was going to be one of those guys who hopped around teams from contract to contract but he's proven now that he is a true champion. The way he goes about his business is inspiring and he’s become the heart and soul of that team. You can see everyone on the Heat’s respect for him and I bet Riley loves him. I think the Lakers have now realised they have a series on their hands.

Reply #818653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Defender is allowed to be moving laterally. Might want to learn the rules

Reply #818654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was in the air and not in position, Davis at the other end was called for defensive foul in same position.

Reply #818655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahaha Davis jumped laterally. That is not within his cylinder. Butler was on the ground moving laterally. Nice try mate

Reply #818656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The challenged call was against Robinson my man. Kinda looking like a fool now.

Reply #818663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^
Exactly, should have been two and one.

Reply #818664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Robinson got adjacent to James before the contact. Once he's established an adjacent position he can move laterally or backwards. Charge was the correct call.

Reply #818666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope, he wasn't adjacent at all, it’s basketball, decision like this happen in all sports. Mistakes happen.

Reply #818667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LGP established, moved laterally. Correct call.

Reply #818668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is any body actually watching?

Reply #818675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, starts in five

Reply #818676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Miami shoot from outside so much better than LA.

Reply #818677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lakers up 35 to 23 in the second quarter.

Reply #818678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

64-36 1/2 time lakers.
James 11-9-6
Davis 15-5
Rondo 13
C/pope 15
Defensively LA been outstanding.

Reply #818680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs doing all they can to keep Miami in it.

Reply #818682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBron will get the finals MVP

Reply #818685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#682 hahaha LBJ elbows Crowder in the head and Crowder gets called for the slap afterwards. Its a bit early to be on the pipe dude

Reply #818688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#688 correct call, you can't put yourself in the cylinder space, it was reviewed and called correctly.

Reply #818689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great all round team effort by LA today, Miami very good through out the finals, just ran out gas. James just hangs out back on trophy hand over, mans humble.

Reply #818691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The long drawn out asterisk season has finally come to an end.

Reply #818692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You should get two trophies for winning this season, so much harder living in bubble, some people just can't help but knock.

Reply #818693 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[mans humble.]

Lebron's speech:

"I'm so glad to have joined this great franchise.

I told Jeanie I’d bring this franchise back to where it belongs.

We just want our respec.

Laker Nation wants their respec.

Coach Vogel wants his Respec.

I want my damn respec too. “

There’s no humility.

No “Well done Jimmy Butler, you kicked my ass for a lot of that series. I’m proud I could put up these numbers with a great defender like you on me. Well done to the Heat, especially the bench guys who played big minutes with all the adversity their team faced".

Lebron should be happy he even got MVP, considering Butler's the main reason the Heat took this to 6 games, when his best teammates for half of this series were a rookie who got picked 13th and a guy who went undrafted 2 years ago

Lebron has no killer instinct, and he has no true humility either

Bring back the days of classy organisations like the Spurs, or even the Warriors

Reply #818698 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

So salty.

Well done to LeBron and the Lakers. Well deserved.

Jimmy was great, but better than LeBron in 2015 when his best team mates on any given night were Mozgov or Delly?

Reply #818699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lebron is not a closer, never has.

He passed that to Green when MJ or Kobe would have pulled up for the jumper when the help came and iced the game.

Lebron will never be MJ too different of a player.
To many variables, leaving teams, joining super teams, etc etc

Who cares really.
Lebron is a freak and u will never see another!

Reply #818707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV, no idea, stick with supporting United.

Reply #818708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is not entirely true:

He passed that to Green when MJ or Kobe would have pulled up for the jumper when the help came and iced the game.

Jordan hit Paxson and Kerr to win titles

Reply #818713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was a play designed to get the ball out of MJ hands.
Go double before he makes his move.

Lebron was a bully drive into the paint then forced to make the pass, if it was MJ or Kobe he would have pulled up for mid range and never got to the stage.

Anyway it really doesnt matter

Reply #818717 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lebron haters will place value on whatever MJ has in order to justify greatness. "bUt LeBrOn dOEsNt hAVe KiLlEr iNsTiNcT!!"

Reply #818720 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Well done to the Lakers, and to the Heat for making it a respectable series.

Wish people would stop bringing up LBJ Vs MJ for GOAT so much.

Neither side are going to convince the other side they are right.

Reply #818721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#717 LeBron never got into the paint

Reply #818723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's interesting that 2 of LeBron’s championship’s have come from shortened seasons

Reply #818724 | Report this post

Dione  
Years ago

Doesn't help when both sides are wrong either. Wilt clearly the GOAT if you're talking statistical dominance, or Russell if you're talking winning and killer instinct. /half jk

Reply #818725 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Jimmy was great, but better than LeBron in 2015 when his best team mates on any given night were Mozgov or Delly?]

Agreed - Lebron got absolutely robbed, that was terrible

I appreciate Lebron- easily the best player of this century, and I'll miss him when he's gone. I was only commenting on his MVP speech there

Lebron literally got told by a reporter about how people are saying he's the GOAT. He gave this narcissistic answer full of faux humility about wanting to "make his guys proud". Didn't mention that no, no one with half a brain would call him the GOAT!

Vogel carried on like a teenage girl

None of Vogel, Lebron or Davis even mentioned the Heat.

All so cringeworthy

But of course, Lebron is the greatest of the 21st century and a champion

Reply #818726 | Report this post

Triton 26  
Years ago

Definitely Congrats to the Lakers. They deserved it.
Miami should be hugely congratulated. They played tough and showed a lot. Give them a free run without the injuries and it might have been much closer.
Butler has really turned around the perception of him over the season.

In terms of the GOAT debate, I find it hard to consider anyone other than Jordan as GOAT, but will admit that LBJ is in contention.

I prefer to consider it in tiers. The absolute upper tier is Jordan, LBJ, Russell and Kareem. That's it.

Under that there are the players like Magic, Duncan, Wilt, Kobe etc...

It's too difficult to compare eras, so better to look at players who have separated themselves from others.

Reply #818727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Came for the terrible takes and LV did not disappoint.

Reply #818728 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[Wish people would stop bringing up LBJ Vs MJ for GOAT so much.

Neither side are going to convince the other side they are right.]

Isnt that just a media hype thing though? Like, everyday basketball fans don't actually call Lebron the Goat do they? I mean, no one who's older than about 21 and has been watching for longer than 5 minutes?

Reply #818729 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[I prefer to consider it in tiers. The absolute upper tier is Jordan, LBJ, Russell and Kareem. That's it.

Under that there are the players like Magic, Duncan, Wilt, Kobe etc...]

It is difficult to compare eras

Russell was insanely successful but competed in an era where there were 9 teams. Kareem won most of his MVPs in an era where many stars played ABA

80s onwards gets extra points with the professionalism and higher standard, 3 point line, competition with extra teams globalisation of the game

This is why I'd actually put LBJ number 2 now, a whisker ahead of Russell or Kareem

Jordan clearly number 1 though.

Of course, Lebrons still playing. It could become an interesting argument if Lebron wins another next year and wins another finals MVP against a better opponent

Reply #818731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LeBron good
Jordan fantastic.
Though LeBron playing as he does at 35 ain't bad.

Reply #818749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ You do know Jordan was league MVP and finals MVP at 35 also

Reply #818753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Russell was insanely successful but competed in an era where there were 9 teams. Kareem won most of his MVPs in an era where many stars played ABA

80s onwards gets extra points with the professionalism and higher standard, 3 point line, competition with extra teams globalisation of the game."

If you want to throw in these factors, you then have to discount something from the modern game with there being 30 teams and the talent being diluted.

Reply #819586 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Not to mention that superstars can now take many more steps on the way to the basket, and are a protected species. LOL

Personally, I'd rather see the most important accolades going to players who actually did more than just be set up to score such as Kareem or Russell. I have a lot more respect for someone who can be given the ball at halfway and win a 1on1 against anyone else consistently than some big lunk who only dominates beside the basket and needs to be set up all the time.

Imagine a series of 1on1s between Jordan, LBJ, Kobe, Curry, etc. Jordan’s defence was legendary, on top of his outstanding offense, so I think he would win any best-of-10 against any of the other contenders. I don’t think LBJ would come close.

Reply #819605 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:57 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754