Einstein
Years ago

Centrals Mens nbl1 team a fraud

The lions senior men's team has been corrupted by people running their own program for the trinity college. The real team has been removed and replaced by the college junior u18s and players from outside the club. This is the reason for poor results. I’m sure all other clubs would be offended to know this is happening.
The club and B.S.A are aware of the wrongdoing and for last two months have done nothing.
So much for member protection. Don’t expect protection from them especially when the main director of this nonsense is a well known b.ball identity and member of B.S.A coaching staff for many years.
Is this what basketball in the district comp. has become?
Let’s see what the public think about this level of cheating!

Topic #47688 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with it mate. Centrals have a clearly defined structure and vision that works for them. Nothing to do with member protection you fool. If you don't share the clubs vision for their program then move on or take over the program yourself.

Good luck to CEntrals, it is good to have a point of difference.

Reply #818965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not a Centrals fan but really can't understand the OPs rant. Most of Centrals team go/were at trinity due to geography. There was no real team to be removed, likes of Clausen and Carlin left because of ineptitude of Bobby Cunningham which was years ago. Not sure who your talking about in terms of recruits, no one of note has gone there in years.
Only dodginess is recruitment of players into the trinity team that won it all last year despite star players hardly attending any classes and getting passing grades in order for them to suit up and gain exposure at nationals, that where an enquiry should be looked at.

Reply #819006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Einstein, WTF are you on about? Not one bit of that makes sense.

Reply #819007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This has to be up there with one of the great posts of all time. Up there with the Cecil Exum, Valdermort etc. Fella, you might want to learn more about what member protection means.

Reply #819009 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"poor results"
"cheating"

Reply #819010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have they been charged with anything? I think not.

Reply #819011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a bizarre rant, OP.

Reply #819012 | Report this post

Cactus  
Years ago

Thank you Einstein,
Lion's don’t’ 'play by the rules’.

Reply #819024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've been a member of this club for a long time and the last few years have been the most productive and competitive my club has been in a very long time. Thanks to the "Trinity Kids" and old scholars including myself and many of my team mates and this new young exciting generation of talented young players (National champions at that). So the isn’t that the “Trinity Kids are the priority or taking over” They are there due to there talent full stop. Trinity has produced some top tier talent in co-ordination with centrals over the last few year including D1 athletes, juniors playing for Australia. Also the college isn’t “passing players to suit up” education has been a crucial part of the players success and one of there most powerful recruitment tools. So if you aren’t involved or don’t have all the facts. Avoid making statements that have no actual verification to them.

Hopefully all the above information clears up misunderstandings you have had.

Reply #819061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The past few years have not been the most productive for your club at all. A couple of great years until about 2016 but it's been a steep decline since then.
Centrals had the chance to really create something special but they made a huge mess of it.

But that doesn't change the fact that the original post is an incoherent rant.

Reply #819077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So how many classes does a "student" have to take before they are allowed to play?
It was like a scene out of Blue Chips, my kid was doing a class and this player showed up for the first time in months. They didn't even know he was enrolled. And the next time the coach had to go pick him up from home because was told if he missed another class he was gone. So don't try and tell me they aren't basically giving some kids a free ride just so they can have a successful team, especially with the coaches sons a part of it and a member of faculty.
And on the girls side of things, what happened there. So many talented kids gone because the committee have no clue or direction. Where are the teams sitting on the ladder their?
And agreed, WTF is the Op going on about, take your meds and give a clearer message.

Reply #819153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no NBL 1 season this year but just a summer style reserves comp. Some clubs are putting in two teams which is viewed by some clubs as being a joke. Centrals can do what they like a bit like what most clubs are doing

Reply #819155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well the numpties at BSA took until the 11th hour to decide on a season structure, which included the "ABC" basically ovetaking the reserves comp without a replacement in mind. Sturt, Forestville and Norwood (while it lasted anyway) only put two teams in because they had all their players commit.

Reply #819160 | Report this post

Einstein  
Years ago

To all my little trolls, blow your own whistle and don't try to steal mine.!
Have a nice day.

Reply #819167 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

FWIW: Einstein and Cactus posting from same IP address.

Reply #819175 | Report this post

Rather than call BSA "numpties" it would be worth remembering that in the March to June period most sports thought that senior comps would be non existent in 2020 due to the virus. As it turned out most sports (football, soccer, netball) were able to get a state/premier league up and running albeit in most cases either reduced rounds or compacted schedule. In hindsight BSA, even with the cancellation of NBL1 2020 could have conducted a Premier/State league comp this year. It should however be noted that it wasn't BSA that voted against a state league comp in 2020 but Basketball Adelaide (that is the 10 Premier league clubs) Looking at it from a distance I think BSA has done a great job in getting the Junior competition going which after all is the lifeblood of the district clubs. We also have Social comps running and the ABC. I personally would have liked to see a 2020 Premier League so that the continuity of 63 years of a state league was maintained but sitting her in October 2020 I think basketball in SA has done pretty well (say compared to Vic) - We just need to hope there is no second wave.

Reply #819228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good old Basketball Adelaide. Such pillars of wisdom

Reply #819229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm aware that most clubs voted against resuming a Premier League competition - BSA also knew this ahead of the vote.

"Well the numpties at BSA took until the 11th hour to decide on a season structure, which included the "ABC" basically ovetaking the reserves comp without a replacement in mind."

What part of this do you disagree with, 228?

Reply #819236 | Report this post

Lions Den  
Years ago

Hello OP,

We are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with your treatment.

I hear Inghams Chicken packaging factory is hiring if you are looking for a gig.

Regards,

Lions

Reply #819245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In response to where they are on the ladder.

Girls teams all team are bottom two.

Boys
Under 12 are equal top although playing Div 2
Under 14 are around 5th or 6th in 1/2
Under 16 are top in 1 and 2nd in 2
Under 18 are 7th in 1 and 6th in 2

Would that be the worse club overall?

Reply #819405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville probably in the mix. At least they are not stubborn enough to not put whatever teams they have in div1 and get thumped every week. Asked a Centrals committee member why, they said no good players would come to a div2 team, genius level of thinking.
And boys at Woodville would be worse without even bothering to look.

Reply #819413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be fair, it wasn't too long ago that Woodville took that route: putting div 3 teams into div 1 with the hope of attracting div1-2 players from other clubs, and losing by an average margin of 60+.

A couple of JDOs later and thankfully they've learned (hopefully).

Reply #819414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Difference is Woodville seem to be on the right track, especially in boys. Seem to have attracted some better coaches back to the club
Centrals going in the opposite direction.

Based on ladder positions in div 1 Forestville is the worst club in boys. Girls obviously very strong, why the big difference?

Reply #819420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville going in the right direction. Got a JDO who seems to be everywhere and some good coaches back into the club. Some of their boys teams are much better already

Forestville has Sharon, I'm sure she will improve the boys program over time.

Central's ...is it Ricky? It was meant to be Willie J but he didn't do the job for long.

Reply #819425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals have had a rise this decade to be the strongest boy's club in SA at one point around 2013-2015, even the girl's teams were winning and were all at D1 level. The fall is happening fast and speeding up at an alarming rate.

Reply #819435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Woodville's JDO?

Reply #819437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scott Freer.

Centrals and Eastern do have unique challenges with location, a small pool of participants to develop and reliance on country players. It doesn't mean they've done a good job, but I don't envy the task.

Reply #819442 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754