Anonymous
Years ago

State Championships

With State Championships starting tonight, which teams are to watch? What is everyone's thoughts on who will win each div 1 grade? Are there any games to look out for?

Topic #47707 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any streams seperate from grand finals on sunday?

Reply #819502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What state?

Reply #819509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA

Reply #819513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No RJ no SA State Champ hype. With this level of effort BSA shouldn't have bothered.

Reply #819529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14 Boys Norwood or North
16 Boys North
18 Boys Norwood, Tigers or North

Reply #819530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's only $$$ for BSA make up for lost revenue

Reply #819537 | Report this post

Hello BSA  
Years ago

Calling this carnival a State Championships is pure disrespect to all previous events and winners.

Reply #819600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do you figure?

Reply #819609 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"Calling this carnival a State Championships is pure disrespect to all previous events and winners."

Why because your child didn't make the finals because of *insert whatever excuse you have e.g. the refs, badly scheduled games, stadiums too far away, there was something wrong with the rings when your team shot the ball*

Reply #819611 | Report this post

Hello BSA  
Years ago

Brunson I understand that the usual nonsense on here makes you jump to that conclusion but no. Last few years the standard of reffing has become worse than my social league, I and most SA District people have grown used to that as the normal.

I refer to the lack of usual State Championship standards. Club Trophies. Club Points. 3v4 playoffs. Any sense of elitism. Even their broadcasting of Finals has been handled by a third party, one which is currently being highlighted as the worst, most corrupt media company in the world. But you have to give them money and subscribe to watch junior local sport, when BSA could do it easily themselves.

The current Board and Administration have no standards, no understanding of history and no interest in providing an elite level competition, which the State Championships of the past used to be respected as.

Just run it as a Carnival, providing kids with an opportunity to get some extra games in, during an interupted year. But do not disrespect the title of State Championships of the past with this rubbish.

Reply #819626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You must be fun at parties Hello BSA

Reply #819627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Girls

12 Norwood
14 Forestville
16 Sturt
18 Forestville

Reply #819628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boys

12 Norwood
14 North
16 Sturt
18 Southern

Reply #819629 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

were there shield presentations or no shields due to no 3v4 finals ?

Reply #819630 | Report this post

80’s Rocker  
Years ago

Fist time having kids play in the State Champs so don't any past SC to measure it against but was really no different to any of the others Carnivals around. Covid restrictionists and no Melbourne Carnival I’m sure played a part in the lack of excitement around it.

As for the refs normal mixed bag and feel for the kids - they were 20 plus refs short yesterday and you have what look like 12 year olds doing extra games. Need to do more to retain the young refs and bring more in.

Reply #819632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The last people that should be blamed for the poor standard of refereeing are those referees still willing to go out there game after game. It's purely the system and people at the top to blame for the lack of training, resources and retainment.

Reply #819633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no education currently in SA

Reply #819637 | Report this post

Junior  
Years ago

Completely agree with everything Hello BSA said. My son competed at this "carnival" over the weekend and went through undefeated. I did explain to him before it got underway that because of Covid this years State Champs is only a carnival. No reward at the end of it, no qualifying for Classics, no qualifying for Nationals .No more different than Starplex, Bearcats carnivals. Go out there and have some fun which he did. Be thankful you are even playing because kids in Melbourne are not. Thankyou BSA for organizing the weekend.

Reply #819704 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:18 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754