Gus3232
Years ago

RIP Stormin Norman Taylor

Sad to read today that one of the 80's and 90's NBL icons passed away suddenly at just 55.

Taylor had a butt that made Tony Ronaldson's posterior look positively dainty and was an utterly dominant low post presence. Tore many teams to shreds with his array of moves and enjoyed the friendly rims at the old Snakepit.

RIP big fella.

Topic #47767 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

RIP Norman! Great guy

Reply #821414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

RIP

Was fun to watch with Illawarra in early 90s

Reply #821415 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Sad to see his passing. He was one of my favourite players to watch, in the late 1980s. Unstoppable in the low post. Apparently also a very nice man off the court. Condolences to his family and friends.

Reply #821422 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Out of interest why did he stop playing after a few years despite living here?

Reply #821427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great guy on and off the court. Taken way to early.

Reply #821431 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Yeah that is way too early :(
RIP, Stormin' Norman
Iconic & popular player in my early years of following the league

Reply #821433 | Report this post

Three to Make Two  
Years ago

@Angus: he was still playing State/Waratah League at least until recently. Was still hard to stop in the post. He settles in the Illawarra ans owned a chicken shop (I think). Met him at a few junior carnivals - his son's played SJL. Always happy to have a chat. I didn't realise he was younger than me :o(

Reply #821741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

RIP

Reply #822542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goat, Rest In Peace, never forgot his roots, true champion of Argentina and Napoli.

Reply #822546 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

RIP Hand of God goal scorer.

Reply #822552 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:27 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754