Denver Nuggets release Torrey Craig to sign Greg Wittington

Shame about Torey, looks like he worked hard to get to the NBA.

Topic #47790 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

*Whittington

Reply #822081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whittington ain't even that good.

Reply #822082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neither is Craig

Reply #822085 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Yet he's managed to start 69 games and averaged over 18mpg in his three NBA seasons *thinking*

Reply #822088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plenty of bum's have better stats than that

Reply #822089 | Report this post

I believe the Denver Nuggets coaches love him

But according to Nuggets forums, he was often their whipping boy

Reply #822090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach loved him so bad he got released

Reply #822091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whittington has had a few great seasons in Europe, did well at the kings in Gazes first season as coach. He's also got length which is a great asset in the nba.

Reply #822093 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

Craig off to Perth

Reply #822100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That makes 22 players who 'Trev' has said will play for Perth this coming season with 7 of them being imports

Reply #822103 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I can faintly remember Whittington when he played for Sydney he'd wanted to have improved a bit since then. Craig will land on another NBA team no worries.

Reply #822104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember Whittington being long and explosive. If he's balanced his game out, I’m not surprised an NBA team has picking him up.

Reply #822118 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He wasn't explosive he was long, soft & mediocre.

He played all 28 games for Sydney in the 2016-17 season (I thought it was longer ago than that) and averaged 11.5 ppg & 6.4 rpg and the Kings went 13-15 and missed the playoffs.

Reply #822120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was very good, first season away from the states unsettled away him away from the court but his play was top rate. I had membership and watched every game, the other import guard was horrible and it was Gazes first year and some of his choices were questionable.

Reply #822123 | Report this post

Reply #822091 that is stock standard in the NBA, coaches basically have zero involvement in roster changes unlike sports in Australia.

Torey Craig was the guy who also missed an open layup for Denver in game 7 in the last possession to ice the game for them, it suggests that he's not skilled enough to be an NBA player for a playoff team.

Reply #822130 | Report this post

Truth Seeker  
Years ago

What a rotten transaction.

Craig > Wittington

Reply #822132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will fit in nicely at Perth with 6 other imports and Blanchfield, Steindl, Lo Buluk and Travers sharing his minutes.
Cheers though Trev.

Reply #822138 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"That makes 22 players who 'Trev' has said will play for Perth this coming season with 7 of them being imports "

Apparently he adopted a cat when he was n Australia.
Under Wildcats rules that qualifies him for Citizenship.

Reply #822150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL1 teams might want to try and get Torey again

Reply #822152 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Torrey Craig has already signed a deal with Milwaukee.

Reply #822153 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Greg Whittington was probably the most important player on that Kings team. During the Kings' hot start he was electric on both ends (although especially on D), and then when we fell off a large part of that was his intensity vanishing. That was a very dysfunctional team though, from all reports.

Reply #822159 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Craig has done enough in the playoffs to keep getting deals as a big wing defender for the next few seasons at least.

Reply #822160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Craig has signed with Milwaukee.

Reply #822163 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Just to be clear, Whittington has signed as a 2-way player, so Craig wasn't cut to sign him. Craig was cut and Whittington was signed as a 2-way player in two completely unrelated moves.

Reply #822164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whittington was talented but lazy when he was in the NBL. I seem to remember one of the commentators saying he was the best import in the league early on but he dropped off badly.

Reply #822171 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:26 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754