pneuma
Years ago

Best option for 5 yo child wanting to try basketball?

What is on offer for young kids in terms of having a little try of basketball? Do associations or other places offer anything for 5 year olds / kids just starting out at school? Keen to support my daughter with her interest but not sure where to start. If it helps, we're in the inner west of Sydney.

My quick google only found "little boomers" but that wasn't nearby.

Appreciate any advice or guidance from those who've tried the same.

Topic #47875 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Years ago

Aussie Hoops is the best way to go. All the best

https://aussiehoops.basketball/

Reply #824374 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Great that such a young kid is already interested in basketball. Good luck with it.

Reply #824384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aussie Hoops - it's the basketball equivalent of Auskick (for AFL)

Reply #824478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These posts make me think. Why not goggle the question. If you go to the trouble of finding this forum and sign up you must be smart enough to goggle your original question.

Anyway yep Aussie Hoops

Reply #824482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Auto correct. Yes Google

Reply #824483 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In this case, they did: "My quick google only found "little boomers" but that wasn't nearby."

Best results in Google are generally from forums anyway, where at least there is some chance you'll get real info rather than PR. Most of my searches (tech stuff, drone, video editing) I append one of: reddit, stack exchange, whirlpool, etc.

Reply #824509 | Report this post

pneuma  
Years ago

Thanks all - will contact the local Aussie Boomers location. And yes, my googling didn't find something age appropriate, appreciate the advice from those in the know.

From a long time lurker (as I guess most forum users are!)

Reply #824549 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Thanks all - will contact the local Aussie Boomers location. And yes, my googling didn't find something age appropriate, appreciate the advice from those in the know.

From a long time lurker (as I guess most forum users are!)

Read the website and learn what the Aussie Hoops program is all about.

Make sure you scroll down the page to get a name and contact number in your area (or put your postcode in the appropriate box).

I've seen many kids who have attended the program. It's a comfortable, learning environment and the kids have heaps of fun (which is the important thing).

All the best to you and your daughter

Reply #824576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So 2 nicks?

Reply #824595 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:16 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754