Jeremy Lin open to leagues outside of CBA/NBA

He would be commanding quite a lot of money but I'm sure Melbourne have some extra money laying around to bring him in lol

Might be on the NBL radar in next couple years

He was on $2mil a season in CBA, could take a paycut as NBL is decent exposure to NBA teams

Topic #47893 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could he sneak in under the "asians are locals" rule. not sure if he's got another passport besides US.

Reply #824910 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The problem is likely to be the cost rather than eligibility. You'd think he was good enough to make it as an import.

Reply #824912 | Report this post

anonball  
Years ago

He has a Taiwanese passport and is playing as a local in CBA so can pull through on the Asian local rule which I feel no clubs utilise

Reply #824914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now if Perth sign him and Broekhoff they can buy another premiership and it's all back to normal. :::))))))

Reply #824917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He has a Taiwanese passport and is playing as a local in CBA so can pull through on the Asian local rule which I feel no clubs utilise" - anonball

United have the Japanese guard Baba.
Is he under the Asian local rule or as next star?

Reply #824919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good exposure for the NBA? Pretty sure everyone in the NBA is aware of Lin you boob.

Reply #824920 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

He would draw big crowds, would be a smart move, but i'm sure would want huge coin

Reply #824923 | Report this post

anonball  
Years ago

are you stupid, obviously the NBA teams know him but I meant keep him in sights of NBA teams further as the NBL has been getting a lot of looks as of late, he expressed he may be looking at leagues outside of NBA CBA, basically Europe or NBL would be the two main places for him to go

who knows a player ownership option like Bogues got might entice some of these guys down to the NBL

Reply #824924 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Yeah and I doubt Lin makes it back to the NBA at this point and imagine he'll just be looking to play out his career somewhere that he can maximise $ and a chance to play

Reply #824925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets could do with a point guard.

Reply #824929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't mind him at Perth but we already have Kevin White.

Reply #824930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won't make NBA and Australia is relatively covid safe. Shame most teams have filled their rosters. The kings are surely the only likely team to be a chance if they put someone on the injured list.

Reply #824932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stupid would be suggesting that by playing in Australia GMs in the NBA might consider putting him on their roster. He's out of the league for a reason. Any stupid boob could reason with that....ya boob

Reply #824943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reports from coming out of Boti's camp about interest from Wildcats

Reply #824953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From lin sanity to Perth? How the mighty have fallen. Dude was a average player who flukes a couple weeks of hot play

Reply #824954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long shot is an understatement by hey crazier things have happened. Would personally love this - he looks to be in serious game shape & is as professional as they come. Would be the best guard in the league along with Cotton.

Reply #824955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Machado ^^^

Reply #824956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was playing as an import (American ) in CBA , had eligibility to gain a Taiwan passport which is why they included him on an expanded roster in the past, but has not acted on it

Reply #825027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has signed in the g league

Reply #825031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deal off

Reply #825472 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754