Teys

Reply #825999 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Hope that Andrew & Neb are both right.

Reply #826002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Superstars Sloan and Crocker will battle out for MVP.

Reply #826003 | Report this post

BENSON  
Years ago

BENSON MAKES A MID SEASON SIGNING RETURN PLAY FOR BRISBANE WINS MVP WITH HARRY FROLING AHA

Reply #826006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton if not injured.

Reply #826016 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I think Cotton will struggle if Perth can't put another scorer on the floor with him. He's not going to be efficient within our current roster so I've got no issue at all with people nominating non-Cats MVPs.

Reply #826019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fat frolling

Reply #826039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopson for me.

Reply #826040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would have thought Machado would be the favourite this year

Reply #826043 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Luuuc, isn't that what Steindle and Blanchfield are there for? Even play different spots so that they can be the other or couple of scorers, on the floor, with him. And Norton showed, during the pre-season, that he can score too. That's 4 scorers, who could play together.

[Now for a 5-man who can rim-protect and swat at one end, and a stretch on offence with a deadly 3.]

Sarcasm aside, I do see a weakness. Obviously, with Damo gone their (Perth's) defence is going to suffer, but by much more that a 1-position player should be responsible for. Damo made Perth's defence and he made it good, real good. Norton, possibly the next best defender, now their best defender and Wagstaff, doesn't make the team look so defensively scary. They still have Trev though.

Reply #826045 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Creek

Reply #826047 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Machado in his 2nd season should be phenomenal. And a couple of new imports across the league that could be exceptional.

Cotton is the incumbent, but that just means that from game one teams will be planning on how to shut him down.
And yes, he needs some solid scoring partners, and only time will tell who they will be.

Reply #826051 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Are the Sixers imports even here yet?

Reply #826059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sloan arrived in Adelaide today

Reply #826061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casper could be worth a few dollars. Steindl as a really roughly.

Reply #826062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fat frolling

Reply #826084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Assuming he's healthy the entire season, Hopson will take out the MVP IMO

Reply #826093 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

MVP. What does it stand for? I know the letters stand for Most Valuable Player, but to whom? To the team, the league? Consequently, it can be evaluated differently.

As an eg., the comment above qualifies that Hopson, if healthy, will win that award. I ask, what if while he is healthy and the Breakers are winning and he gets un-healthy, and they start losing? Does that not show an immense value in him being there?

Melo was also an example of this. He plays, the hawks win some games, he pulls the pin, they lose more, is he not worth serious consideration for his value to his team [and in his case, he was also a tremendous value to the league!].

But you're right, if he [and all else in same situation] ain't playing, he[they] will be overlooked!

Reply #826130 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Oooops! "and the Breakers are winning and he gets un-healthy,", should
"and the Breakers are winning and then he gets un-healthy,".

That's better.

Reply #826131 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Hopson is signed with Melbourne not NZ, Breakers signed Lamar Patterson

Reply #826136 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

'Course, sorry and thanks!

Reply #826177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cam Oliver or Scotty Hopson

Reply #826178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh Giddey

Reply #826180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this a guessing competition?

Reply #826186 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Lamar Patterson has been playing Finals with his team in Puerto Rico so he should turn up in decent shape ready to play vs previous seasons where he had to play himself into shape.
Hopson if healthy all season would be a pretty good chance at MVP and Scott Machado won't be a slouch either but one of the new crop of imports may just turn out to be a stud and steal the show.

Reply #826192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casper, got to prove a point.

Reply #826200 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:55 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754