Anon
Years ago

NBL1 player questioned over death

https://www.news.com.au/national/western-australia/man-on-scooter-wanted-for-questioning-after-body-found-in-perth-home/news-story/9b1e9f803671073ad7fef19a59fba1eb

Topic #47942 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Name of player in West nbl 1 thread.

Reply #826437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

already covered. See the original topic rather that start another one.

Reply #826439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the OP didn't see the late addition to thread about West nbl1 which is understandable. Perfectly fine to start a new thread IMO. And he's now in custody btw.

Reply #826448 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Also, subjects can have their own threads. Otherwise why not just have one thread called "Basketball Discussion" and keep everything there?

Reply #826452 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Reply #826453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Koberulz for letting us know.
#gratefulforyouonhoops.com

Reply #826455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes thanks to Dr Kobe.

Reply #826464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was the same article the OP posted with just an update, great investigative journalism by KR again. Facepalm!

Reply #826466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe with the hyperlink though, just looking out for us all

Reply #826470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which has already been posted on here. Duh.

Reply #826472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not like koberulz to make a stuff up.
Perhaps he is human.

Correct the OP had already posted the link.

Reply #826473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

f**k yeah, thx sylar

Reply #826483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/breaking-news/semiprofessional-basketballer-charged-after-womans-body-found-in-perth-home/news-story/1ae2a93d0432331a0d02c7e427bec37f

Reply #826498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some peoples obsession with koberulz is a little bit frightening.

Reply #826502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares about KR!!

This is a shocking event that shouldn't be trampled over by your pettiness.

Reply #826515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I suppose nbl1 is semi professional.
Koberulz is harmless guys.

Reply #826528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dr Kobe the forums wanker.

Reply #826533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He hasn't played one NBL1 game yet

Reply #826534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is unlikely too now.

Reply #826535 | Report this post

Tjamu  
Years ago

the person played for UNC??

Is this legit, or is this a typo from a journo not knowing the difference between some school probably called the "North Carolina University of Agriculture, Lawnmowing and Woodworking" and the UNC?

Reply #826558 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It's yet another lazy journalist lacking basic research skills - he played for UNC-Asheville not the UNC.

Reply #826560 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

"He played for UNC-Asheville not the UNC-Chapel Hill"

Fixed.

Reply #826566 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

On another note, I can't stand the click bait nature of using hobby to define someone as in this case. The fact he plays some part time basketball is completely irrelevant to the case. The same thing happened recently when a man who plays suburban footy assaulted a woman and headlines read "AFL player faces assault charge" or "Footy player to face court" etc. Thats the real bad journalism

Reply #826567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah he played SEABL for NW Thunder. SEABL was way better than NBL 1

Reply #826568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth Wildcats have deleted all the tweets and Facebook posts involving Pal.

Reply #826569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you put in Chudier Pal and Wildcats in google images you can see the old tweets they have now deleted.
He was more than just a "suburban footy player" lol.

Reply #826570 | Report this post

Wa bball fan  
Years ago

Confirming for anyone on the east coast Pal was up until a couple of years ago a genuine chance of cracking an NBL contract, a four year player at a division 1 college and ncaa tournament qualifier and a train on player with the wildcats

Reply #826572 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Sad for the poor lady an her family

Reply #826573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Journalism isn't what it used to be.
The fact he was a basketball player of sorts shouldn't matter.

Reply #826576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's what journalists do, someone already said it, clickbait. As basketball is our interest of course we will want to read the article more than if it was just a man wanted in connection to suspicious death.

Reply #826581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cram's point is that his basketball career is completely irrelevant to the alleged murder. His psychotic episode is of more concern.

Reply #826582 | Report this post

Wa bball fan  
Years ago

It's about giving context and an element of relatability to story’s subjects. Would you read a news story that simply read "woman murdered by man."

Reply #826583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes. I'd read the story before I knew he was a basketball player. It provides zero context to the incident.

Reply #826584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember when adelaidenow allowed you to read 2 or 3 articles for free per day when they entered digital market. You sure as hell made sure you were picking something you were interested in. If there were 2 murders reported on, one with "Adelaide man wanted in murder inquiry " or "Local basketball star person of interest in womans death" i guarentee you would pick the latter, mainly to see who they were. Its human nature. But of course ***cough, bullshit *** you aren't one of those people.

Reply #826585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah yes, of course I only read news websites that allow a maximum of two free articles a day. There is literally no other way to consume news these days.

Reply #826588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Akol Deng got arrested

Reply #826593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What for??

Reply #826594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was talking about years ago and simply if you were given an option of only having to have a limited choice you would go for the one of more interest to you.
As for Akol, it was assault police. He will contest the charge.

Reply #826605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wasn't given an option though. I saw an article with a headline about a suspicious fire, which was later updated to a body being found inside the burned house. I read them both. It wasn't until after that did they update the article and headlines to mention his basketball career.

Reply #826613 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:23 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754