Mo
Years ago

Donald Sloan MVP prediction

Pretty clear from how he looked Donald Sloan is dialed in and ready to go.

I reckon he will dominate and take out the MVP.

Experienced NBA vet, this pissant league will be nothing to him.

Topic #47965 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Troll warning!

Reply #827305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree. He's going to dominate.

Reply #827310 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

This pissant league will be nothing to him

He may well be in MVP contention. We will see.

Your comment shows you know nothing about the NBL though and trolling is for people with no lives

Reply #827311 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Shouldn't the MVP go to a player in an undefeated team?

Reply #827312 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Shouldn't the MVP go to a player in an undefeated team?

Not necessarily. Rob Rose won it in 1993 :-)

Reply #827314 | Report this post

Mo  
Years ago

Uhh it's still a pissant league when your soft cap is $1.1mil Australian and 350K is considered highly paid. The talent pool here is so shallow.

Most Euroleagues have a much greater pool of talent and can obviously afford players that are either ex-NBA or fringe NBA.

Those players that are fringe Euroleague end up here... next stars see this league as a place they can be noticed and get away from the clutter of European leagues.

Sloan was a decent backup in the NBA, age doesn't take away skill or basketball IQ and Sloan never relied on athleticism in the NBA.

Big-bodied guard who can score and facilitate, any clown who visits this page knows if he wants to he could average 20+ points a night. He obviously won't face anywhere near the calibre of defenders he had guard him in the NBA.

Reply #827315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vic Law might have something to say about that

Reply #827316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So might Tate

Reply #827317 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Lol

Reply #827319 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Most Euroleagues have a much greater pool of talent and can obviously afford players that are either ex-NBA or fringe NBA.

Four players have gone from the NBL to the NBA this offseason alone LaMelo Ball, RJ Hampton, Jae'Sean Tate and Will Magnay.

These new players have played in the NBA before so see the NBL as potentially a stepping stone back into the NBA: Jarell Martin, Orlando Johnson, Vic Law, Donald Sloan.

Other guys on NBL teams who have played in the NBA before include: Bryce Cotton, Miles Plumlee, Isaac Humphries, Nathan Jawai, Scott Machado, Casper Ware, Deng Adel, David Andersen, Scotty Hopson, Mitch Creek and Lamar Patterson. Andrew Bogut only just retired too.

In other words, Go away troll.

Reply #827320 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Uhh it's still a pissant league when your soft cap is $1.1mil Australian and 350K is considered highly paid. The talent pool here is so shallow.

Those players that are fringe Euroleague end up here... next stars see this league as a place they can be noticed and get away from the clutter of European leagues.

Sloan was a decent backup in the NBA, age doesn't take away skill or basketball IQ and Sloan never relied on athleticism in the NBA.

Big-bodied guard who can score and facilitate, any clown who visits this page knows if he wants to he could average 20+ points a night. He obviously won't face anywhere near the calibre of defenders he had guard him in the NBA.

Haters are going to hate. Watch Euroleague then. It's on NBL.tv

Reply #827321 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Other guys on NBL teams who have played in the NBA before include: Bryce Cotton, Miles Plumlee, Isaac Humphries, Nathan Jawai, Scott Machado, Casper Ware, Deng Adel, David Andersen, Scotty Hopson, Mitch Creek and Lamar Patterson. Andrew Bogut only just retired too.

I forgot Cameron Bairstow too.

Reply #827323 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

I dont think anyone is arguing that Euroleague isnt better than the NBL.

But the NBL is clearly a highly talented league, rated in the top 10 domestic leagues by most experts.

Look at how guys like Ennis, Wilbekin, Ingles, Tate have gone in the NBA and Euroleague after playing in the NBL, which indicates that NBL players averaging around 15-20 PPG are around as good/better than some players playing in the NBA or Euroleague, but may just not be as big, as athletic or have the specific skill sets that NBA/Euroleague clubs are looking for.

Guys like Cotton, Sloan, Moore, J Martin, Machado, Landale, have all had stints in the NBA and/or Euroleague and some of them may be able to get back their after a strong NBL season. So the NBL does have some world class talents.

So yes Euroleague and NBA are better, but the NBL is no joke league either

Reply #827324 | Report this post

Mo  
Years ago

Those names. Do you think they'd be playing here if they got an offer elsewhere. No. China's B-League can pay triple what we pay.

They play here because the game style is closer to the NBA format. Euroleague offers a much more physical style.

Reply #827325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Euro league is the top league in Europe played by the best teams from European nations. Most euro domestic leagues have a few top teams but not that strong leagues. Lithuania is a classic example where one team continually wins and another runs second most seasons while the rest battle for minor places. As a league for equality the nbl is in the top five if not higher, and yes the nbl has less teams. As for money Europe does offer more but and in most cases it's tax free and in US dollars, but over the last few seasons has got a lot closer between nbl and euro club teams. A lot of European nations actually pay less, there are about only six to ten that pay more.

Reply #827329 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

It's the school holidays still. NBL is a fantastic league full of talented players. I hope Sloan has an MVP caliber season, he will have to for the 6ers to be competitive!

Reply #827333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure I'd clarify Landales $800,000 buyout pissant. One can only imagine they negotiated down but still, they’ve put down some serious cash just to sign him.

Reply #827341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He will have to for the sixers to be competitive" and why would that be? They have one of the best rosters this season with many options.

Reply #827346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah, MVP gonna be Anthony Drmic. In his season preview, Olgun called him the league's best sharpshooter.

Reply #827347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The best sharpshooter is the guy that killed Nick Martin lol

Reply #827351 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Not sure who said the NBL was better than NBA or Euroleague like... ever...

And I am not sure why it matters. But no, Donald Sloan wont be MVP.

Reply #827360 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I don't think the 36ers record will help his MVP chances.

Reply #827362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sloan's good. But far too early to be talking MVP.

Landale, Hopson, Cotton, Sykes, Patterson, maybe one of the Webster bros, Machado, Oliver, J Martin, are all guys that could have potentially big seasons. Your teammates play a big role, both in taking away votes but also supporting you on the journey. And while the Sixers, I think, are an improvement on last year, just how much they have improved in a league where almost everyone is improving is still questionable.

Reply #827373 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

When was the last time the Sixers had an MVP?

Reply #827376 | Report this post

The Ibek-Way  
Years ago

Randle in like 2017, 2018 or whatever right?
before that Mark Davis?

Reply #827377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, no reference to Homicides no cupcake league or whatever he says.

Reply #827383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last time I watched Sloan he was slow as hell.

Another steve Blake.

Reply #827393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last time you watched Sloan he was slow? Lol. Only a halfwit who has just discovered basketball would conjure up that line. Hey junior, basketball doesn't run on "being fast" you can be as athletic as you want but if you don't have the skill you've got no chance anywhere. Now go back to sniffing your mommy's panties.

Reply #827395 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It was love at first sight. What a sight!

Reply #827399 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Another great anon post. Sloan has already shown more in one pre-season game than Blake did in his entire time with the Kings lol

Reply #827401 | Report this post

Truth Seeker  
Years ago

Best NBL import since Nate Driggers and Matt Nover

Reply #827506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we bring Blake back them, lmao. :)

Reply #827840 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Thanks Mo, I needed a Good laugh.

Reply #827883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sloan looked like shit tonight. Only thing saving him is that Crocker looked even worse.

Reply #827908 | Report this post

Jazr  
Years ago

Certainly didn't look like an MVP candidate tonight. Surprised he has played in the NBA based on that performance. Looks a bit overweight, slow with poor decision making and skills.

Reply #827913 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Could be he has mentally retired, and thought this league would be a doddle

Reply #827920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another 30 something NBA player here for a holiday.

Reply #827922 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Definitely was not impressed by Adelaide at all tonight, especially in the second half.

I thought that Adelaide had the worst roster the past few seasons but my expectations of them this season much much higher. Dech needs to find his role ASAP because he deserves minutes but looked lost. DJ was by far the only offensive threat tonight and Humphries looks like he's missed a lot of basketball...

But Sloan for NBL MVP sure isn't happening going on that performance.

I think Perth and Adelaide play in round 2 (unless it's been changed) and that will be a big game as the loser will be under increased pressure from the media, especially in Adelaide with their imports (Perth you feel are delighted with Cotton and Mooney).

Reply #827924 | Report this post

Sloan is terrible

Reply #828239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure what's worse, Donald Sloan's game or the MVP prediction in this thread.

Sloan had to be benched in OT in favour of the likes of Teys and Dillon.

Reply #828259 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sloan had to be benched in OT in favour of the likes of Teys and Dillon.

Yep, when Teysie owns you like a biatch, you know you need to improve

Reply #828261 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's been said, but if Teys is getting played ahead of you in an overtime situation, you have a lot of improving to do.

(Teys played well in the bits I saw. Always underrated.)

Reply #828264 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Teys played a whole lot better than Sloan, this game.
( Humphries very good, much better than I expected he could be)

Reply #828266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The real question is how did Sloan play over 2000 NBA games

Reply #828272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how's that prediction going now Mo?

Reply #828518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He played 218 games in the NBA.
I understand your typo #272 :)
Koberulz would have a field day telling you that you're wrong.

Reply #828519 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

This thread aged about as well as a Trump tweet

Reply #828520 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"I reckon he will dominate and take out the MVP.

Experienced NBA vet, this pissant league will be nothing to him."

It's fun reading this and pondering over how Sloan is actually probably going to be the first import shown the door .... hahahaha.
Come back, Mo and tell us more!

Reply #828617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He'd struggle in nbl1. Lol.

Reply #828619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kobe who?

Reply #828666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide hyping up his guys to get attention/followers

Reply #828671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not only homicide that hypes his guys up, they all do it, Heal last season as bad. Frolings the Gasol brothers and don’t get me started on others. I wish they would just commentate the game, if some players are doing great give them a rap, but the same guys always get the plaudits.

Reply #828679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sacked after 6 games.

Reply #831174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was it a homicide call on mvp. If so he should go with Sloan and take those other two last night with him.

Reply #831208 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:19 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754