nz nbl
Years ago

NZ NBL League ALERT - NBA Player and Prospect Signings

Josh Selby signing
https://twitter.com/nznbl/status/1349869801640869889/photo/1

what level what we put the NZNBL this is a decent signing, wonder how much they would be paying him and this TOP 10 GLeague drafted player

Brooks
https://t.co/MMlv6hPs4s?amp=1

Topic #47981 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball is on the rise in NZ. Still far behind AU and not catching up because AU is also improving, but definitely making big strides. That's evident in the number of Kiwi players being picked up by ANBL clubs.

Reply #827793 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

Josh Selby has played NBA games, but that was seven years ago. He hasn't completed a season with a team in two years. Definitely a NZNBL import, but the pedigree oversells his ability.

I've always thought the top four of the NZNBL was slightly higher than NBL1 North/South, with the bottom four generally worse than most teams in NBL1. Quite a disparity that a salary cap is supposedly attempting to address, but this may just dilute the league with the financial challenges.

Reply #827929 | Report this post

Nbl1 official  
Years ago

I would be interested in a crossover NBL1 vs NZ NBL mini tournament or the champion of the end of year NBL1 tournament plays against the NZ NBL winner

Reply #827964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nznbl will be missing there nbl players for a fair hunk of the season like nbl1 due to nbl most likely going into June.

Reply #827970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another fringe NBA talent Kerwin Roach signed elite athlete

Armoni Brooks as well

League definitely picked up some high caliber imports this season, might have to watch

Reply #828515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely going to be one of its best years next season

Reply #828523 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

The league looks to comprise non-NBL talent given the crossover (suspect Vodanovich will be back in time), which significantly hampers the Nuggets' chances of repeating with their big 3 all in Cairns.

Rams already lining up a 'Big 4' DeShon Taylor, Taylor Britt, EJ Singler and Jack Salt, and it wouldn't surprise me if they picked up either Karena, Rusbatch or Quinn Clinton in the NCAA offseason. Saints to have a NZNBL starting 5 lined up too. Sharks have Alex Pledger but their imports don't raise eyebrows.

Reply #828550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With a good quality of imports you'll see some good Aussie also want to come down after ANBL season is over

Reply #828635 | Report this post

anon 123  
Years ago

These imports could be seen as back up options for under performing imports especially the ones able to get into NZ earlier will be easier to get for cheap, already have done quarantine etc

Reply #828639 | Report this post

anon 123  
Years ago

I can even see it work the other way where some cut NBL imports might get taken in NBL1 or NZNBL

Reply #828642 | Report this post

anon 123  
Years ago

I can see brooks getting onto a roster in nbl

Reply #828643 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Anon 123, "I can see brooks getting onto a roster in nbl".

Is Brooks the American who played for the Gong? I thought his career was over with that injury (knee??).

Reply #828664 | Report this post

anon 123  
Years ago

meant armoni brooks guy had some 40pt games in GLeague got drafted top 10 for the GLeegue bubble

Reply #828669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brooks & Taylor I can see on NBL rosters next season .. Believe Taylor has to show a bounce back after getting waived by 36ers

The role with Kings showed he's team guy and not about himself but he’ll have to show more to get back to NBL which he’s capable of, great college stats and wasn’t playing scrubs

Martin Twins (Nevada) - Hornets
McDaniels (SDSU) - Hornets
Watson (Teammate) - Raptors
James (Wyoming) - Kings
Merrill (Utah State) - Bucks
Jessup & Hutchinson (Boise State) Warriors/Bulls

More guys on G League Rosters

Reply #828670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aaron Brooks got hurt last season with Hawks
Armoni Brooks a younger NBA Prospect

Reply #828672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taylor was great at the end of his stint at the kings.

Reply #828675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another semi-big name signing Texas guard Kerwin Roach an elite athlete played in the G League last season

Reply #828832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taylor did come into himself at the end of the season but has the prove more

Reply #828900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well we will NOT be seeing Armoni Brooks suit up with the Huskies, seeing that he just signed a two-way deal with the Houston Rockets. Now teammates with Jae'Sean Tate

Reply #841060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huskies pay their players now?

Reply #841069 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:56 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754