Jack Toft
Years ago

Brisbane v Illawarra Jan 21

Forget about a Melbourne undefeated season, let's start talking about a Hawks undefeated season. Tonight we will found out if the are the great pretenders, or whether they are the real deal.

A 4 point win over the much more flamboyant Bullets outfit has made people sit up, then they backed it up blowing away Cairns in the pop-up in the middle of Kimi, look at me, is what they said to Cairns, I am the captain now.

Gorj is back in the NBL and the NBL without Gorj is like the White House without some rich old white dude as the man with his finger on the nuclear launch codes. He's running his squad like Ant Middleton from the SAS.

Brisbane are below Adelaide at the moment and might stay there for a little while longer as Illawarra is a hot spot on and off the court.

Hawks by 2

Topic #47997 | Report this topic

Years ago

Bairstow and Deng Adel out again. Should be a close one.

Reply #828654 | Report this post

Vodka 42  
Years ago

Hawks outs
Deng Adel
Cameron Bairstow

Brisbane outs
Tanner Krebs
Orlando Johnson ??
Matt Hodgson ??

Reply #828655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any word of Orlando Johnson & Hodgson are playing? What even was the injury Johnson had?

Reply #828657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Johnson's NBL debut was cut short on Saturday when he suffered a hyper-extended elbow in Brisbane’s 90-84 loss to the Hawks."

Reply #828659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'He's running his squad like Ant Middleton from the SAS.'
:)

Reply #828661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane to win, I see Sobey and H Froling having a big game.

Reply #828681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should be fast game. In first game have good pace. I see over 190+. What you think?

Reply #828683 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

"look at me, is what they said to Cairns, I am the captain now."

Don't stop being you Jack, love it.

Reply #828684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any word on Johnson or Hodgson? Where is the best place for that info from the Bullets? The Hawks clear and transparent re their injuries.

Reply #828693 | Report this post

Brisbane should get up.
At full strength for both teams would pick Hawks.

Reply #828701 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Gonna be interesting to see what SBS show tonight...

Reply #828775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cam Luke, Homicide and Hooley. FFS mute

Reply #828777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great crowd lol.

Reply #828778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sbs screening good, about time.

Brisbane looking good.

Reply #828782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ogilvy has wasted half of his career because of bad coaching, been great under the great Goorgian.

Reply #828785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks winning the chip

Reply #828787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get rid of Johnson ASAP. Need a broekhoff.

Reply #828789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure what the line was but if it was indeed at 190 as suggested by anon 693 but if it was that’s the under everyday of the week, especially for a goorj coached team missing two scorers

Reply #828791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who the hell thought reviewing every single thing would be a good idea? Terrible watching.

Reply #828794 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Points over/under line was set at 179.5.

Reply #828796 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

"Who the hell thought reviewing every single thing would be a good idea? Terrible watching."

Sorta agree but also shows up the mistakes that refs do make.

Ergo, if the refs actually reach the levels required, we may also get fewer reviews and everyone's happy.

Reply #828797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane really lacking a shot maker like Patterson. I dont think in this league a 2 Aussie back court is really effective. Too much to be gotten from import guards. Cadee should really be bench material, his 3 was off the mark and confidence shot.

Reply #828800 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Hawks going to give the playoffs a firm shake if they can keep a healthy roster.

Really like the spread of talent across all positions. Goor has done a remarkable recruiting job, Harvey is a stud.

X Factor is Ogilvy who was literally an afterthought on the roster when it was compiled, but has shown he's still got plenty left in the tank.

Reply #828815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some idiot said "I hate the boring games that Goorjian coaches.

Reply #828818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Illawara will be the team name again shortly.

Reply #828821 | Report this post

Years ago

Yes, Goorj gained instant legend with saying to the NBL give the name back. AJ nodding as he is saying that.

Reply #828849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goorgian is a great coach, he hasn't got anything to do with the name change, money has. They have sold hardly any memberships, only a few corporate. The owner in Australia in discussion with the former main sponsor to try and get back on board. Homicide was on the money last night.

Reply #828851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the Illawarra mercury as I write. LaMelo Ball mate who wanted the hawks is back on board. It's looking like the only one with any coin in the new owners is the American dude. Let’s get Ball back involved next season with his contacts and his mate from MCR.

Reply #828864 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

X Factor is Ogilvy

Man, I've always put him in the "talented, but lazy" category. Gorj seems to have a rocket up his butt because he was firing last night

Reply #828869 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

AJ is like a Wortho but in reverse.

Reply #828892 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:02 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754