everybody45
Years ago

singing the national anthem

i was wondering if there was someone i could get in contact with regarding singing the national anthem before the 36ers game.

Topic #4804 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone at BASA............

You, the performer, need to pay an admission fee to enter the stadium, then an appearance fee to appear in front of the Dome audience and then a microphone/PA system hire fee. The applause you get for free if you sing well, otherwise Crowd Controllers (Security) are also an extra charge.

All fees are payable in advance to BASA, non refundable and will go towards "development" of Basketball!

PS Please arrange your own insurance!

Reply #55355 | Report this post

ashman  
Years ago

I think this line

All fees are payable in advance to BASA, non refundable and will go towards "development" of Basketball!

Should read

All fees are payable in advance to BASA, non refundable and will go towards referee "development" of Basketball!

Reply #55362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get Booga to sing it with the other seals as back up singers!

Reply #55393 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Is it just my impression or am I being unreasonable in saying that the Navy Seals really don't do enough to entertain the crowd. While they don't get paid to do what they do, I thought the whole idea was that they would volunteer their time to help create a more exciting atmosphere at the games. They don't need to do things that take a lot of rehearsal but generally making more noise. Bring in the drums, the trumpets, make off putting remarks when the opposition is making foul shots (all within the rules off course). Just make their presence felt a bit more. Their giant tissue box and their 0.7 sign were great but most of the time you don't know they are there. When they have posters and giant tissue boxes etc. I would like to see them walking around the court at time out and in between quarters holding these things up to stir excitement amongst the crowd. I'm not being critical, just making suggestions.

Reply #55395 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Also, I would like to see them change ends at half time so they are always sitting at the oppostion's goal end. That way they are in their faces all the time.

Reply #55396 | Report this post

Skip  
Years ago

Hey EC
Not being unreasonable at all. We have got a few things in store for the coming games. Things like drums and trumpets are also likely to appear as well. As for walking around the court during the time outs with banners and things, I think that would be a little unfair on the sixer girls. As for swapping ends, the cheer squad is situated at the other end. Plus I wanna be close to the sixers end for some of the games especially with Oscar throwing down a few nice dunks recently. Its good to be at the oppostions ned in the 2nd half though when it really matters. If you do have any suggestions post them at any time, all would be considered.
Cya at the game.
Skip.

Reply #55400 | Report this post

mum  
Years ago

I think the navy seals are doing a great job getting the crowd involved. They have created a bit of a carnival atmosphere out the front before the games the kids are loving shooting hoops with them. They are making plenty of off putting remarks to the opposition ask Melvin Thomas what he thought of them !!! I take my hat off to the navy seals, good fun guys, keep up the good work.

Reply #55406 | Report this post

everybody45  
Years ago

so, can someone answer my question pleasE???

Reply #55409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd say you should get in touch with Paul Bauer at the club.
Can you sing?

Reply #55410 | Report this post

everybody45  
Years ago

not me, a friend of mine: who is a singer.

Thanks, will e-mail him.

Reply #55412 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

MMMMMEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLVVVVVVIN!

Go the navy seals, maybe get those thunder-stix!

Reply #55503 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:01 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754