https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2020/02/men-olympic-finalists.aspx

Topic #48053 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully the best don't drop out.

Reply #830817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If corona is going gang busters in Japan, I could see a lot players pulling out from a fair few teams, certainly the US.

Reply #830820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol, I'd rather be in Japan than the USA.

Reply #830822 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulz  
Years ago

Assuming the full squad is available:

Curry / Irving
Harden / Lillard
Leonard / George
James / Durant
Davis / Drummond

Paul / Tatum (then Thompson, Butler, Beal)

I would have picked KD to start over Leonard but I think he would be more "willing" to start on the bench over Leonard.

I think the actual squad will be more like what played in the FIBA WC. With the quicker start to the NBA season and the proximity of finals to the Olympics, I think none of James, Davis, Durant, Harden, Irving, Leonard, George will be available. Klay also won't play coming off 2 missed seasons. Curry, Paul, Butler, Conley, Westbrook, Love, Oladipo, Lowry, Derozan (maybe Pop talks him into playing) Drummond, Aldridge and Howard probably opt out also even though some have stated their "intention" to play (mix of age, fatigue, going into FA etc.).

A more realistic squad?

Lillard / Mitchell
Beal / Booker
Ingram / Middleton
Tatum / T. Harris
Adebayo / Turner

Walker / Lopez

Struggled with the 12th man. Wanted to put in Hayward but selected Lopez only because they were looking real thin at the PF/C position for size. May need to come up against a Gobert or Jokic.

Reply #830825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ if everyone is available, there is no way Drummond ever gets picked ahead of Adebayo

Reply #830826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The link at the top isn't valid... that list came out a year ago

Reply #830827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

USA will dominate

Reply #830831 | Report this post

Musk  
Years ago

You'd assume that considering the nba finals will end just days before the Olympics some of their bigger name guys will be out. I’d go as far to say that likely players from both sets of conference finals won’t play. So right away there you’d think that’d be Lebron, Davis, Kawhi, George, Irving, Harden, Durant and then depending who the other east team potentially the stars from that team which could end up being, Butler and Adebeyo, or Tatum and Brown, or Middleton. And on top of all that how guys feel about COVID and leaving their families and injures. Ultimately however they’ll still be the favourites considering their talent depth and coaching depth

Reply #830839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers are chance of playing in the big dance and winning it. If so I'd think Simmons could be doubtful and understandably so, it would have been a long campaign.

Reply #830843 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

Trae somehow getting the shaft behind Derrick White, Dwight Howard, Plumblee, McGee, Lopez, Kuzma. How many mediocre bigs do you need

Reply #830863 | Report this post

Ryan  
Years ago

Wait, this article is a year old. There have been a few additions since this thankfully

Reply #830865 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:20 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754