Jack Toft
Years ago

Adelaide v Sydney Feb 6

Sixers with 3 wins on the trot are looking to make it four in a row. When was the last time that happened? I think Brett Maher still had colour in his hair. The dynamic dual of Giddey and Humphries are putting on a show at the moment and getting the job done. Look out Toyko 2020, no 2021, 2022?

Oh but Sydney, what can you say except "Hello Dexter Kernich-Drew". He's been added as an injury cover for Angus Glover and with Adelaide reported as having the most serial killers per head of population, his late nights boat trips out into the gulf haven't gone un-noticed.

At 1 and 3 Sydney would be keen to finish their road journey on a high, and the way Dejan Vasiljevic was throwing around that nut the last game I bet whatever ice Dexter has left over they have had Dejan's hands on that ice for fear of him injuring them. Andrew Bogut spending the week following him around opening doors for him and other personal tasks. Coles and Woolies have reported shortages of cotton wool and bubble wrap. No vegetarian curries for Sydney during the week.

Probably the big Q this game. Should we put a fork in Casper? Is he done, or will he come back strongly and show the Adelaide crowd just why he is in the league.

Oh....you all know where my loyalties lie and you know I not giving a kiss of death....

Topic #48060 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings rim defence is woeful, there new five man Martin and Hunter just don't do it, Humphries will eat them. Kings defence from last season has deteriorated all round as well. Two or three players are taking all the shots, is this a coaching tactic or selfishness.

Adelaide are making all the right moves and game adjustment and very team first nature. I just cannot see Sydney anywhere in this. Dare I say it while neither Sixers imports have been A plus, Ware and Martin haven’t either. Adelaide by eleven.

Reply #830999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two or three are taking all the shots. Yeah and? Who else do you want shooting it? Moller?

Reply #831000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I want the person open to shoot it, not some miracle attempt. If DJ don't shoot as good as he has, kings would get smashed, you can’t keep that up.

Reply #831002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ shot 3/12 from 3pt? What game where you watching?

Reply #831014 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Humphries, Humphries and Humphries.

The Kings don't have anyone that can guard him so just let him go to work. Hopefully this time the Sixers handle the Kings presses a bit better.

Sixers by 9

Reply #831015 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Kings by a ransom

Reply #831021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He could not miss from the two, he had 28 points, you probably missed that part. Martin @ 19 and 9 has good stats but his defence last week was non existent. He'll have to improve.

Reply #831022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley and Moller off the bench if stats list is right.

Reply #831068 | Report this post

#FreeRiceJnr  
Years ago

I wish the commentary team told me how old Giddey is...

Reply #831071 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What is on pinders head?

Reply #831075 | Report this post

Tdub  
Years ago

Anybody know what's up with D Slone?

Reply #831078 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Ummm. Is Pinder wearing a wig?

Reply #831080 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

What is on pinders head?

I'm not sure but it's there to distract us from his distinct lack of game.

Reply #831081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pinder is garbage

Reply #831082 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Never underestimate his ability to F things up

Reply #831083 | Report this post

Trueblue  
Years ago

Sixerz will rally... don't become doubters... DJ Giddey - let's not muddy the waters.... like see Mud into rotation- forget Pinder...McVay maybe Teys to provide a little speak for DJ Giddey explosion....
Kings are chockers--

Reply #831084 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

At 1 and 3 Sydney would be keen to finish their road journey on a high, and the way Dejan Vasiljevic was throwing around that nut the last game I bet whatever ice Dexter has left over they have had Dejan's hands on that ice for fear of him injuring them. Andrew Bogut spending the week following him around opening doors for him and other personal tasks. Coles and Woolies have reported shortages of cotton wool and bubble wrap. No vegetarian curries for Sydney during the week.

Please stop.

Reply #831086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Commentator ask Martin you three fouls you got turn down his defence, he has to learn to play defence. He's a starter and is -7, yes he can score but defensively rubbish.
Adelaide got this.

Reply #831090 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

One thing I noticed in the NBL this season, - the sillier their hair, the worse they play.

Reply #831091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dech play your role wtf are you doing.

Reply #831092 | Report this post

Trueblue  
Years ago

Sixers with some composure - kings will falter.. sixerz depth important and much deeper...

Reply #831093 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Taking the piss.

Adelaide looking very average

Reply #831094 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Pinder is auctioning for next uncle drew movie

Reply #831096 | Report this post

Trueblue  
Years ago

14 to 4.. No I had Sixers with the run... where did i go wrong...

Reply #831097 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Very worrying signs for the Sixers if they can't beat a severely depleted Kings side. Plus nearly 20 points down to boot.

Reply #831098 | Report this post

Trueblue  
Years ago

Gutted.. how has this happened... now Sloan out... is experience the calming factor... leadership ... bonus onya Mudjonja - take ever opportunity.... never saw this coming.. maybe after first game Of season but huge step followed.. hope glitch not pattern...

Reply #831102 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

You shouldn't be shocked - the two overtime wins provided against weak opponents created a lot of false hope on here and padded the wins column. 20+ loss at home against a poor injury riddled team, oh my, away games are going to be ugly.

Reply #831103 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

19 point loss my apologies.

Reply #831105 | Report this post

Dreamweaver  
Years ago

Lol lucky none of y'all professional critics work for Sportsbet. Nice win for the Kings.

Reply #831106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clasper said it at end, kings played defence, Hunter stood up as well. Bruce and Moller do the 1%ers, the shit you get no rewards for. Dejan looks like he's going to be a very good all round player and not just a shooter.
As soon as I picked Sixers they were f..ked.

Reply #831108 | Report this post

Tooty  
Years ago

Wtf was wrong with Humphries- why did we go away from one of our key important strength ... good things happen when big man has the ball...
Ware gets hot against .....

Reply #831111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" You shouldn't be shocked - the two overtime wins provided against weak opponents created a lot of false hope on here and padded the wins column."

Yep. Win one against the Breakers was also very lucky. 36ers are better than last year but some were getting far too excited. When they get onto the road it's going to get harder and I feel that teams will work out how to limit Humpheries as the season goes on.

Reply #831112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Pinder lose a bet?

Reply #831113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's hard to keep winning, Sixers still look better than they have for a few seasons. Not certain why Johnson and Humphries were kept so quiet today. Martin was on early fouls and should have been targeted more.

Reply #831114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He wants his teammates to pass to him so he needs to stand out

Reply #831115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Lol lucky none of y'all professional critics work for Sportsbet. Nice win for the Kings." Yep happy with the odds. KIngs about to play a few home games finall! Barry Crocker, I hope you have your return ticket handy.

Reply #831116 | Report this post

Tooty  
Years ago

Struggling to see how kings improved so much.... if you seen both Kings gave me what was different this time?? Attitude over confidence game plan intensity young group so inconsistency but not against kings who lack heart ... team balance is definitely much better than last year... feel defence vastly up but at cost of O.??? DJ carries on shoulder - got to use IH more ... Dech proving he worth picking up... want another option - all that's missing - cotton type just to balance ... remodelling to build structure - bit of pain

Reply #831117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some wanker said " Kings rim defence is woeful, there new five man Martin and Hunter just don't do it, Humphries will eat them. Kings defence from last season has deteriorated all round as well. Two or three players are taking all the shots, is this a coaching tactic or selfishness.
Adelaide are making all the right moves and game adjustment and very team first nature. I just cannot see Sydney anywhere in this. Dare I say it while neither Sixers imports have been A plus, Ware and Martin haven't either. Adelaide by eleven.
Maybe you should have a nick. NFI would be my suggestion. TFG you aren't a coach. If you are heaven help your team.

Reply #831118 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kings coach said there ring defence was useless, I'd say he’s a good judge. They played great defence.

Reply #831121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reality check for Sixers. Got pumped by 20 by a rusty United first game and played the second tierers since. About to start playing the big boys now. Perth, Hawks will punish them. Tonight was awful on a lot of fronts.

Reply #831122 | Report this post

Blindlove  
Years ago

Coach says team wasn't ready... whose fault is that ?? Players not involved. Sit there arses... get energy on court...

Reply #831123 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Why was Sloan out tonight? I missed anything said on the broadcast and nothing on the NBL site.

Reply #831124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When is the Pinder love fest going to end. He is not NBL material. Playing in a b grade competition in Europe doesn't mean shit. Seabl is better here than what he came out of. Play the DP Hulland before him. KP's whole persona with the hair smacks of BS.

Reply #831125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Seabl is better here" SEABL is long gone so your opinion doesn't count.

Reply #831126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh sorry he is shit.

Reply #831127 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Sloan should be given the boot. Injured tonight but useless on defence.
Crocker- ok Defensively but was missing most of the game....
Isaac an off night.
DJ usual self
Mudronja- made most of minutes...
Jack- hits two threes then not seen for ages

Credit Kings. Ware hit his 3s and their import big was great.

Sixers are wasting their season with Giddey with Sloan and Crocker. But I know they won't make a change so I guess it is what it is.

Reply #831128 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

Disappointing game. Thought Adelaide could have looked to Humphries more on the block, with the wings spreading. He seemed frustrated by the end. I guess that's where an experienced point would have helped. Pinder looked ridiculous, maybe I’m old fashioned but keep a low profile if you’re struggling for minutes. Crocker needed to do more with Sloan out, just doesn’t seem to take the game on enough.

Reply #831131 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I guess we now know how important Sloane is...

Reply #831132 | Report this post

mimi57  
Years ago

Jack think you so right... Sloan.provides that stability. Experience counts and tonight showed that talent needs to balanced supported with experience. Glad teys got little minutes though - better served going to McVeigh and Mcdonga.. pinder as useful as tinder for garden gnomes...gonner Henry earning his pay...

Reply #831134 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Dwayne Russell saying "there's no cricket on tonight" during the Big Bash League Grand Final was pathetic.

Reply #831137 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Thrashed by a team with 3 good players out certainly huge worry for 36 ers and with Giddey
and Humphries caught up in all the eastern media hype last night, there so little else in team apart from DJ and even Dech had off night.
Pinder as a NBL player is a embarrassment so the hair just highlights even more how bad he is.
Crocker as NBL player let alone a import is a crock of.
Insulting to all those 7k supporters coming to games and all 36 ers fans if they dont send both imports home ASAP, as you cant compete in current NBL with poor imports and 2-3 players carrying team.

Reply #831138 | Report this post

Dave Q  
Years ago

What is the 36ers court so poorly lit? Is it just me?

Reply #831139 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Sydney did a great job in their execution. They adjusted their D on Humphries with the screens by switching and not allowing him to roll. As Sixers have no 3pt shooters like Casper the Kings never had to worry about Giddey or Dech hitting them and can sag off. Sixers never adjusted and Humphries couldn't get comfortable and just got frustrated. Well done to the Kings. At the other end of the court the Kings set up their screens Dejan and Casper would adjust and setup the 3 or drive. Casper licks his lips whenever the guard switches and he gets DJ guarding him.
Martin played a great game, hit some big jumpers, a couple of 3's and was a presence on defence.
McVeigh got completely outplayed by Newley who is nearing 40. Looked slow and wonky like a baby giraffe just born.
Great effort by Mudronja off the bench to seize an opportunity.
Can't have Crocker playing like that when your other import is out. He turned down everything and doesn't get rebounds or assists.

Reply #831145 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It's not, it’s staples centre/TSA style Iighting.

There is an element that it’s hard to beat a team twice in a row. Generally adjustments are made, and a team has more competitive fire when they lost last time.

36ers when they play well look good under Henry. But they do faulted. Lastnight their ball movement didn’t get them good looks and their passes into the big men got cut off and the big men were double effectively.

This is where you need sniper three point shooter and a slashing type player to keep defenders honest - the two aspects we would have loved out of our imports. Giddey has a bit of slasher in him, but the team needs to push it more aggressively when the defence is choking regardless of ball movement.

Reply #831146 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

It was also just one of those games that the Sixers maybe were never going to win. The ball is going out of court, kings player reaches it and throws it back into the court where it just passes by the outstretched hand of Humphries and lands perfectly in Kings hands for an open 3pt attempt.
Kings player drives, ball gets knocked out of his hands, bobbles out and could go anywhere, somehow lands back into kings hands for an easy bucket.

Reply #831299 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Come on, one or two plays like that don't account for a near twenty point loss.

Reply #831302 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

No but sometimes it's just one of those nights where the ball doesn't drop and little things don't go your way. Sixers only shot 37% from the field and turned it over too much. You only have to be off by a sniff in this league to drop a game and get blown out just like SEM and the Hawks.
When little things go your way it builds your confidence and next thing you know Casper has knocked down triples he's been missing for weeks.

Reply #831340 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:48 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754