Jack Toft
Years ago

Kings v Hawks Feb 14

After being undefeated in their Queensland jaunt, the Hawks have lost two in a row and now face the prospect of the anchor of three straight losses tying them down. Sydney have won their last two, and on Friday night had a 10 point win agains the lacklustre Breakers. This battle of the Cockroaches will be a delight.

There's no love lost between these two NSW teams. Gorj returns to his old stomping ground with his Hawks. I hope he's brought flowers and chocolates. Harvey & Jessup are playing well and Sam is showing up Harry. Although one of the Foundation teams, Illawarra is the younger brother to the big brother in Sydney. Sydney are starting to find their feet so the pressure is on them to seal the deal.

I'm trying not tipping winners any more, and at this stage it's hard to see either team sweeping the other team off their feet.

Topic #48093 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack, good work as usual, you will be exhausted by the finish of the hub, two games every day. Nice to see those brain juices doing well though.

The hawks will try and play this at top speed, run and gun and run again. Kings will try an arm wrestle on their previous displays. If the hawks hit shots it could be a long afternoon for kings, not certain they will withstand the pressure. I won't pick a score but think hawks got this comfortably.

Reply #832399 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think I might take annual leave

Reply #832425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't bank it off the rim, Dwayne Russell

Reply #832472 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Kings in all sorts of trouble in this game. Looks like another average crowd. Are we concerned 10k were rocking up last year, now in a derby on a Sunday afternoon looks like 5k at best.

Reply #832474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any smart person would be staying away from crowds until vaccines start rolling out- then crowd sizes will improve

Reply #832475 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Official reviews are a joke in nbl. Should not be looking for Unsportsmanlike fouls on a reach in or block. The rules are wrong but the refs overuse it.

Reply #832476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TB the ability to review a foul to upgrade to a USF is a FIBA rule, not just an NBL rule.

Reply #832479 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I think I might take annual leave

There are 36 games in the cup - think you'll have to tap into your long service leave as well.

Reply #832481 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Bairstow just cooking Hunter there. Too quick and mobile for the Sydney man.

Reply #832482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And another Kings player injured. Farewell Jarrell Martin.

Reply #832483 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

A foul-riddled Moller can't do anything against Bairstow either.

Reply #832484 | Report this post

Dione  
Years ago

Deng it!

Reply #832485 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I may be in the minority here but at what point is Forde in danger. Who cares if it is his first season, the guy can not coach. Just because he was associated with Perth and Gleeson doesn't mean he is as good as him. Players are playing alot of iso ball and not running any structure to benefit the team.

Reply #832486 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Is Kevin Lisch and Ast Coach with the Kings?

Reply #832488 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Not sure how many times I've heard Dwayne exclaim "fRoM tHe LoGo!" when the shot hasn't been anywhere near any logo.

Reply #832489 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Last 20 seconds and Casper dribbles too much and loses the ball. SMH

Reply #832491 | Report this post

Dione  
Years ago

Kings fans missing Gaze as coach perhaps?

Reply #832492 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Tyler Harvey's shooting has been a real highlight for the Hawks. Perhaps NBL teams should go after more NCAA scoring leaders when filling out their rosters.

Reply #832493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What I feel like doing when Dwayne commentates.

Reply #832494 | Report this post

Dione  
Years ago

I'm surprised the Kings kept it that close. Looked very shaky and disorganised on offence. My thought the entire time was, "if Hawks start hitting their shots, they should take it easy." The jump ball play, Forde really should have been calling TO and putting Vasiljevic back in, and designing a semblance of a play.

Reply #832498 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

Two import allowed this season but they more games..36 games is a lot...injury is coming with season length..

Reply #832499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Kings fans missing Gaze as coach perhaps?" You sir are an idiot.

Reply #832508 | Report this post

Dione  
Years ago

I may be an idiot, but I'm definitely not... what’s the other thing you called me?

You need to calm down like Will Weaver.

Reply #832514 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Love that video of Dwayne. #34 for Norwood was David Dickinson

Reply #832518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn people wanting to sack the coach and he had another injury and lost on the buzzer to a championship favorite. Fickle bunch here

Reply #832548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach got rip into Casper, horrible last play. Two most overrated players are Didi and Adel. How do they keep rapping these guys. Two most under rated are Bruce and Moller. Bairstow got one hook shot in on Moller. Refs for Sydney on Friday, hawks today.

It's all gut feel coaching once the games on and Goorj and Gleeson are the best at it, Forde played Didi to long down the stretch. Should have gone small ball, Moller, Newley, Bruce, DJ, Ware. Defensively sound DJ much better scorer than Didi.

Hawks should go deep, best coach and some class in all spots, plus as kings that next star is a great bonus. Hawks next star is a gun, Didi can play but not often enough or injured. Enjoyable game.

Reply #832568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Hawks don't have a good coach. They've just got an owner with deep pockets who has assembled a stacked team without developing local talent, and the coach is just riding their coattails.

Reply #832574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol. Illawarra has no talent to develop.

Reply #832581 | Report this post

Europa 41  
Years ago

"They've just got an owner with deep pockets who has assembled a stacked team without developing local talent, and the coach is just riding their coattails."

SORRY? Kings fans whining about a stacked team? Bogut, Ware, Lisch, Kickert, Tate, Cooks, Lousada, Newley? And STILL couldn't win?

Cooks and Glover are BOTH Illawarra juniors.

Facts. Checked.

Reply #832586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just watched Forde press conference, he must have been at a different game. Making excuses that Ware would get more fouls if he threw his head back, the real dozzie was that Hunter and Vadonovic were unlucky, fuck me Vadonovic jumped into the back of players 3 times, whacked arms twice clear as daylight, Hunter probably a little unlucky but his feet don't always keep up with his brain defensively and he ran over two players offensively. Yes the kings have injuries and have played well, just don’t get into ref blaming on stuff that’s so obvious.

Reply #832705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tyler Harvey got the calls. Why not Casper?

Reply #832710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you go looking to get calls you ain't going anywhere. Harvey is just a great player, Ware as well, he does not need his coach telling him to chuck his head back.

Reply #832717 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Re: "They've just got an owner with deep pockets who has assembled a stacked team without developing local talent, and the coach is just riding their coattails."

Have to agree! The new owners and their new coach have been here for at least a couple of months and the only thing they had to do was everything, from bottom up. And Goorj has had the Boomers on his plate, too.

Should have developed his own, hand-picked juniors and turned them into an awesome team by now.

Get Real!

Reply #832726 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:23 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754