Jack Toft
Years ago

Adelaide v Brisbane Feb 15

Round 5 finishes with the Brisbun Sixers heading back to Brett "White Fox" Maher Arena to have another go at Adelaide. Adelaide have announced the arrival of Brandon Paul and it sounds like Jeremy Kendle's services might not be required? At least he has played some NBL games, but he could be one of the few Sixers players never to play a game. It reminds me of old mate Darren Bartsch. Who the F is Darren Bartsch I hear you say? Well he holds the record for the most AFL clubs without playing a single AFL game. Gets drafted by Geelong, then Brisbane, then gets into the foundation squad of the Crows, gets picked up by Essendon, then heads off to West Coast, looks like he is about to play, does a knee or something, eventually has been associated with 5 clubs, AFL games played.....same as me.....0. "what clubs did you play for Jeremy?" "Sydney and Adelaide" "How many games did you play for Adelaide?" "33 less than I played for the Kings"

Sobey had another cracker of a game but he was the only Pseudo Sixer in double figures. They were out rebounded 39 to 52 with Isaac Humphries crashing boards and swatting balls like he owned that key like a property developer. Yes, Hodgson was out and comes back tonight, but like an ash tray on a motor bike, will he be useful in stopping Humphries? Humphries down as having 6 blocks, but maybe that's all the fingers the bench had because it looked more than that. The Sixers just need to keep on feeding that boy wildebeest carcass and undo his leash on game night.

Obviously Brisbun with a bit of work to do if they want to get this one off the Sixers. Teysie outscoring half (ie 5 players) the Brisbun outfit should be enough for them to be practicing their shooting, otherwise we might as well have a 5 on 1, and Teysie would beat them.

My only tip tonight is get a haircut, get a job and be nice to your mum.

Topic #48099 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane won't shoot as bad as they did Saturday. And if Hodgson is back it’ll make a world of difference.

Reply #832651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide haven't made a new import announcement yet Jack.

Reply #832665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide by 25.

Reply #832670 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

I actually think Brisbane will bounce back. They can't shoot that badly again and Hodgson will limit Isaac’s dominance. Hope I’m wrong but I’ve got Brisbane by 8.

Reply #832671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets by 15

Reply #832676 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Brissy will bounce back fo sho

Reply #832677 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Sixers by 10+

Reply #832679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No idea, hoping Sixers, loving the way their going about it.

Reply #832681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone who doesn't tip mighty Adelaide are stupid .

We are talking about a grand final caliber team v a mediocre Brisbane squad.

Reply #832682 | Report this post

Sixers  
Years ago

I agree with most people regarding Brisbane will shoot better and Hodgson will make a difference. Added to that Sixers might be complacent (and might be out of sync due to Kendle coming in), Law will not play that poorly, Teys won't have as good of a game, Froling as bad as he is will even have a better game and Brisbane will be motivated after being embarrassed at home. This is a dangerous game for the Sixers

Reply #832686 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Yes, V. Law didn't play well and BrisAdelaide shot poorly, however, I believe the game was only close in the first half due to how many sloppy turnovers the sixers had (7-10?) and they gave up most of their O boards in that time too. They barely fed the ball to Isaac or DJ too, and once they got back to basics, it really was an easy trouncing.

Yes, Hodgson will make a difference and shooting may improve, but a roaring home crowd and home rims will compensate for that IMO.

Reply #832691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Law struggled due to Johnson being so much bigger, his go to little hook and jumper was no where as effective with the extra height marking him. McVeigh who I don't rate also did well just bumping him and pressuring him. Henry might actually make McVeigh into a reasonable player.

Reply #832694 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Thanks Anon, I agree that DJ did a solid job on Law when he was defending him, and no having watched Law play before, wasn't sure why he didn't take DJ off the dribble due to his slower lateral movement? Are pull up J's and catch and shoot his main go to's?

Reply #832696 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

He laid down the law

Reply #832697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are his main go to moves but can put it on the floor and get to the ring, again a player I didn't think would make but now I’m eating my words Humphries is standing there protecting the paint. I really don’t follow any team but love watching nbl, I’m becoming a fan of Sixers and how Henry is getting his team to work at both ends as a team.

Reply #832703 | Report this post

mimi57  
Years ago

Sixers are on fire..Brissy not a chance. Look at their roster. Sobey and rest just ordinary to very ordinary...sobey need to score 40 and hope d holds....
15 point for Sixers with benchies to see minutes ... super confidence Sixers....

Reply #832750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Since when does Brisbane play in kings uniform.

Reply #832759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4.42 left in the 1st 1/4. Yep another pathetic shooting display in the NBL. 9-7 36ers.
Better shooting in an under 16's game

Reply #832760 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yellow/gold has always been a Bullets jersey variant.

Reply #832761 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Pinder didn't follow your advice Jack

Reply #832762 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Cadee's shooting has regressed almost as much as Froling's potential.

Reply #832763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let the big men play under the rack, second foul on Humphries was a joke. Pinder oh my.

Reply #832764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14-17 at 1/4 time.
Take off the 3 free throws from the 36ers & the 5 from the Bullets score from shooting would be 11-12. How crap is that for so called professionals

Reply #832765 | Report this post

trayvis  
Years ago

Putrid basketball, NBL is terrible this season

Reply #832766 | Report this post

Teys time?

Reply #832768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers defensively inept. No one looking at Bullets 3 point shooting.

Reply #832769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets Law is killing them

Reply #832770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any chance any 36ers player can at least put their hands up to block a shot? Basic basketball. NBL is poor. Poor coaching. Poor tactics. Blah blah blah. Same story different game

Reply #832771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Billets up by 11. This could get ugly.

Reply #832772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers suck!!?

Reply #832774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not geat to see 36ers coaching staff laughing when they're down by 10 at 1/2 time.
Yeh real professional

Reply #832775 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Sixers need another backup big man. Pinder is not up to it. Would rather see Hulland out there at this point. Any Aussie journeymen we can get from NBL1 level?

Reply #832777 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Crocker zero rebounds in 15mins to the half. Was same in the game Sloan sat out. When you need him to stand up he just goes missing.

Reply #832778 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

This is looking like a repeat of the SEM-PER flip-flop. NBL - where random happens.

Reply #832780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enjoying the game, those bagging the nbl go over to the tennis and watch the grunters.

Reply #832782 | Report this post

Ouch  
Years ago

Homicide it's time to go. Offers nothing to broadcast

Reply #832783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Pinder the first man in history to get hair extensions? What a knob.

Reply #832785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, Pinder Teys Mudronja it's time to go
Not even close to NBL standard

Reply #832786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling has come on, scored twice in about 2 minutes and he already looks gassed. How is this kid still not fit yet at this point in the season!? Oh that's right, he’s a lazy fat ass

Reply #832787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pinder really does look like a clown

Reply #832788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Down by 22. 36ers 3 point shots only. Come back or lose by 30/40 doesn't natter

Reply #832789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ponders a joke. Typical. Get your hair all funky but you have to back it up with some level of ability. Sadly he's out of his depth

Reply #832790 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

down by 20 odd. 5 mins left. You don't put Pinder in, you put Hulland in. Give him some mins.

Reply #832791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does whoever is playing the music at the game know anything that post dates 2008?

Reply #832792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Cadee's shooting has regressed almost as much as Froling's potential."
Some idiot said this. Is Broekhoff signing with adelaide too?

Reply #832793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FFS, give it a rest with Pinders hair. Have a crack at his playing is fair enough, but you're all a bunch of granddad's that want a haircut you can set your watch to.

Reply #832796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the Sixers about to hit the road and hub life, and all the expense that goes with it, do you bother taking Teys Mudronja Hulland Pinder away with the team?
Even if you combined these 4 you wouldn't have half an NBL player.

Reply #832797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Pinder willingly wants to look like a pork chop on national telly, it's fair he gets called out for it.

Reply #832799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ Don't think it’s fair to bag Hulland as he’s only a DP. He hasn’t been on the floor more than 10mins total all season. Surprised he’s not being given any opportunities because he showed a lot more in the pre-season than Pinder did. But realistically, he’s probably stuck behind Johnson and Humphries as he can only play the 4/5 spots.

Pinder really is a waste of athletic talent. He’s rather camp on the perimeter shooting bricks than get inside and toil around and above the rim where they need him.

Teys is nothing more than a serviceable and budget 10th man but having both Mudronja (who’s clearly not up to NBL standard) and Pinder taking up spots the 36ers are very thin. If you count Dillon who’s also past it, 40% of the roster is non-contributors. They better hope no one goes down injured

Reply #832800 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

We can say benefit of hindsight but we knew this v from the start.

1) lacks a defensive big
2) packs three point shooting
3) too many average guards

Hopefully number 2 is resolved by new import and number three can be mitigated by overloading minutes with Giddey, Dech and imports.

Number one won't be mitigated with DJ and IH no matter how well they play

Reply #832802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Pseudo Sixers have once and for all been found out. The Hub will sort it all out in a hurry. Pseudo Pretenders yet again.

Reply #832803 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Lacks three point shooting *

Reply #832804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems on a back to back the team that gets blown is likely to get up

Reply #832805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they were grandads they would have lived through the sixties and understood long hair and freedom of choice was of the essence. What they are is middle aged white men that have never done much expect every thing for nothing but think they are shit hot.

Adelaide turned in a bad performance, yes Humphries on two fouls early didn't help but stop slashing wrist and support your team. Other than United all other sides are even and can play well or bad on any day.

Reply #832806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Annnnnnd......back to normal programming.

Reply #832807 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

So KET, Humphries isn't a defensive big?

Reply #832810 | Report this post

White and tasty  
Years ago

The team needs another back up big, when Pinder comes in with other reserves the scoring drops off. With Giddey, Dillon and Mudronja we have to many PG's and to many SF's. We need to get another big badly.

Reply #832812 | Report this post

White and tasty  
Years ago

What happened to Alex Pledger?

Reply #832813 | Report this post

mimi57  
Years ago

How easily do some of you dudes jump off the wagon.. its one game... Sixers had to travel...lost an imp oirt...so readjusting . . Have good wins in the bank. I'm o rt coming to add class. Humphries giddey superstars .. get real ...Sixers plenty upside. Better position than maybe all but 3 teams..

Reply #832815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank goodness Brisbane didn't have to travel for this game hey

Sixers are fools gold. Henry been caught out too often with no replies and looks to have lost the group already. He couldn’t keep Sloan engaged and others are losing interest fast.

Crocker should go

Pinder should never get minutes

McVeighs confidence has been shot to pieces and even tonight Mudronja and Holland got no burn at all in a blow out

Dech looks confused as to what his role is and what is being asked of him

Humphries and DJ have been solid enough and Giddey is still learning the ropes

There is a lot of pressure on the incoming import to change the teams fortunes

Melbourne , Illawarra and now SEM are front runners. Sixers will finish bottom 2

Reply #832816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am surprised Barry Crocker even still there. He is one of the worst imports i have seen for many seasons. He should have been the 1st one sacked. However it will be JVG's decision. Doomed to failure. Why does anyone hire him after the Kings debacle he set in play?

Reply #832817 | Report this post

mimi57  
Years ago

So now the squad is no good and coach is on the down side.. Dech been very gd.humphries giddey boomers squad DJ outstanding. Teys had some gd moments.same McVeigh... agree pinder just not on the page and crocker been serviceable but need more...strong import on way.. inconsistency not talent...
Will.push for top 4...
Certainly several very ordinary teams worst off than Sixers.... Sixers can match with top teams . No question. Look at results thus far ..

Reply #832819 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Gee we dropped to third with that loss. We have time

Reply #832823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Insipid performance Adelaide.

Reply #832824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surprised no one picked up that half the problem is how bad Johnson is defensively at the 4. As good as the twin towers are on offence, they are worse on the defensive end - especially on the boards.

Crocker isn't all that bad either, he’s obviously playing to the role he’s being asked to do.
Dech and Pinder are both offensive liabilities, so despite their service on the defensive side of the ball, you don’t have enough two-way players to make it work. As Giddey/Johnson/McVeigh can’t guard shit.

Reply #832827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#819 you got flogged by United and then you have played the bottom half of the league. Let's not get carried away how good you are

Reply #832829 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

So KET, Humphries isn't a defensive big?

Didn't say that - I said we lack a defensive big, that's different to no defensive bigs.

Similarly, Adelaide lacks three point shooting, even though DJ can shoot it at a very good clip.

One good defensive big isn't enough to cater for 40 minutes or if that big gets into foul trouble.

Didn't think that required spelling out, but here we are!

Reply #832830 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Certainly several very ordinary teams worst off than Sixers....

Who exactly?

The Hawks that are playing like top 2 material?
Bullets that just beat Adelaide?
Phoenix that just signed Broekhoff to add to Creek/Sykes?
Cairns that still have Machado/Oliver?
NZ that still have Webster brothers and Lamar when he gets fitter?

Adelaide have a real opportunity to beat anyone if they get Brandon Paul who should provide that much needed shooting power and open up the floor for the bigs. Still have the issue of lack of a defensive big though. It will be interesting how having 7 or 8 odd home games already affects how strong Adelaide actually are - it's not easy to get away teams no matter how good you are!

Reply #832831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This team was sold to the fanbase as being defensive focused and that is yet too materialise. Agree that we are lacking a defensive big to rotate in. I assume that Pinder was supposed to be that guy, but he is busy posing at both ends to do anything meaningful.

Humphries has struggled more so against the second tier bigs than the starters.

Reply #832833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dech can't defend, lmao. I don’t even follow Sixers but I can see marked improvement to the chuck it to Randle offence. McVeigh is looking a lot better and trying to be responsible at both ends instead just chucking up shots hoping one drops, followed by some war dance.

Reply #832837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McVeigh has always been fools gold playing off the smoke screen of 'an energy guy'. That 'energy' is to mask his deficiencies, the primary one being his shot selection plus lack of physical strength. Defensively he gets monstered by stronger forwards.

Reply #832839 | Report this post

mimi57  
Years ago

Unfair accessment of Mcvay .. certainly high octave guy but is good outside shooter.. defensively more than capable. Take him over Teys every day.. and Teys been serviceable servant...

Reply #832840 | Report this post

krazy  
Years ago

Substitutions/Rotations were weird last night, couldn't quite understand the balance after 1/4 time.

Pinder is stealing a living as a professional athlete.

Reply #832841 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

"Mcvay .. certainly high octave"

When was he castrated, or did you mean, "octane"? Fits better than running the court with a squeaky voice!

Reply #832844 | Report this post

mimi57  
Years ago

You heard him in game voice.. high octave... he encourages more than any .. pos vibes .... all about communication at t ok Mrs... he at least always brings... watch he gets on court and team does seem better organised why his voice dude .... his voice

Reply #832846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok then, that made sense.

Reply #832853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mcvay?

Reply #832855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's not get carried away with McVeigh, yes there is improvement but he was talking about Adelaide being a stepping stone to the nba, like Harry Froling these kids get their heads full shit before they have played a game. McVeigh has moved up to be a good 7th, 8th man.

Reply #832857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Walk before you run as the saying goes.

Reply #832858 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

I remember when Harry thought he was making the NBA after his rookie year. Boy has he regressed. Hit a couple of shots last night but still looks soft and unfit.
Waste of potential. All Joey's fault obviously.

Reply #832859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harry could get a job as the Dunkin Donuts mascot

Reply #832860 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

KET. Which teams have 2 defensive bigs? I would think they all lack one defensive big.....if they even have one in the first place.

Reply #832880 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

DJ and Pinder couldn't defend in their lives depended on it

Most have 2 decent big defenders, Adelaide has one

Reply #832884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ has been a lot better this season, yes he's not the greatest defender but defence is a team game just like offence. Most sides 4 and 5 have one strong defender.

Reply #832888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What I can't work out with McVeigh is in Premier league, the games I have watched he hits 3s, open and contested. But with Sixers he can't make open shots. Of course way better defensive players and schemes, but these are mainly wide open shots. It looks like the defensive scout is he's a non shooter. He jacks them up but they're bricks.
Prefer Teys 100 times more than him. Know what you're getting at least.

Reply #832890 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

DJ has been a lot better this season, yes he's not the greatest defender but defence is a team game just like offence.

Come on don't make excuses for him DJ is perhaps the worst defensive big I've ever seen. Even this game there were a couple of lay ups scored on him where he didn't even bother to put his arms up and that happens every damn game. It's disgusting.

Reply #832893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have some respect for your teams captain Zodiac.

Reply #832911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a DJ fan but the not contesting Sobey's dunk in Brisbane was pretty weak. Couldn't get out of the way quick enough.

Reply #832930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very few players try and contest a dunk, Adel a few weeks back was even worse. Johnson is do fine, I'd think a lot teams in the league would want him.

Reply #832935 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

In DJ's defence for this game, he had 2 early fouls (so did Humph) so he may have not wanted his 3rd (or 4th?). He was better off, so was his team and the fans, everyone.

Think you can take comfort in being his fan.

Reply #832939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a load of crap, no he didn't. He had 2 fouls in the last qtr (5.02, 0.39 minute mark), and 3 for the game. Sobeys dunk was a a minute and half in to the 3rd qtr. Do the maths on that.

Reply #832945 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

He did have 1 in the 1st & 4 for the game. Load of crap(?), or simple mistake by me (from memory, by the way, til I checked), Thanks, though.

Still maintain that that might have been in his mind. And hindsight shows I may have been right, if DJ had contested the dunk, chances are foul and 3 point play and now he's on 3 in 3rd (did you say?)(to tell the truth, I did not check when his 2nd f occurred). Mute point really. DJ is still worth it.

Why am I defending DJ anyway? Glad Brissy won.

Reply #832950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers supporters eat their own. It might be the shit water they drink.

Reply #832952 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:31 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754