Isaac
Years ago

Delly appendicitis surgery

Delly's season of challenges continues:

Cavaliers guard Matthew Dellavedova was evaluated today after alerting team medical and athletic training staff of pain he was experiencing in his lower right abdomen. A CT scan revealed acute appendicitis, for which surgery was necessary. Dellavedova is in recovery and his status will be updated.

Topic #48115 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He ain't going back to nba.

Reply #833375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this surgery gonna be in the movie?

Reply #833395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the bullshitting aside, it's been a great story. From a very good college career, to one of those hustle guys you bring into a team to challenge starters, but normally is cut or waves towels at end of bench. Just by wanting it more than more talented players, he makes team, earns minutes and players respect. Got rewarded with a huge contract a couple of handy years, then faded going back to Cavs and them being terrible. Wonder what impact he's had on SexLand and showing them the way to do things.
To be honest, hope he hangs it up soon because of medical issues and gets proper send off from Cleveland when they allow fans in. Don't know progress of vaccine and timetable for fans coming back, but should get a tribute video for his contributions to title. If Isaiah Thomas can get one, so can Delly.
As for returning to play in NBL, worrying that he has been out so long because of concussion. End of day, health overrules everything, has plenty of cash and no doubt the passion to play. If he can't play, an assistant role would suit him with succession plan to take over in a few years if he sees that as his next step. Else, Tassie is a great place but retire to some warmer climate and enjoy retirement.

Reply #833423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that guy still spruiking the Delly movie? Forget his name.
Melbourne or Syd based snake oil agent?

Reply #833479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL needs Delly...look forward to watching him and Exum go head to head next season

Reply #833515 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

He's be great next to Sobey.

Reply #833524 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Health permitting, I would LOVE to see Delly end his career in the NBL... He's not the type of player that would want to scrape for every $ playing in a cashed up league, so he would still have a few seasons left in the NBL I'd say at a quality level and could really bring something to a team... I know I'd get a season ticket to watch him every game...

Reply #833530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I could see a few clubs chasing him hard, he would look great at most teams but Brisbane, Tasmania, Perth, Adelaide are teams that he would make contender ship favourites quickly. Delly next to Cotton would be a delight.

Reply #833533 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Delly would easily be the best Aussie PG in the NBL without even getting out of bed. His NBA prospects are starting to look dim, and with a desperate need for playing time before the Olympics, NBL teams should be seeing the writing on the wall and getting onto him ASAP.

Reply #833548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's contracted at present in the nba, if released it would be great get him to the cats.

Reply #833552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's entertain this theory he will come home Asap (assuming Cleveland release him) how long would it take him to be ready to take the court in the NBL?

He needs to recover from surgery, has concussion issues and no doubt mandatory quarantine upon arrival.

Reply #833557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't see the Cavs releasing him while he's sidelined given hes such a crowd favourite. Having said that, they may need to make cuts if they find a trade partner for Drummond

Reply #833559 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:33 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754