Jack Toft
Years ago

MEL v CNS Feb 22

Yes sirre Bob, United are gunna be p!ssed. They were aiming to go through undefeated when "enter the Dragon" In this case, in the form of Bryce Cotton, black belt in winning games. Now Cairns had a good win, but the bear in the cage has been poke and no amount of organic soy latte, medium hot with a lit bit of oat milk served in a re-cyclable cup will pacify the navy blue boys.
Sorry snakes, time to be milked

Topic #48119 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne

Reply #833521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United

Reply #833529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely MU don't play that bad two games in a row.

Reply #833572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would like to see Cairns win but think Melbourne will.

Reply #833574 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

If not Goulding and li injury, im pretty sure melbourne ate United are undefeated at this moment..

Reply #833640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Landale off now! Really Vickerman!?

Reply #833642 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Goulding has had some shocking games against Perth. United still lose

Reply #833644 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Time for Vickerman and United to finally come to the conclusion that Macca is not a point guard. Not much they can do at present but he just does not have PG instincts nor skill set.

Reply #833645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne look shit

Reply #833646 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I was going to put money on Melbourne on this game but work got in the way.

Thank you Mr Manager.

Reply #833647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with the above. McCarron is a great role player and secondary ball handler but you don't want him being your full time point.

Reply #833648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Short doing very nicely in the point for a young player.

Reply #833650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I indeed did put $$$ on Melbourne United. Haven't been watching the game... think they’re a chance in the second half or a lost cause?

Reply #833651 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

OMG why did Hopson pass that and defer to others, he owns that last 5 second situation.

Reply #833654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne's synchronised team whingeing is unbearable.

Reply #833658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopson is trash

Reply #833659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is mo king

Reply #833663 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Cairns are trash.

Reply #833669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vickerman sooking for every call. Put 2 masks on him n shut him up

Reply #833670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To much dribble by Machado, where is Noi when there behind, I know he's a crap defender but they need offence

Reply #833671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And here I was thinking my $ were gone. Big shout out to crumbling cairns

Reply #833672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United will still find a way of throwing this away. Some Hopson turnovers or bricks, Vickerman subbing Baba off for Mac Daniel, etc

Reply #833673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not today :)

Reply #833674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Machado is costing Cairns games by hogging it, certainly in money time. Baba has been fantastic, should have been best on.

Reply #833676 | Report this post

Trash  
Years ago

Cairns sucks cant even hold the last q lead holy hell

Reply #833677 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Too much panic on here about United earlier in the thread.

@Lovebroker your manager sucks

Reply #833679 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I'd say that Cairns lost it rather than that United won it. Some horrible shot selection by Cairns in that last quarter

Reply #833683 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

And God help United if Baba is ever out for a few weeks

Reply #833684 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

@Lovebroker your manager sucks

Agreed....I'm going straight to HR tomorrow.

Reply #833686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noi beaten all ends up by the drive and dunk from Hopson, probably cost Kelly's patience. Noi might be better in nba where you shoot it a lot but defence doesn’t matter so much.

Reply #833689 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

United lucky to win. Some really worrying signs, sloppy turnovers throughout, Hopson looks completely lost, Landale starting to get frustrated with limited ball down low so he jacks up threes. What's wrong with running some basic high-post sets, Landale catch and turn on the elbow. Thought McCarron actually played well after some poor decision making early. While the starters were nice and rested I feel Vickerman tries to go too deep with the rotations. The second unit should also have Hopson as the go-to (surely he switches on at some stage..).

Reply #833691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McDaniel with a handy 7 points and 5 boards in 17 minutes off the bench. +10 as well. If you've got a guy like that giving that output, as well as Mitch, Baba, Hopson, Landale, Acuil, White and Barlow, is pretty safe to say your team is stacked.

Reply #833695 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

There's a huge gap between the top group (Landale, Baba, McCarron, White) and the lower group who struggle at this level (Acuil, Barlow, McDaniel, etc), with Hopson dithering between the two.

Reply #833696 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I'll happily take Acuil in Cairns. He'd be a solid 15 and 7 guy.

Reply #833698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Acuil doesn't like defence, Cairns got enough of those guys.

Reply #833702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow does not struggle at this level!

Reply #833703 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I have the greatest of respect for all that Barlow has achieved in Australian basketball, but you can see that he's really slowing down and his variety of skills is reducing every season.

I’d hate to see him retire, but I think it’s better for him to retire at the end of this season on a reasonable high than go on for one more.

Reply #833705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow and Gibbo in a staring contest to see who retires first.

Reply #833707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very hard to retire when you have played for so long. They will both play on if offered contracts.

Reply #833710 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Felt like dejavu. That was a typical 2021 United game.

Solid defense, a bit disjointed offensively. Looked best when pushing the pace. Loved Baba's game. Hopson struggling. Did enough to win.

Even an injury scare.

On Hopson, 2 huge things in his favour.

1. His name is Scotty Hopson.

2. United keeps winning.

But I'm inclined to think, despite those 2 factors, he's got until end of NBL cup to work it out.

Reply #833720 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[McDaniel with a handy 7 points and 5 boards in 17 minutes off the bench. +10 as well. If you've got a guy like that giving that output, as well as Mitch, Baba, Hopson, Landale, Acuil, White and Barlow, is pretty safe to say your team is stacked.]

McDaniel has been OK for the past 2 games

You gotta do more than that though. A full season and he'll have proven himself an NBL player.

For now as long as United has Short, McDaniel and Stith in their rotation, any talk of "stacked" with current lineup is laughable

Reply #833721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is Barlow's last year. Moving into a strength and conditioning role next season

Reply #833722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Short did very well, he's young, has length, plays good D and has high iq. If I’m an other club I am keeping an eye on him.

Reply #833757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Short is 23. That's young, but it’s not like he’s 18 or 19.
In fact, Jack White is only a few months older, for example.

Reply #833773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One is a point guard which is the brains of the team, the other is a very solid player but has developed far more than Short. I like his game and think in time will very solid Australian nbl point guard.

Reply #833824 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:34 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754