Shano76
Years ago

Isaac Humphries' injury

Any news on Isaac's foot? If he has a long spell, what do the Sixers do? Put up the white flag by playing Pinder more, look for an Aussie big to help out or sack Crocker to get an import big? Or is it too late to even consider bringing another import in?
If the Breakers game is a glimpse of life without the big guy, things are gonna get real ugly real fast.

Topic #48150 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

4-6 weeks with a little bit of luck

Reply #835066 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That's a relief, as the original title had me thinking something had happened to our dearest leader.

Reply #835067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave Anderson

Reply #835071 | Report this post

Johnno  
Years ago

I heard the kings were already looking at Dave Anderson as a replacement for Jarell Martin.

Reply #835072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it was posted here.

Reply #835073 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Sixers need to grab someone to help DJ. What Aussie bigs are available besides Andersen?

Reply #835081 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Sorry anon I didn't see it posted or I wouldn’t have posted. My bad.

Reply #835082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anderesen is a good shout. Sign him!

Reply #835086 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Confirmed by the 6ers, 4 - 6 weeks.

Reply #835089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hulland time. If you're not prepared to play him then why sign him??

Reply #835091 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Hulland was great in the preseason, they've got nothing to lose by playing him as they’re cooked now.

Reply #835093 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Hulland should get time but they still needed a roster replacement for Humphries.
Pinder to get more minutes to help out.

Who gets the start alongside DJ?

Reply #835095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's Pledger up to?

Reply #835097 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

sack Crocker to get an import big
With quarantine requirements, flight availability and immigration restrictions, that's not an option this year.

A new import will take a month or so, you would imagine.

Reply #835119 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Lets say IH misses 8 games and we go .500 for those games (since DJ can play the 5 comfortably, and we have Paul coming in).

That will take use from 6-7 now to 10 - 11.

I estimate we will need to win about .67 of our remaining games to get into the playoffs.

Its not impossible but the whole team would need to click and put on a 2017 type end of season run.

If I were a betting man I'd not put money on this happening.

Purchase does not begin to move the needle.

So this means either Pinder or McVeigh has to step up, which leaves only McVeigh.

McVeigh will hit a few shots and do a few inspirational 1% but is not going to make up for IH.

We have to make the playoffs.

To have spent all this money (Humphries was the highest paid local before Landale and we are doubling down on an import replacement) and not go into the playoffs would be catastrophic.

Reply #835158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"With quarantine requirements, flight availability and immigration restrictions, that's not an option this year." Yep he should have already been on a flight.

Reply #835162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately this now highlights even more Pinder's signing. There was absolutely no due diligence there because he is nowhere near NBL standard. It should be his time to shine with Humphries out but the fact they went and got Purchase is not looking promising for KP.

Reply #835163 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Not really Purchase has been signed as an extra big on the bench obviously Pinder will be playing ahead of him. Pinder fortunately for him will now get plenty of opportunity to showcase himself for next season.

Reply #835165 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I think this auspicious occasion calls for different hair extensions Keanu.

Reply #835167 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

If only he spent half as much time on his game as he does at the hairdressers.

Reply #835168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pinder has enough times to set 5 screens and then he will foul out. Dude hasn't set 1 legal screen all season.

Reply #835169 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Ponder is a local. Locals are a valuable commodity.

Whether he's GOOD value is the question, and since we have NFI what he's getting paid, that's hard to say.

I think 6's fans are disappointed because many touted him as starting-quality when signed.

It's his first season with a new league, New team, and new coach. I wouldn't write him off completely, just yet.

Reply #835192 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:12 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754