Anon
Years ago

SEM using Kayo on the bench

That's f@&$ing cheating if you ask me Perth coach should not have to write his play down on because he can’t let them know what he is gonna run knowing they are listening in through Kayo

Simon Mitchell is a terrible coach

Topic #48161 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Wait, what?

Reply #835368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure I've seen Brisbane do something similar, one of their ass coaches wearing headphones looking at something.

Reply #835378 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Are you sure it was Kayo? It could've been the ESPN app, Foxtel Go or Twitch.

Nevertheless it is bush league.

Reply #835379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cricket and AFL players aren't allowed mobile phones in the dressing room because match fixing and corruption, surely someone on the bench at an NBL game wouldn't be allowed to have one either (or any internet connected device) for the exact same reason nevermind listening in on the other team's timeout.

Reply #835380 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Pretty sure every team has a coach with a video feed now, they've been shown on TV looking at laptops to decide whether to challenge calls.

Reply #835381 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That makes way more sense - not so bush league after all.

Reply #835384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whole reason we don't hear audio from time outs in the last 2 minutes is Mitchell used a live feed when at United to hear where the opposition were planning to direct their last play.

Reply #835394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every team have video feed at the game, check out Luke Brennan behind Trevor Gleeson all game watching on his laptop.

Reply #835416 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Hang on a minute..........we are talking about a league where the league owner also owns a team?! So as league owner he is also the employer of the umpires, the commissioner and all other league employees.

If that isn't bent, then what is?

Reply #835426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AFL, WNBL, NBA have all owned teams within their Leagues at some point too.

Reply #835427 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

SEM used it to check if they should review a call with a coaches challenge, and they still challenged it and failed lol

Reply #835432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When the NBL has provided a table for the coach to use at all NBL cup games, pretty sure they know that coaches are watching the feed.

Reply #835435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

# Hang on a minute..........we are talking about a league where the league owner also owns a team?! So as league owner he is also the employer of the umpires, the commissioner and all other league employees.

# If that isn't bent, then what is?

And the most successful team is??

Reply #835452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#426 what you are implying is totally illegal and would carry a rather large jail term. Not to mention all those employees have to complete an Australian Sports Commission Integrity in Sport Program where they sign off that they will comply with all laws etc.

Reply #835457 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

SEM used it to check if they should review a call with a coaches challenge, and they still challenged it and failed lol
Only because the refs are incompetent.

Reply #835464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norton was outside the charge circle. Hardly incompetent by the refs on that call. Poor use of a challenge if SEM had in fact used the video feed to determine they should challenge the call.

Reply #835469 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Norton was an hour late.

Reply #835472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with you KR but I just wonder if the only thing that was challenged was if Norton was in fact in the NCSC. If that is all that he challenged then they got it right.

Reply #835473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was wondering the same. Do the coaches have to specifically challenge what they think was wrong with the call?

Reply #835491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a Phoenix fan, but how is it highly illegal. Immoral yes, but what law can you quote? Have to assume everything in a public area is under video surveillance, being on TV it's 100%.

Reply #835558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Video isn't illegal...Oh my goodness. #426 was trying to imply that the league owned and run by LK is putting pressure on the referee's to rig the outcome. He/she was not commenting about the use of Kayo

Reply #835564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They also have zero proof. The guy saved the League and gets slandered for using his own money to prop up multiple teams as well as the league itself.

Stay classy as every Hoops.

Reply #835569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So every team has a lappie and a table and an NBL video feed. Hadn't you noticed that? I must say this season with the video reviews etc that the refs are far more accountable and so often wrong. Hmmmm.

Reply #835576 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

Every team gets a live feed of the game to their benches. Both Home and Away. Get over it. Been in the NBL for years.

Reply #835583 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

Every team gets a live feed of the game to their benches. Both Home and Away. Get over it. Been in the NBL for years.

Reply #835584 | Report this post

Mobbin  
Years ago

The authorised feed excludes audio and commentary (AFL, NFL, NBA do this), if a team is accessing the media telecast for "intel" that would logically be against the rules.

Reply #835620 | Report this post

bob  
Years ago

^^ the stupidity on here is beyond belief sometimes. Are we really suggesting that on the bench, during a game, with officials everywhere and the game also being televised, that instead of watching the feed which is available, courtesy of the league, to all teams, SEM are secretly (in public) watching the TV broadcast. ffs, people really are idiots

Reply #835656 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

My favourite part was how OP knew exactly what streaming service SEM were allegedly using.

Reply #835657 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

None of that SBSonDemand nonsense hey

Also I was referring to SEM v 36ers for crockers initially 5th foul. Not whatever KR thinks I'm referring to.

Reply #835658 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

So you're saying Crocker got called for a foul and the Phoenix challenged it? What?

Reply #835688 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The SEM v 36ers game where Connor successfully challenges a call on Crocker then later on Simon Mitchell gets annoyed asks his whatever they are called, technical assistant or something, to check on the replay then challenges a call and fails in the challenge. Which was funny because given the benefit of seeing the replay where the umpires were clearly right they still challenged.

The point clearly being, it wasn't this game and it wasn’t umpiring incompetence which made your response, as can happen with you, an entire waste of time and space!

Gotta love Kobe 'jump the gun’ Rulz, Hoops’ most tedious poster!

Reply #835764 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Reply #835774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's KR. Nuff said

Reply #835775 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yup the response emphasises that point

Reply #835776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've noticed the use of lap-tops in the past. When I spoke to someone associated with an NBL team he said they use it to get ideas from this site as to what instructions to give during a time out. It's like a team having a thousand assistant coaches so I don't think that's a problem.

Reply #835782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unless posts have been deleted, you didn't make a lot of sense in what you were saying KET.

Reply #835785 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I've noticed the use of lap-tops in the past. When I spoke to someone associated with an NBL team he said they use it to get ideas from this site as to what instructions to give during a time out. It's like a team having a thousand assistant coaches so I don't think that's a problem.

There is also a messaging portal on those devices to ask me for direct advice. On a more serious note an indoor gridiron league in the US launched this year which utilises this sort of engagement:

Fan Controlled Football is a 7-on-7 indoor football league where the players run the plays that the fans call. Every play, the fans of the offensive team get to vote on what play to run. The play with the most votes wins.

Reply #835800 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:51 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754