Jack Toft
Years ago

CNS v SYD Mar 4

Cairns have lost their last two games and need a win to keep in the peloton, but Sydney are cycling along just waiting to make a break for the King of the Mountain. I could come up with some wheelie terrible puns, but you'll think I'm a cycle-path. Both teams need to get a grip of themselves and get into gear. As they head towards the finish line, the Kings might just outsprint the Snakes.

Topic #48162 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both sides struggling, either could win. Let's hope it’s a good game.

Reply #835436 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The question is will either team put a stick in the spokes of the other, or their own...

Reply #835454 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Kings will have a better chance if they wear their yellow jerseys. Moller the ultimate domestique according to many on Hoops.

Reply #835463 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

This is a game Oliver should be able to dominate, but I suspect he will start off average and then congratulate himself after hitting one or two threes before losing by 5+ points.

Reply #835477 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

One would think Oliver can easily dominate Kicks and Hunter.

However, Hunter has done well to not only hold his own but actually put up efficient numbers on the offensive end.

On the flip side Kicks pick and pop could punish Nate.

Ware Vs Machado will be fantastic to watch.

I am absolutely shocked that Cairns is last on the ladder, if someone asked me I would have put Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane and NZ (only because of COVID) below Cairns.

Reply #835483 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Kings will have a better chance if they wear their yellow jerseys.
They don't have yellow jerseys.

Reply #835492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone have any idea when Jarrel Martin will be back? Initial diagnosis was about 3 weeks which is what its been. I find it really hard to get an injury update from anywhere on a consistent basis....thanks

Reply #835493 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The injury update thread from last round contained a post about Martin's progress:

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/48128-injury-update-round-7/#p834174

Reply #835500 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Jawai - some kinda super being from somewhere else...

Reply #835504 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Planet Lovetron

Reply #835505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch Sydney throw another close one away due to poor late game tactics.

Reply #835510 | Report this post

Crackers65  
Years ago

Louzada wears the right number for what he brings to the team.
How did he ever get drafted?

Reply #835511 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

Wonder if Casper thought he'd run into a wall...

Reply #835515 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Was a nice game....CRN had Sydney most of the game but SYD did really well to fight back, then came the 8 point flurry from Machado and the Sniper.

Considering Sydney lost they still got 3 of the possible 7 Ladder points.

Reply #835516 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Jawai hopping in the hot tub time machine, damn.

No Mojave, injured or what?

Reply #835542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaches take time, no matter who you worked under, kings lost it in the second, when the coach had a bad mix players on, certainly after the back of the quarter. Martin is a loss, kings offensively is around two guards which don't work either. Forde deserves time like Mitchell and Kelly have been given.

Reply #835565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney led by 8 at the five minute mark in the first, it was down hill from there till third quarter when kings fought back. Bogut is a massive loss, actually irreplaceable loss. Kings won three quarters, the smashing in the second was what cost the game. Vadonovic ahead of Newley is just not smart, Kickett just can't defend well enough and only get Ware and Dejan doing any offence.

Reply #835575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley's body language says he's pissed off with things.

Reply #835592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley only played five minutes. Something going on there.

Reply #835593 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kickert was a bad fit with the heavy dose of Jawai the Taipans were feeding us, I don't know that there was any more to it than that. Hunter was given pretty good instruction from Jawai last night. That's the most effective Nate has been in a long time even ignoring the points, did a great job establishing position down low and finishing before the double could come.

The Newley stuff is a concern. I thought the unsportsmanlike foul was pretty lazy and obvious and just added to the Taipans momentum at that point. Angry Newley tends to play well though, I would have liked to see him put in during the 4th Q. Maybe more to it.

I mean, it's a loss, but hats off to Cairns and Jawai especially. Always happy to see the big fella put in work. Worrying signs re: Cam once again though I think. Shows a few mins of energy after dunks, but otherwise just sort of mopes around the court. Lucky Jawai had a big game because I don't think Cam was getting more mins regardless last night.

Reply #835621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd certainly play Newley ahead of Vadonovic, Newley legs are slowing and his start to the game was awful but should be used better. Obviously after playing only six minutes he’s going to be fuming. Forde has had an unlucky start through injuries but also is learning and it takes time to be a head coach. Bogut is a massive loss. The offence through ware and Dejan is also one dimensional and both should be encouraged to pass more. Kickett has seen a lot better days.

Reply #835633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You wonder how much different this team will look next season. One or both imports likely gone, Kickert retired, Didi gone (though not to the NBA) , Newley likely gone, Moller probably gone to Tasmania, Vasiljevic already talking about playing next season in the NBA. Big rebuild on the cards.

Reply #835634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Moller go to Tasmania? He's there only true Sydney boy. The kings would be better getting Stewart to be an assistant coach, when Moller plays for him he averages mid twenties and teen rebounds.
I could see a rebuild though with Forde bringing in more of his want for players.

Reply #835636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller has played SEABL in Tasmania for years and they love him there. The fact that he's from Sydney is irrelevant.

Reply #835702 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754