Jack Toft
Years ago

MEL v BNE Mar 7

Melbourne with a Sunday afternoon time slot. Gee, I'm more surprised than Eddie Maguire with a Collingwood Friday night game. These teams have met in the humidity of Brusbun a month ago. In that game United lifted their bat scoring a ton, and Nathan Sobey a misery 27 points, but it was all the navy blues that day, and with the power of home grown soy lattes there's no reason why they can't do it again. Handsome Her would be proud to serve them (if they were still going) and charge them the 18% man tax, so I guess United will just have to send CG43 down some quaint little graffitied alleyway to get them somewhere else. Brisbun had a great game last game, but there's a reason why Hutchy is putting in a new trophy cabinet

Topic #48181 | Report this topic

Perth fan.  
Years ago

When in doubt I tip the home team, Melbourne by 12.

Reply #835918 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

No home team remember Perth fan, in Melbourne, on Melbourne's home court with Melbourne fans is Neutral territory...apparently.

Reply #835922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane by 8

Reply #835924 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Bullets are firming in the market but I'll still take United.

Reply #835929 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

8-0 run for BNE. #theyknew

Reply #835931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shooting practice for United all next week!!

Reply #835932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Brisbane didn't have a fluke win over Perth

Reply #835936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

joking is Miles Plumlee still in the country? who can utd get to replace hopson who is in the country

Reply #835937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vickermans constant subbing continues to be mind boggling.

Reply #835939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can Landale stop shooting 3s?
Can the team practice lay-ups at half-time?!

Reply #835942 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Another Landale layup that was totally off. WTF is going on?

Reply #835945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Brisbane can beat the best two teams in the comps in consecutive games then they are e the real deal

Reply #835946 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

ThisishowJenniScreenspeaksshedoesnothaveanysortofpausebetweenherwords.

Reply #835949 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

United are getting lazy and relying on the three ball. How many plays has that been in a row with nothing actually being run inside.

Reply #835960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Am I watching the 36ers out there with drimic , sobey, hodgeson and cadde

Reply #835964 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Good challenge

Reply #835965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United love a perimeter shot..

Reply #835966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodgson torching Landale

Reply #835967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane just knocked off the two top dogs. Impressive

Reply #835968 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Goulding's love of threes is contagious.

Reply #835969 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Quality win

Reply #835970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor game from nba star to be Landale, Hodgsons length got him. Good game to watch and Lemanis showing he's still one the best.

Reply #835972 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Landale's no NBA player as Hodgson showed. Great game to watch and good to see the Bullets step up again after United came back and took the lead.

Reply #835974 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

United got the yips all right - the pressure got to them. Many poor executions, poor shot selection, some questionable fouling ... and the subs????? What was Vickerman thinking?!

How much of it was due to trying to get Goulding back into form?

Reply #835977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal and his gang tell me he's an nba player. Time will tell, he has talent, I would not like to be his next opponent.

Great game. Law very, very good team player.

Reply #835978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hoopie literally complains about every coaches sub patterns smh like you could do any better

Reply #835980 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Bullets fan here. Thriled with last 2 wins but today's win was as much United's loss.

Re: Am I watching the 36ers out there with drimic , sobey, hodgeson and cadde(e). And Froling. Yeah! But IMHO, all of them are better players at Bullets than they were at 36ers. Is it just that they have matured, better (more suitable) on-court systems, better coaching?

Reply #835981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very close comp this year from 1-9

Reply #835982 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Impressed with result.
Where is LV?

Reply #836002 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

LV is still typing, deleting then re-typing a post praising the Bullets for their tenacity whilst continually rewinding and reviewing all the calls the Bullets got. Fight the temptation LV.

Reply #836018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After a cracker first quarter, the Bullets started letting out some farts in the next two periods. But they clenched their buttocks tight in the final ten minutes to net a pleasing result.

Reply #836050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey look, I was right. Bullets did win by 8!

Reply #836056 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[LV is still typing, deleting then re-typing a post praising the Bullets for their tenacity whilst continually rewinding and reviewing all the calls the Bullets got. Fight the temptation LV.]

Coaches challenge has made my job easier, can't even complain about the Baba call cos it was correctly reversed.....

Seriously though United can blame themselves, you can't go ice cold mid way through the last and expect to win, unless you have a 15-20 point lead. This was reminiscent of Game 1 of the semis, where we did actually have a 15-20 pt lead and lost it

Reply #836060 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

And like the semi final, some poor shot selection too.

It'll be interesting watching us try to avoid being overly reliant on 3s while missing Hopsons creativity.

Reply #836061 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Watch adelaide take down Brissy. No chance Hodgkin and cadee go off for 43 points again... so where will those points come from to beat Sixers. All.know DJ will.light up..crocker on song.. McVeigh good for dozen or more...

Reply #836077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's Hodgkin?

Someone is showing their bitterness!

Reply #836089 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:21 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754