Isaac
Years ago

2021 NBA All Star Game

100-80 at half-time. Giannis 11/11 FG. Curry and Lillard making buckets from half-court.

Curry 3P winner over Conley, Blazers' Simons dunk champ, Sabonis skills challenge winner.

Topic #48188 | Report this topic

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Giannis and Irving taking it too seriously.

Reply #836109 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Since when is competing taking it too seriously? It's a shame that it's seen that way. If guys want that all-star MVP tag then they've gotta go for it. From memory Kobe went hard every all-star game, got his shots up, and people loved it.

The general consensus was that last year's all-star game was the best in a long time because they actually tried at the end.

Reply #836127 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

It's when players who already have 20 points ignore other players to score more. I guess I see it as a game to get everyone involved, not a score 30 points to inflate my ego game. A few time giannis ignored players —- jokic even questioned him why he didn’t pass it. I mean by that stage I had already seen 10 giannis boring dunks.

Reply #836138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't understand why they keep doing a skills challenge, when none of the players show any interest or effort. At least in the 3-point and dunk contests the players who enter genuinely try.

Reply #836148 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Time to piss off the ASG and other crap. Just name 20 players and get on with the season.

Reply #836162 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Most of the players didn't even want to participate. The NBA should have let them have a break.
By all means do voting so they can have an allstar* selection next to their name. Probably one of the lamest games in a while.

Reply #836172 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Make it competitive.
All star US born v Rest of the World (allowing some latitude).

Reply #836187 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:26 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754