Jack Toft
Years ago

BNE v ADL Mar 11

Huge scratch match between the Brisbun 36ers (36ers B) and the Adelaide 36ers (36ers A). Q time has finished for Brandon Paul, so we might just see him if Jazzy has ironed on a #3 on the spare singlet, alternatively, they could get a Mark Davis singlet from the gift shop and take off a 3. But the 36ers B are playing well, Sobey leading the scoring looks like he might grab another 30 point game, and I do have a soft spot for Jace when he brings out his guns.

Topic #48200 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Also of note could another result go the Wildcats way without them having to step onto the hardwood? #$150K

Reply #836427 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Brisbun.

Reply #836432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet another thread that has nothing to do with Perf, but somehow they get mentioned straight away

Reply #836441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another thread hijacking by Perth World.

Reply #836450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Brisbane lose this one it will be very hard to knock Perth off top spot of the Cup ladder.

Reply #836454 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Can see Brisbun winning this game.
Adelaide aren't good enough.

Reply #836467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Andrej keen his buns clenched or will he crop dust the Brisbane faithful?

Reply #836468 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

If Brisbane lose this one it will be very hard to knock Perth off top spot of the Cup ladder.

Oh no, how dare you make this thread about Perth!

Reply #836471 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Any word on whether Paul will be playing?

Reply #836478 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Any word on whether Perth will be playing in this one?

Reply #836480 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

They are either playing or when they aren't they are playing in peoples heads.

Reply #836483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth living rent free in people's heads!

Reply #836484 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Any word on whether Paul will be playing?

I can't find any confirmation but Paul's inclusion may be crucial in defeating Brisbane and helping Perth lift the NBL Cup.

Reply #836490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth by 11

Reply #836492 | Report this post

Tdub  
Years ago

Last night's Channel 7 news reported Paul would not be playing today, but may suit up next game. Not sure how reliable that info is but it made the 6o clock news.

Reply #836495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched 7 news last night but I didn't see that. I am in Perth though so that might be the reason why.

Reply #836497 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If Perf was a disease... narcissistic personality disorder

(apologies to those who may be offended. I'm a cis-gendered white middle aged male)

Reply #836499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When will Cotton be naturalised and who are Perth going to sign as the new second import?

Reply #836502 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

If Adelaide had Cotton and Mooney instead of Kendle and Crocker I would tip them in this one.

Aniel Johnson won't be able to stop Brisbane bigs.

Reply #836503 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

In order for the Sixers to win :

- DJ would have to make Hodgson really work on defence and hopefully get 20 points.
- Crocker will also need to score 20.
- Dech to slow down Sobey.
- McVeigh to take Pinder's minutes.
- Not sure who is even capable to stopping Law.

Reply #836507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brandon paul playing tonight

Reply #836513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"When will Cotton be naturalised and who are Perth going to sign as the new second import?" Australia Day next year.

Reply #836514 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Great news!

Reply #836515 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Great news!.
Perthworld do you mean Paul playing or Cotton being an Aussie next Australia Day.

Reply #836521 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Paul playing, as this is an Adelaide game thread after all.

Reply #836522 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Ah yes. But with Humphries out and Paul in his first game would still think Brisbane to win.

Reply #836524 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Citizenships are done year round not just on Australia day, so Cotton could be naturalized sooner. I wonder if Paul will play against the Wildcats.

Reply #836526 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

All the best Kendle who was probably doing them a huge favour. I realise a pro gig is a pro gig but can't imagine he would have been on much. Can't understand why he didn't play more because he did some good things. Lots of teams could do worse than have him as in import.

Reply #836527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Paul legit playing or people are just talking shit?

Reply #836528 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

He doesn't show up in the stats so I think it was BS.

Reply #836530 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

If ponder si your starting five..it's game over...this man has low basketball iq

Reply #836531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

62 points in a half, wow, the 36ers only got 62 points in the game against the Breakers.

Reply #836533 | Report this post

buffbundy  
Years ago

Not much D tonight. But O a plenty. Sobey, Johnson, Dech unstoppable.

Reply #836534 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Wow ...who would believe that the Sixers would be up 6 at the half when Sobey has 18 points at 7/8 and the Bullets overall were 60+ FG%.

The fear I have is the Bullets still have Law to fire up whilst I don't see much more coming from the Sixers.

Reply #836535 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Perfect first half by the Sixers denying Bullets both quarter win points.

Reply #836536 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Is Paul playing ,?? Team certainly got mojo happening.. Said all along stick with Sixers... s ouch a pity IH is down... plenty love for the group ...

Reply #836537 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Paul isn't playing.

Third quarter goes to the Bullets, but that's only one point, no big deal. Let's get that win Sixers.

Reply #836540 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Sixers determined to lose this game, turnovers, turnovers.

Reply #836541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone should have ran through and hurt Crocker on that late three point attempt. Game was over, trying to show Bullets up. Put him out of action for 4-6 weeks.

Reply #836544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ Dech Giddey McVeigh, the rest can go, too much average talent on the list costs another win.

Reply #836545 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

So much self inflicted damage.

Reply #836546 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Hurting someone for trying to score a basket in basketball...Wow...what a tough man you are.

Reply #836547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enjoyable game, Sixers turn overs late costly. Brisbane are very solid 8/9 players. Froling not getting any time. WMW ahead of Sobey, who picked that Australian squad. Coach Henry doing fine job, Sixers could still make finals which was unlikely at seasons start. Brisbane with Law and Sobey looking finals for certain.

Reply #836548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers need to be brutal at the seasons end, get some players in that can get on the court and play an important role, and some young players that actually give us some depth.
Issac White teamed up with Sunday Dech would be a great start.

Reply #836549 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

I'm hope Pinder will start again vs Perth...Perth will win the NBL cup..

Reply #836551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane beat Adelaide and took the lead over Perth in the NBL Cup ladder.

Reply #836552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For those asking when Paul is playing, I don't know. But I do know that Cotton will be naturalised within six weeks and the Cats are looking for the best available import.

Reply #836555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Hurting someone for trying to score a basket in basketball...Wow...what a tough man you are."

You mean like Crocker did to Jack White, and everyone was fine with?

Reply #836556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pinder had a tough game for his standards but man never seen a 36er put in his type of hustle and effort A+ effort every game so easy to cheer for him

Reply #836561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Keanu for posting

Reply #836564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocker is the one you Sixers fans should be disappointed in, Pinder is on peanuts, Crocker on big money, not delivering.

Reply #836567 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Did I miss the post highlighting how good Dech's dunk on Hodgson was?

Reply #836579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton is expected to have citizenship within 6 weeks. Source: Ten News

Reply #836580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pinder ain't on peanuts hence why they keep playing him. Hard to justify to the owner why you've forked out 100+k for someone who sits on the bench whole game, which is where he belongs. Could go down as the most ridiculous signing for return on investment in Sixers history.

Reply #836581 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Gutsy effort by an undermanned Sixers. Crocker missing in action again. Whilst Bullets imports were integral. Sobey in hot form. Looking forward to Paul hitting the court soon.

Reply #836582 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Cant believe Teys didn't get on the floor for his 250th. That is just poor club culture

Reply #836585 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

You would at least let him have a 30 sec stint

Reply #836586 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Poor effort from Henry not playing Teys.
Is he trying to run Giddey into the ground playing 35+min a game.

Reply #836590 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Cant believe Teys didn't get on the floor for his 250th.
If he didn't get on the floor, it wasn't his 250th.

Reply #836591 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Saving Teys for Perth.

Reply #836593 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

We need Giddey to play 35 mins lol

Dejan is probably rookie of the year but Giddey has been brilliant this year given his age.

He is starting to get some shots in last few games too.

We look at the young talent that has come into the NBL this year it's absolutely brilliant. I don’t remember a year like this in a very long time in respect of so much sheer young talent getting it done.

Reply #836600 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

And let's not forget McVeigh improvement. Most improved .... been absolute wonder man.. shows what confidence and minutes can do .... agree can't keep flogging giddey...
Esp short turn around format - maybe flog pinder like a dead horse - might find life. Something to ponder wonder - Teys 250th soon club legend ....

Reply #836605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Pinder is on 100g plus, yes then someone has some answers to explain, he was a bench sitter in Switzerland after getting moved around a few clubs always on the lower level. If he's low budget player not so bad.

Reply #836607 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

With currently a roster of 4 players did really well and it was only Sobey that kept them in game and won it for them.
Sobey now 3 going well for him is way ahead of any Aust. guard in NBL and unbelievable bemusing not in Aus. squad.
Time now that we acknowledge that Sixers have a real good coach and can only look forward to seeing Paul and Humphries join team.

Reply #836633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers have a good coach? By starting Pinder the facts seem to pint the other way

Reply #836634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, jury still out on that one.

Reply #836645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smart move by the sixers getting rid of Sobey LMAO

Reply #836646 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

BTM, I think Vic Law's contributions in the last were critical to Brisbane winning too. Had he missed just one of those turn around jumpers than I suspect the result would be different.

Still, agree that Sobey's 3 ball shooting this season has gone to another level.

Reply #836651 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:52 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754