Anonymous
Years ago

Wildcats win NBL cup

The Wildcats win the NBL cup and break their zero season long title drought. A true underdog story.

Topic #48216 | Report this topic

J  
Years ago

Hahaha op love the sass

Reply #836819 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

It's been nearly 12 months since winning against Sydney.
Well done.

Reply #836820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lmao off and personally dislike Perth but respect. Gleeson must be on championship bonuses.

Reply #836823 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

Thanks Perth wilcats for winning the nbl cup..

Reply #836828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet another meaningless win.

Reply #836829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What other meaningless wins have they had?

Reply #836830 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

These meaningless remarks come from underachievers.

Reply #836832 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I love the synergy:

March, 2020: Sydney hand us the title by opting out.
March 2021: Sydney hand us the cup, but at least this time it was done on-court.

Thank you Paul Smith.

Reply #836833 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

With how much the Victorian economy is suffering due to lockdowns (apparently...I live elsewhere) it seems hilarious that the Victorian government will be handing $250,000 to a WA and QLD team and potentially another $50 to NSW...sure that will go down well with local shop owners.

Reply #836838 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Perth given softest drew.. played less games where fatigue is a signifart factor.. kings doing them favour breakers really disadvantaged... Brissy just faded ... getting lucky perth - about time you won something- legit - only one nbl cup - no dynasty there

Reply #836842 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Perth given softest drew.. played less games where fatigue is a signifart factor.. kings doing them favour breakers really disadvantaged... Brissy just faded ... getting lucky perth - about time you won something- legit - only one nbl cup - no dynasty there

Reply #836843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're a signifart

Reply #836848 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Perth most successful team in pro sport history? Must be

Reply #836849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will win the championship as well. The United salary cap cheating chokers have no chance

Reply #836855 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Anon 843 sounds salty.

Reply #836867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Lebron came to Australia he'd insist on playing for the wildcats

Reply #836870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, they can afford him.

Reply #836877 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Cats played 3 games in 5 days and beat a full strength Melbourne (Goulding did his calf that game)

Reply #836879 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Weren't United down Ili for that one?

Reply #836882 | Report this post

Thanks Trev

Reply #836884 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Yes, he was injured but I really don't think he would of moved the needle that much

Reply #836886 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[Cats played 3 games in 5 days and beat a full strength Melbourne (Goulding did his calf that game)]

Down Ili and CG got injured during the game

Reply #836887 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Let's run through some of Perths games

Played SEM minus Broekhoff, Gibbo, Pineau.... got done by 25.

Played SEM minus all those guys and Sykes.... won by a point

Played United without CG and Ili... won by 4

Played Sydney without Martin and Cooks... won by 7

Played NZ without Patterson, Corey Webster and Rob Loe.... won by 10

Well done to Perth. You can only beat whoever fronts up to play you

But on the other hand, let's not pretend this is some grand or super impressive accomplishment.

Reply #836889 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Reply #836896 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Cherry picking doesn't support the cause it just makes you look sour.

Reply #836897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV, who has won 3 of the last 4 titles? Who has won 5 of the last 8 years? Of course this is another routine win for the most successful Australian sports franchise.

Reply #836900 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Let's not rest now we have the Cup.
Let's hammer Adelaide tomorrow:)

Reply #836904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many sore losers on this board, very satisfying reading them. The excuses are hilarious.

Reply #836912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hilarious stuff LV!

Reply #836924 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Remember the idiots who sooked that Perth will be bad this year and channel their frustrations at LK?

Then Perth does well and they stick the finger at Melbourne, Sydney etc.

Perth fans. Every. Single. Year.

Reply #836925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who blamed LK for Perth not being a good team? You're heading into LV territory a bit KET.

Reply #836930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I always thought Perth would be there about, Gleeson has the smarts and Cotton and Mooney plus the ability to get Blanchfield going is the start of a good squad.
Be careful Perth fans though because one injury to either Mooney or Cotton and not even Gleeson will get you out of that hole. Congratulations on winning the cup though.

Reply #836934 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" Who blamed LK for Perth not being a good team? You're heading into LV territory a bit KET."

Nonsense - a good example would be the vitriol about Perth deciding to avoid the NS process and sign Mooney as an import.

And agreed re above - anytime you have Cotton you're in playoffs contention no matter what and add in a well oiled machine situation and it becomes comical to 1) believe Perth to be closer to wooden spoon than top 4 and 2) to be sooking about expedinture of other clubs when your club has every capacity to spend should they deem it necessary and have done so when necessary in the past

Reply #836937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who blamed LK for Perth having a bad team?

Reply #836939 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I didn't complain.

I didn't think the Wildcats would make the playoffs this year.

However I wasn't to know :
- Mooney was so good. I was also wrong about the missed NS opportunity. We now know why they didn't want to risk Mooney in the open NS Market.
- Blanchfield would be so consistent.
- Wagstaff to step up as well.

Reply #836940 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Pre season predictions probably didn't factor in that half the teams would be struck hard by injuries, and Perth would stay healthy and play most of their early games against those opponents.

Reply #836942 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Cry us a river LV.

Leave out some details though like Perth playing 10 straight games on the road with an 11th game today.
Injuries suck but ALL teams cop them at some point.

Reply #836943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV you sound like a little bitch who lost his toy

Reply #836944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pre season predictions probably didn't factor in Melbourne playing 8+ consecutive home games but losing three in a row because their stacked team is starting to show cracks already.

Reply #836946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV, do you remember the thread you started last year about Perth's "shaky start"? It was very much the same as the comments you've made in this thread ie they've been lucky and they will soon get found out.

We obviously know what happened last season, and as luck would have it, you even started a thread for Game 3 of last year's GF where you completely made a dick of yourself by comparing teams on paper and predicting a Sydney win.

We get it. You hate Perth. You're jealous of their success. Just admit that and move on because you're really not doing yourself any favours by continually making the same analysis and getting it completely wrong every time.

Reply #836948 | Report this post

LITS  
Years ago

LV too stupid to realize his team played the exact same teams as Perth did, lol

Let's run through some of Melbourne's games

Played SEM minus Sykes, Broekhoff, Gibbo, Pineau.... got done by 7.

Played a shit Perth team that's no good according to LV... got done by 4.

Played Sydney without Martin and Cooks... won by just 3

Played NZ without Patterson, and Rob Loe.... won by just 3

Perth also playing with a banged up Cotton & Norton... but these guys just suck it up and keep fronting up night after night.

Melb can't even win it when the whole NBL Cup is rigged in their favour with every game a home game and playing against opponents who have been on the road for 5 straight weeks, and in NZB case... the whole season.

LV the biggest sook in the country, lol

Reply #836954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still think there gonna need a stud import to get through the playoffs. I hope they go for a henry ellenson once his 10 day contract with Toronto is finished next week. Should match up with cotton citizenship perfectly.

Reply #836959 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I don't really understand this Perth v Melbourne war.

Both were, in my opinion, expected to do well, and they’re the top 2 teams. Neither have performed under expectations, and in this league teams will register some losses regardless of circumstances.

Similarly a team like Adelaide will register wins regardless - and they have.

Going into when it really counts, I don’t really know who would win in a Perth v Melbourne series. Possibly goes to the team with home ground advantage. Ofcourse as we saw last year that isn’t everything.

No "excuses" need to be made. Too much shooting from the hip around here by people being too big for their britches.

Criticising a team that’s 10-4 or 8-4, come on, that’s comical.

Reply #836960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wagstaff always steps up, some punters around here should actually watch games instead of just looking at stats. Gleeson is not just lucky he's very astute and smart.

Reply #836963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a Perth vs LV war ;-)

Reply #836966 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Is "war" the right term for it though?
Was Road Runner at war with Wile E. Coyote?

I mean ... "a bit embarrassing that Perth aren't doing better"?
Really??

Reply #836971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV is more like Elmer Fudd.

Reply #836972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fucken LOL at LV suggesting SEM were missing Broekhoff in previous games.

Reply #836982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth were the only team to play against Adelaide with Brandon Paul ;)

Reply #837104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the wildcats were missing their second import this whole time!

Reply #837106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But everyone knows that each team had a bunch of injuries just before they were due to play the wildcats, then they magically recovered just after the wildcats game.

/LV logic

Reply #837109 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Perth did well in demolishing Adelaide in the second half yet still allowed Adelaide enough cup points to avoid last place.
Good result for both teams in this game.

Reply #837136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know that they "allowed" them those points. They were well and truly outplayed in the first half!

Reply #837137 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

True that. But poor coaching and defense allowed a 19-0 run.

Reply #837140 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

No 6er fan should be looking at the 1.5 points more we had than Cairns.

We should be lamenting the 2-6 record.

For a tgeam with so much promise this is just unacceptable.

Reply #837145 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

As someone that went to his first Wildcats game in 1986, I'm struggling to remember a version of the Wildcats that work harder than this mob. The offences are superb and utilise Cotton both as a focal point and decoy. They are working beautifully together and executing so well that a bit of me really hopes that if a new import comes in, that the chemistry is not ruined. Bugger the import, just get Nick Kay back!

Reply #837155 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:59 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754